Chapter 1 – Huh?
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up with a start. Where am I? I remember... wait what do I remember? I remember stuff I did but not what I was doing last, how did I get here? Why am I on the floor and in these old clothes? Huuuuuuhhhhh?!

Calming down I get my emotions under control I begin to think about what I was doing last. 

I was I think going to sleep? I can remember listening to music and playing songs but I can't remember what I was doing before I went to sleep. Where am I anyway?

I look around and can see I am sitting in an alley with torn clothes, a small leather cap on my head and nothing else on me. Suddenly I see a glowing icon sort of floating in my vision. Focusing in on it I get some instructions. 


System Access Granted...

Welcome to the System -Sorrel Xarlyle-

Due to spending excess memories you have unlocked these functions -

Functions Availiable: 

  • Stat Menu
  • Song Library (3 Unlocked)
  • Unlocked Instruments (3 Unlocked)

Welp it seems I got reincarnate or something, and system functions cost my memories. I mean I guess that explains why I can't remember how I got here. I might be seen as too fine with you know losing my memories and all, but I was already a forgetful person by nature and I accept my circumstances quickly, as I was currently living in an alleyway. 

I guess my next option is finding a way to get money. 

I hobble out of the alley and find myself on a bustling street, merchants selling at food stands and various people hustling about. I walk around and see some people doing magic. Yes Magic. Something that I only thought was fairytale is real here! they were making little creatures battle each other made out of elements. Surprisingly though I didn't see any bards. I mean, I saw warriors, mages, and priests, but their wasn't a single person out here playing music which I thought was odd. It was all so ordinary compared to what I had imagined. 

I sit on a barrel near a fountain and check my new 'system' it said I had unlocked stuff. 


Unlocked Instruments

  • Flute
  • Guitar - (Acoustic)
  • Piano

Choose one to play, the others will be used for backup. 



Stat Menu: 

Name: Sorrel Xarlyle

Job: Sound Mage

Sub-job: Bard

Str - 8

Agi - 12

Dex - 17

Wis - 9

Int - 12

For - 20



Songs Available:

  • Stronghold 2 - Ministrelosity
  • Robert Russel - A Star of Your Own
  • Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand

You know what song would be fitting right now? Ministrelosity. It would perfectly fit the atmosphere right now. So lets see here, select 'flute' select song 'Stronghold 2 - Ministrelosity' and... 'Start in 1 minute'.

I get ready to play, and I get odd looks from the surrounding people, I mean you would look weird if you saw a raggedy person stand up and stick his hands up randomly. Though it wasn't random, as if one looked closely they could see a faint silhouette of a flute shape in my hands. 

(Play Stronghold 2 - Minestrelosity  )

I start playing and I get a few looks of amazement and a few of the mages start to play along at the same time. Little squirrels and horses galloping while I play. A large group of children gathered around but they weren't being loud they were just enjoying my music and watching the show the other mages produced. Some adults came over and watched, but the music was mostly circling around the square and making everything more lively. The system supported my playing with the guitar and the music sounded magical. I was mostly too focused on playing to pay attention to much, but I was pretty sure people were dropping coins into my hat on the ground. 

When I wasn't paying attention a few of the little girls started dancing and when people came over to see the sight it was a nice scene.  animals dancing children hopping along, and the wildest of the all me, looking like a beggar while playing. As I finished the song I got a round of applause and some of the magicians shook my hand as they had gotten a lot of pocket change from me helping. My hat was filled to the brim with various coins and with that I left, much to the crowds disappointment. I made a final yell as I walked away. 

"Don't worry, I'll be back tonight!"

I walked to a place labeled 'clothes' and got myself a decent outfit, much better then what I was wearing before. It was green, but a forestry green, with black overalls, and a pair of dark brown  boots, with hidden compartments in the soles, it was the most expensive as the compartment was actually meant to store hidden blades. I got a coin bag and poured half of my earnings in there and the rest equally in my shoes. I made sure they didn't clank in my shoes and I started walking to an inn. I immediately fell asleep in the bed after paying for a night.

I somehow only woke up 2 hours later. I dunno how, usually I sleep a lot. At least I would be on time for my performance tonight. I was thinking about playing a different song but I could barely remember how, and I think the memory of it was locked by the system.  So I only had two songs left, and I had already decided which one I would be playing. I walked out to the square and got in position. This time though there was a bit of a crowd and a few people had even opened their windows from the buildings around.   

(Play Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand)

The piano background begins playing and I hold my flute made out of wind in my grasp, holding it in position I begin to play. The song is kind of sad but very gentle and people can't help but to quiet down when listening to it. A scene of a ruined land can be pictured, and I was imagining my past, as blurry as it was. I closed my eyes when playing, not really playing notes as much as imitating sounds using the wind. I don't know if it was magic of some kind the music itself traveled through the town leaving a wistful feeling. 

As the song ended, I could here people cheering for me, coins being tossed my way, many of which went everywhere except where my hat was. Soon the cheering and clapping died down and it seemed the people wanted me to play more. I got a notification from my system right at that moment as well. 


Achievement Unlocked! Making an entire crowd of more then 25 people feel moved, 2 songs unlocked. 

  • The Happy Fits - Moving
  • Sam Celentano - How Long Can I Go

I had the song in mind now. Something more upbeat. 

'Select - Guitar(Acoustic)' 'Play The Happy Fits - Moving' 'Start in 30 seconds.' 

"From you, too me,"

"I sense a little animosity,"

"So stay, away,"

"Or maybe, baby, maybe you should stay,"

"Though you make my heart beat faster, don't you make me mad,"

"Doctor called the undertaker, this one might be bad,"

"Will you love me all the time?"

"Please don't make your sweet goodbye,"

"Darling can't you see that I would be so sad, I would be so sad,"

"That would make me sad!"

"So please, come home,"

"I not-a not-a not-a am alone,"

"My heart and soul, were yours since I was 22 years old,"

"Though you make my heart beat faster, don't you make me mad,"

"Doctor called the undertaker, this one might be bad!"

"Will you love me all the time?"

"Please don't make your sweet goodbye,"

"Darling can't you see that I would be so sad, I would be so sad,"

"That would make me sad!"

 

"Darling your moving, baby please don't go, remember when I was falling in love-o,"

"And you could just stay here, staying the days here, watching the sunset, over the new year,"

"Darling your moving,"

"Darling your moving,"

"Darling your moooooovinnng,"

 

"Darling your moving, baby please don't go, remember when I was a falling in love-o,"

"And you can just stay here, staying the days here, watching the sunset, over the new year,"

"Darling your moving, Darling your moving, Darling your Mooooovinng,"

"Oooooooooooooh,"

"Oooooooooooooh,"

"Oh."

 

I finish singing and there was more applause and their seemed to be an even bigger crowd around me, and I had unknowingly stepped onto the ledge of the fountain when I was singing. I got another achievement through my system, and I indeed had attracted more of a crowd. 


Achievement Unlocked! Impress a crowd of over 50 people. 2 instruments unlocked

  • Violin
  • Drums

I left the crowd with a heavy coin bag and made my way back to the inn, tired from playing. As soon as my head hit the pillow I instantly fell into a deep sleep. 

0