Chapter 13 – A tournament?
134 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today when i arrived in class there was an announcement from the loudspeakers calling all students to gather in the assembly hall. It seems that the principal has an important announcement to make. I sit down on a seat and wait as other students also find their seats. Then the principal walks on stage and stands at the podium. 

-My wonderful students! I have a important announcement to make! In the next two weeks we shall hold an tournament to see who has best martial and combat skills. No longer will the duel arena will be simply used as a place to settle differences. Now we shall see who will truly reign supreme in the field of honor. Now, you may be wondering what will be the reward? Its simple, i have managed to get the UN to grant the winner one wish, of course within reason but i'm sure you can come up with something. Oh and before i forget, your homeroom teachers will pass papers for those who want to join. Any questions you have please direct it to your homeroom teacher. 

And on that bombshell the principal leaves the stage. The hall buzes with whispers and talks, everyone's wondering if the reward is true and not an out of season April's fools. I've seen this kind of tournament before in other worlds but this is the first time I've had the chance to participate in the first one. As people chat and discuss i slip back to class to find Vanessa waiting there for me. 

-I thought you would try to slip back here. 

-And what does the princess want with me? 

-Simple, promise me you'll participate and fight me in finals. 

-And what makes you think we'll meet in the finals? 

-Just a gut feeling, oh also, why don't we train together till the tournament? 

-Sure, but aren't we just going to reveal our secrets? 

-Yeah but then its more fun, this way we'll have to think on the spot how to win. 

-I like it, sure. 

-Yay! We start tomorrow. 

Then everyone returns to class and the homeroom teacher comes in and hands us the registration forms. I raise my hands to ask a question. 

-Yeah? What's your question? 

-What exactly are the rules? 

-Its based on a points system, limbs and vital points will have varying points for hitting and the winner is whoever reaches the score limit first. Any more questions? 

-No, thank you. 

Well that's a twist i didn't expect, i was thinking it would either be a fight to submission or a badge vital point system. But a point system? That opens up some interesting possibilities. I feel in the form and return it to the teacher, I look around and see a few others also fill in the forms. The homeroom teacher also explains that this tournament will not affect grades and is completely optional. I sit down and class resumes as usual. 

After school i see people practicing their fighting skills in the arena, some are doing basic swings while others are practicing against each other. I decide to go out of the academy and walk to the tree that i revived yesterday, i place my hand on it and pour more mana into it. A golden apple sprouts once again and i pick it. I walk over to the edge of the park overlooking the ocean and pull out a can of tea from my storage. I take a bite out the apple and enjoy the ocean breeze. Fifteen minutes later I notice a couple of people in suits walk up to me. One has black hair and wears sunglasses and the other is a red haired lady. 

-How can i help you sir? 

-I'm Muller and this is Sally, we'd like to ask you a few questions. 

-Sure fire away. 

-What do you know about "Epsilon"? 

-Who's asking? 

-CIA that's who. Now do you know Epsilon? 

-Well that's a loaded question, you're assuming i even know what an Epsilon is to the CIA, but I'm just a student. 

-Cut the crap kid, we know you have some connection to him. 

-I see your the tenacious type, but sir I'm just a student with a golden apple. 

I reply and take another bite out my apple. Then the other agent who has so far been quiet speaks. 

-Muller let me handle this. Look kid, I'm going to be honest with you, we need to speak to Epsilon. 

-Why's that? 

-Cause we need info and Epsilon is to our knowledge the best info broker in the world. 

I sigh, looks like their sincere. Epsilon what have you gotten yourself into? 

-Alright yes i have a connection to Epsilon but what kind of info do you need? 

-We're looking for info on a man only known as "Mikhael". 

-Let me see. 

I pull out my gold decorated flip phone and call Epsilon. 

-Epsilon. 

-Yeah? What do you need sir? 

-Info on Mikhael. 

-Let's see, he's currently in the ruins of Dubai at the Burj al Arab. I'm forwarding the rest of the info i have on him. By the way, why do you need this? 

-Some suits are interested in him. 

-I see, is this a good idea? 

-Why not. 

-Very well sir. 

I receive the data on my data pad and send it to Sally's data pad. 

-There, you happy?

-Thanks, I'm sorry for bothering. 

-It's fine, next time just ask politely okay? 

The agents walk away and I go back to eating my apple. Seriously, these CIA super agents need to realise politeness goes a long way. I head back to my dorm and contact Epsilon again, i tell her to keep an eye out for these two agents. I have a feeling they may do something very stupid. 

6