Chapter 5
38 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mateo underwent a series of unconsciousness after he woke up as a baby, this occurred for the most part of his early stages. Perhaps it was caused as a result from the transfer of soul to body. Mateo remained conscious for brief periods of time but he was still lethargic most of the time. When he was unconscious, he was in a sort of dream-like state, he would remember specific scenes that occurred in his previous life playing again and again. He always felt trapped in this continuous dimension of repetitive scenes. He couldn't even interact with the people in these dreams, they would talk to him but he would only watch. It was like he was in a movie recounting his previous life experiences but the catch was, he was a stranger to each one, it felt lonely contrary to the fact that the people in the dream always interacted with him, but he couldn't.

 

This led to a lot of alone time and he used this time to piece together what had happened to him over the course of the last few traumatic experiences. "This is what they call reincarnation right?, just like those online novels that I've read from time to time". He was an avid fan of Asian fantasy novels and he always wondered what it would be like to reincarnate or transport into another world or even across dimensions. Of course, he didn't expect that it would actually happen to himself courtesy from a God nonetheless. However, he was still conflicted, "Should I be happy that I'm still alive? But what would happen to my mother?", he felt depressed thinking about his biological mom, he just couldn't help but worry about her. He didn't remember much about his dead father, he saw pictures of him to which his mom kept dearly, all that she said was that he died whilst on duty as a fireman. I knew that my mother never truly wanted to talk about it, whenever I mentioned anything about my biological dad, I would see traces of sadness on her face and it pained me to continue questioning her further. Now that I'm also dead, would my mother be alright? That was his primary concern. His mother never remarried after the death of her husband and she tried her best to become a stable parent figure towards Mateo but she always knew that she couldn't replace her husband as a father figure. She always knew that Mateo found it difficult growing up to fit in with the rest of the youths due to the absence of his father. But she was also proud of her son because he always tried his best to live a fulfilling life.

 

Mateo thought about this matter throughout his repetitive cycle of unconsciousness and he never found the answer to it, maybe he didn't want to find out. Besides that, he thought about where he was reincarnated to, from when he was conscious, he saw a few things that resembled his previous world, there were still trees as observed from glances at the windows, the sky was still blue, the sun was still yellow and people were still people. But the strange thing were the clothes that they wore. It was like the apparel from a previous era on Earth, it was eerily similar to the medieval period due to the presence of long elegant dresses that his mother wore and the men that he saw wore clothes similar to the dress codes of a time long ago.

 

There were three other individuals that he kept seeing from moments of brief consciousness, he saw a tall serious man in his forties with slick dark brown hair, bright blue eyes and his face kept clean shaven. He looked like a CEO of some major company on Earth. Besides him was another handsome male but much younger like his previous self, he had the same facial features like the serious man, he stood upright and kept a serious attitude similar to the other man but you could tell that he was not as strict as the clean shaven CEO. The last individual that kept him company was a young girl, presumably in her teens, she resembled the very first woman that he ever saw as soon as he opened his eyes. Like that woman, she had crimson hair but this time she had it in a ponytail however, she didn't have hazel eyes and instead took the blue colour from the serious man. She was always smiling and laughing, he would even be carried by this girl from time to time.

 

Mateo assumed that these three were bound to him by blood and with that he wondered how he would look like now if that serious man was his father and that beautiful lady was his mother. He always thought that his previous appearance was passable in the eyes of girls his own age in fact he was complimented half the time he met a new girl back then. He only had a few relationships but nothing too serious, after all he was always at work or in college. He simply didn't have the time for a girlfriend, he could've had a few flings here and there but in his eyes he knew he wouldn't be taking them serious so he stopped searching after awhile. He wanted to have a stable income before having a healthy relationship and he stood by that, partly because he wanted to take care of his mother.

 

Although he could observe, he still couldn't overcome the language barrier. Intangible sounds kept emanating from their mouths but all that he heard were nonsense. He wanted to at least understand what they were saying so that he would feel accepted by society again. He felt like his recent life was in a constant state of darkness contrary to being awake half the time, he couldn't escape from it he felt like a hostage bound by chains and he wanted to break free like a certain musician. He experimented for a period of time by attempting to talk in English towards the kind woman but all he got as a response was that same rocking motion and it made him dizzy to the point he would fall asleep. He tried it on the young girl and what he got was himself being raised up high like Simba, it scared the shit out of him quite literally. It felt like one of those rollercoasters that sent you high up in the sky rapidly. He didn't dare try to speak with the serious man, he was afraid of what would happen, he didn't want to be raised up high like Simba, imagine what the man would do instead. In reality whenever he spoke in English all that they could hear were incomprehensible baby coos and cries that's why he was being treated like a lost boy. It was cute in their perspective.

0