Chapter 15 – Progress
120 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its been a week since i started training Vanessa, she's been making impressive progress. So far she's doubled in stamina and has far improved her technique. Now we're here again in the arena so i can fully assess what else we need to do or improve on. I look at Vanessa with her Excalibur in her hand. Last week her technique and posture was a bit of a mess, she relied on her high base specs and the might of Excalibur to win, now she's more focused and ready. 

-Go ahead Vanessa, let's see the fruits of your training. 

-Alright! Let's go! 

She rushes me again like last time but her movement is more efficient, more methodical, more refined. When we clash swords she immediately breaks off to strike again. We trade blows but now Vanessa uses her improved stamina to dodge my swings and counter attack rather than trying to block me. It seems she made some adjustments to her strategy, clever girl. 

-Looks like you're trying something new. 

-Yeah, since i wanna make you take me seriously. 

-But Princess, I'm always serious, I'm making sure to match your speed and strength. 

-That's just making me more excited! 

With my provocation Vanessa steps up her speed and strength of her attacks. She's even varying her strength to try and throw me off. But my reflexes let me to keep up and predict what she's planning on. After a few more minutes of sparring we stop and each head to our locker rooms. We meet up outside to go over the training. 

-So how did i do? 

-Pretty good in all honesty, you've made a lot of progress. You've double in stamina, your posture and technique has improved and overall you've gotten much stronger. 

-But I'm still not as strong as you. Seriously where the hell did that strength come from!? 

-Let's just say I've been training like this for a long time, and I've had much harder practice. 

-Seriously, i thought you were a nobody but now i think you were hiding it the whole time. 

-I thought it wasn't the right time till recently. 

-What kind enigmatic saying are you talking about. 

-Oh it's nothing, just some dumb stuff i thought up. 

-And i thought you were being serious. 

-Oh but i am princess. 

-You! Sigh, you always seem to be playing me. 

-If you think I'm playing you now then you've seen nothing yet. 

-Okay fine, so what do we need to improve on? 

-Its really nothing new, just gotta continue doing what we're doing. Maybe up the stamina training but so far we're good. 

-M... More stamina training? 

-Yeah, i guess we gotta do a couple laps of the city and up the supplement drink i made. 

-Do.. Do we really have to run more? 

-Unless you got another idea to improve your stamina. 

-F... Fine but can at least take breaks before the next lap. 

-Hmm, depends on if we can make it in time. 

-In time?

-Yeah, if we go quick enough we can take a break. Otherwise we'll just keep going. 

-Why!? 

-Cause I've made the supplement drink to specifically to match our jogs, otherwise it won't have the full effect. 

-O.. Oh. 

-Don't worry about it, you'll get used to running that long. After all, this is to help your stamina. 

We then part ways and i head back to my dorm, once inside i contact Epsilon for an update. 

-Yes sir? 

-What's the progress on our bases? 

-All three bases are up and running, the mountain outposts are intercepting secure lines of communication, the moon bases fleets are ready for tasking, and finally the Hydra nest is fully operational with ships ready for power projection. 

-Good, good. With the big stick ready we can walk softly over anyone who tries to do something funny. 

-Yes sir, with our network and manpower we can pull the rug under any opponent. Even if the US and and AU joined against us we'll win easily. 

-Its probably not gonna be necessary but its a nice to have, any word about those two agents from last week? 

-So far nothing sir, it seems they're processing the info we passed to them. Looks like they're building a profile and verifying their findings. 

-Seems they're not that rash, keep an eye on them. For some reason i have this sinking feeling about what they're up to. 

-Understood sir, anything else? 

-Not really, but what about we go on a evening date? 

-Why sir? 

-Why not? You should be rewarded every now and then. After all you are doing the heavy lifting. 

-Sir, thank you. 

-Ah its nothing, c'mon if we hurry we can still get a seat at one of those fancy restaurants. 

-Already have a reservation sir. 

-Good job. But for tonight don't call me sir. 

-Yes si- okay Rezan. 

We leave the dorm and while avoiding being spotted we reach outside the academy i pull out a fancy sports car from my storage that Epsilon bought. I hoped in the driver seat and we drove off the our reservation. It was a fancy restaurant on top of a 50 story hotel, it had a great view of the city. We enjoyed the music and atmosphere while waiting for our meal. 

We chatted about the past worlds we've been to, talked in old forgotten languages and reminisced. Soon our food arrived, i got a rare high quality steak, Epsilon ordered a  bowl of fancy French soup. After our meal we drove back to the academy and put the car back in my storage, we snuck back to my dorm and locked the door behind us. Epsilon jumped on me and we spent a passionate night together. 

5