Chapter 22 – Shock & Awe
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly left the Academy and made my way to the meeting point with Epsilon was, we would go over the details before finally breaching the meeting room and capturing Titan. I find Epsilon on a rooftop of a nearby building staring at the hotel, she looks to be monitoring the situation. 

-So how's the situation? 

-So far according to plan, the lieutenants are all in attendance and Titan has been confirmed to have arrived. 

-Good. So we cut the power and plant mute charges, then breach the room and neutralize everyone. 

-Mute charges are already set and I've gotten access to the hotels power grid, we'll have 30 seconds to breach before the power turns back on. 

-That's plenty of time. Say, what about extraction? We can't teleport them without leaving a mana signature, only fourth brother and his daughter can do that. 

-I have drones ready to move them to the roof where a small transport is waiting, it'll fit all of them though probably not comfortably. 

-Comfort is the least of our concerns. When do we start? 

-In about 15 minutes, that's when the meeting will be underway. 

-Then we better get going. 

-Yup. 

We make our way through the hotel and prepare for the blackout in the emergency staircase, its usually locked when there's power so Titans men won't be looking here. The plan is simple, to get the element of surprise we'll cut the power. That'll get us 30 seconds to capture them, the mute charges are to make sure nobody on the floors above or below will hear us, the meeting room floor and the room itself does have built-in noise cancelation but only with power hence the mute charges. We set up our gear and weapons just before its time. 

-So what gun you want? 

-Since it's a CQC op why not shotguns? 

-Then I'll take Shock & Awe, which on do you want? 

-I'll use Thunderstruck. 

-Alright then. 

I hand Epsilon a pump action shotgun from my storage, Thunderstruck. Its clean white exterior hides the sheer power inside, made by my 3rd brother its one of the few sonic based weapons still being used with cheaper models used by police forces across the Empire. As for me i pull out a pair of lever action shotguns, not the old wild west ones but similar in form. The purple and orange paint scheme and all metal frame hint to its more sophisticated design. Why are energy weapons using a manual action? Because the sheer power consumption of the shotguns requires multiple photon reactors and as such requires to the user to manually cycle between them. Otherwise you'll have lengthy recharge times between shots. This does mean shotguns have even more options to their projectile type so they can nearly match ballistic shotguns in terms of ammo variety. 

After satisfying this strange need for exposition Epsilon informs me that it's time. She cuts the power and we head through the door to the meeting room. The mute charges goes off and everything is deathly silent. I kick the door down and while some lieutenants try to draw their guns i fire my shotguns first. Epsilon fires at Titan who appears to be trying to escape, his large frame completely absorbs the blast and he's sent flying into the wall. He lays there passed out. Our shotguns are set to stun so we quickly knock everyone out before the lights come back on. When the lights finally did come back on it was clear that we managed to catch all of the lieutenants and Titan himself. I let Epsilon handle the clean up and returned back to the Academy. I check the guess room to see that Claire is still asleep so leave her be and made myself a cup of coffee and enjoyed the night breeze. 

Epsilon's POV

After Sir Rezan left i managed the drones to carry all the lieutenants and Titan up the roof, since i had access to the entire hotels computers and circuit boards i used the emergency stairs to quietly move them. Once at the roof a transport ship roughly the size of those VTOLs this world's navies used deactivated its cloak and opened the rear ramp, the drones dragged the captives on board. I climbed into the pilot seat and flew the ship towards the indian ocean, in just an hour or so we arrived on the Hydra nest, a massive 5 kilometer hexagon that was basically a floating military base, it could submerge and turn invisible, plus the onboard foundries and multiple galaxy-class photon reactors which could produce an entire galaxy's worth of energy this base could spew thousands of vehicles. Be they space-borne or sea, the Hydra could manufacture just about anything. 

I land the transport on one of the many landing pads and had the drones transport the captives to their respective holding cells. However i did specify to move Titan himself to the interrogation room, i plan on "convincing" him personally. A few hours later he wakes up strapped to a chair and is surrounded by monitoring and brainwashing equipment, more importantly for me is that the brainwashing equipment can be used for torture too. I listen to him behind the one-way mirror. 

-Who-Where? Where the fuck am i? Let me go! Do you know who i am?! Huh!? I'll kill your whole family after i had my way with 'em! 

I hit the red button that activates the shock cuffs. 

-Ahh! You bitch! Who are you! Show me your face! I'll carve it up just you wait! 

I press the microphone button. 

-I wouldn't suggest that. 

-Who? Are you the motherfucker who kidnapped me?! 

-Perhaps, but I'm certainly the one who's gonna torture you. 

-Ha! I'd like to see you try! Nothing can break me! 

-Perhaps the body is strong but not the mind, there's plenty of ways i cam have fun. 

I start messing with the console and pressed random buttons, despite the fact we've had many prisoners kept while we were in other worlds i rarely actually used the torture equipment. Sir Rezan said to just mind read and wipe them clean so i don't actually know what exactly all the buttons do, this is going to be exciting. 

3