Chapter 4- Target
374 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4- Target

 

The fear spread to Elise entirely that halted her breathing. The man Samantha talking right now is no other than the villain in the early chapter of the novel. He’s a complete psycho! A nut dog who has a sadistic tendency. Elise is having goosebumps remembering the scenes from the book she read. Elise spend her time in the orphanage creating a plan and she admit that she’s taking her time but his appearance brought panicked to Elise, she needed to get her grief, it’s a real thing but her trembling never subsides

The target is harmless for now but she never knows where he will strike. Elise's mind quickly thinks of methods but her nervousness is getting in the way. She wanted to curse right and then she noticed Alicia, the protagonist who experienced the abuse. Elise carefully opens her memory. The author write how Zachary hates dumb children. He hated them to the bones that made Elise suffered while reading the book and almost got nightmare after the detailed torture of the children experience in his hands.

Elise is starting to Alicia in obvious, she can’t help to assume that if Molten see Alicia now things will get messy. Alicia can't be targeted by the psychopath this earlier. Elise planned to become a ghost and not to stand out same with Alicia. Alicia stop reading and turn her attention to Elise. She keeps staring to her that Alicia become conscious.

 

“What’s wrong Elise?”

 

Now that Elise noticed, she looks paler and her eyes are bewildered. She got worried and held her hands. It’s cold.

 

“I'm sorry Alicia but can you please help me to go to our room? I think it upset my stomach."

The other kids also turned to Elise and asked for her welfare. Elise isn’t feeling well and her teary eyes look more pitiful.

“I will take care of Elise and also excuse myself beside the director. We can just come back tomorrow.”

"Well, I'm also bored so let's just go." other kids suggested too.

 

After they go out of the room Elise sighs in relief. They made a note saying they will go out and put it at the bedside cabinet. Samantha will see it later, they apologize for going first and just said that they will be back tomorrow to continue the lesson.

The reason why Elise is calmer now is because Molten didn’t meet the kids, especially Alicia and the supposed tea ceremony lesson wasn’t in the original novel to begin with. That's why it was fine now that it didn’t happen. It is nerve wracking but Elise manages to have her mini escape from the villain.

Now that she thinks of it. Molten is sweet and that is the reason why he can easily get the children. An effective but disgusting trick.

After the simple commotion that caused by Elise they are finally in their room. After washing they go to the hall to eat dinner. Nothing happened after that because Molten is nowhere to be seen and Elise is not tense anymore.

"Elise, are you really okay?" Samantha, who is just informed by Elise's upset stomach, is worried. 

"Yes, Ms. Samantha. I'm okay, my friends help me to get better." Elise replied.

Samantha thought that Elise was just being tough but didn't say anything after. She is more concerned by the Duke who visited earlier. The Duke appeared to be a kind hearted person but Samantha's intuition says that there's something wrong in his actions. Nobles men tend to become more arrogant but the Duke has different vibes. She can’t figure it out but something like a warm energy surrounded her for a moment and the dizziness she felt while talking to the Duke subsided. Then she turned sharp like someone is obviously giving her a lethal warning. It is heavy that she has a little goosebumps. To Samantha’s perspective, the Duke did not sense any of it but she was thankful to that because it made her think clearly not be swayed by the Duke sweets words.

 --

After dinner Elise goes to her bed wearing her loose pajamas. The kids are now sleeping with her roommates except for Alicia who is still reading. She can read the title “The Divine Power of the Saint”. Alicia is so focused on her reading that she doesn't know Elise is looking at her.

"Hmm" Elise is enchanted by the sight. These are the exact scenes she read in the book.

Alicia who is engrossed in reading the book “The Divine Power of the Saint” and feels a familiar warm energy every time she's reading a similar book. It made her relax for some time now.

 

Elise witnessing the scene from the book “The Lazy Lucky Princess” is amaze. She wanted to clap her hands and shout like a mad girl, it feels like she's reading a manhwa but in the live version. Elise yawns and proceeds to sleep.

--

Early in the morning the daily schedule began. Kids who are attending their lessons diligently are now in their classrooms. Those who are scheduled for work went to work and just like today Elise is scheduled to go to the capital to buy some supplies and an errand ordered by the director with Martha and Alicia. This is an ordinary day that happens that Elise didn't read from the book. The author of “The Lazy Lucky Princess” starts her novel in the capital later after Alicia becomes the Saint.

Elise has straight short brown hair just like her eyes, a color of light hazel brown eyes. She really didn't care though. Alicia Who is blonde and has lighter eye color, is ten times more attractive. Elise really likes to compliment the protagonist. She feels like Alicia is an idol and her bias.

After wearing loose pants and white long sleeve Elise is ready to go. She ponytails her short hair and wears a cap. If you look at Elise, you have the thought of her as a boy. Elise is small and thinner unlike Alicia who is beautiful with her fair skin and lovely face. Alicia wears their uniform with pretty white shoes. Beth and Sarah are more than willing to touch Alicia's soft long hair. They help Alicia sometimes in taking care of her hair but Elise refused it to be done to her. They are worried about Elise looking like a homeless person but they didn't bother to oppose her in the end.

Martha, who has long blue wavy hair with a darker skin color wears a pretty mint dress. Her shoes are pretty too and have lots of accessories. She clearly looks like a noble lady. Elise thinks that maybe Martha is from the noble family before coming to the orphanage. She is fifteen years of age and after five months she will be an adult. Elise wonders if there is the coming of age ceremony like she always read in the novel from her real world.

"Elise is really like a homeless child." With a sigh Martha looked disgusted at Elise fashion.

"Ms. Martha, Elise is comfortable in those clothes so I think it’s okay."

Alicia said looking innocent in front of Martha.

"Ehem" Martha didn't reply after her bad remark.

Elise who is now in the carriage didn't mind the side comment of Martha. In her world she is originally not a fan of dresses. She mostly wears pajamas and pants because it's comfortable and her favorite is t-shirts and hoodies. She honestly missed it.

Elise thought that Alicia ignored her choice and didn't bother about her but the Saint is a Saint indeed. She takes care of Elise and respects her choice. Thank God Alicia is a good person. She observes her likes too, there are times that she knows her favorite food and the books she read. Though Elise knows mostly about Alicia from the book she read, she didn't expect her to be thoughtful.

The carriage is finally moving. Elise witnessed the long road and the pile of trees. This world is beautiful She thought.

Elise wishes that she can save lives and the tragedy won't happen. She wanted to try to live in this world peacefully but she also knows that she didn't belong here and that she's an outsider. Eventually everything will fall in the right place.

 

If that happens Elise hopes that there is no more blood that is taken.

15