Chapter 17- Spirit Guardian
200 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17- Spirit Guardian

 

“Hi Elise.”

 

A black creature in the form of a cat appeared before them. Elise in that moment was startled by the sudden appearance of the guardian. She didn’t even notice that Rj was already beside her gripping her wrist tightly.

 

“Elise. Get back!”

 

Rj shouted and forcefully dragged her behind him. She saw Rio getting ready to cast a spell but Elise did her best to speak loudly, stopping them.

 

“No. Calm down, he’s the guardian of this mountain.”

 

Elise stares at the black cat creature lazily looking at them.

 

“I am God. What insolence are you talking about?”

 

The black creature speaks arrogantly looking down at them. Elise knows him as the guardian of this mountain because the author in the book said that a spirit guardian that helped Alicia to find the way to treasure but she never expected a guardian with a body of cat but looks like a pig.

 

 

“Hey! Hey! Hey! I heard you calling me a pig!”

 

 

“eh?”

 

“My name is Bwi the god of this land. Nice to finally meet you, unusual soul.”

 

Elise heard a voice inside her head. Bwi talked to her using spiritual magic. It was Elise's first time hearing a direct voice in her head like a telepathy.

 

“W-what d-do you mean unusual soul?”

 

“I mean your soul has a weird aura… you do magic unusual soul?”

 

 

“Hey! My name is Elise! And no! I'm an ordinary human.”

 

 

“Hmm, that’s unusual but stop frowning and form a contract with me.”

 

 

“Why would I?”

Elise was taken aback by the sudden proposal.

 

“Because I can guide you to that place. That’s how great I am!”

 

Elise looks at the black cat floating in the air. His yellow golden eyes directly started in her eyes.

 

The thing about the spirit guardian that Elise learned from the book was they can make a contract to a vessel. It’s rare for an ordinary human unless they form a bond to a spirit. Only the chosen one can achieve it. Elise was confused after receiving an offer. She has no magic besides nothing really special about her. Is it really okay to accept it? It seems dangerous but Elise thinks of the benefit, this thing can protect her from danger also she has no choice right now because they badly need to find the cave.

 

"Okay I will accept your offer."

 

"As expected to the unusual soul."

 

Bright light appears in a golden bubble then a warm light surrounds Elise. Her fatigue subsided and she felt lighter now. A small mark crescent shape appeared in Elise's wrist. It was like a tattoo and too tiny to notice.

 

"Pi-"

 

"Bwi! call me Bwi!"

 

Bwi suddenly appeared near Elise's face saying its name several times, his round golden eyes clearly reflecting her. Elise remembered her cat from home she owned when Elise was a kid. Bwi looks like her cat but his face looks like a piggy.

 

"Okay fine. I will call you now Bwi, but first guide us to the cave. I need to find mana stones and peony flowers."

 

"I know that much information from my mistress."

 

"Then that made our lives easier."

 

"By the way, can you do something about those two looking at me? Is this their first time seeing a God?"

 

"Correction. You're a guardian."

 

"No! What blasphemy are you saying? I'm the god!"

 

"If you’re the god then I'm probably ready to kill you now!"

 

"Why?!!!!!!!"

 

Elise rolled her eyes after seeing a cat having an exaggerated gesture. It feels like seeing an anime character live! But she really can't get used to weird things in this world. Bwi is acting miserable now and Elise tried to control herself not to strangle him.

 

“Elise, Is that cat really the legendary guardian of Yaven Mountain?”

 

Rio asked her bewildered. It was his first time seeing a spirit guardian.

“I am the god you are insolent!”

 

“Bwi. Be polite to Sir Rio.”

 

Elise can’t figure out how to explain everything to Sir Rj and Sir Rio, that she secretly formed a contract with him. She was nervous and just agreed on the spot because Bwi told her that he will help them to find the cave and the peony flower.

 

Elise's plan is to get the mining cave of mana stones and start a business with Peru guild. It will be popular to sell especially to the magicians. But Elise's main product was to make crafts installed in magic so that she can give it to ordinary people- to Samantha Forbe. The attempted assassination to Samantha is near and Elise needs protection magic for her.

 

Peru guild have lots of connections and it will help Elise handling the business. She knows that Rj has a genius magician best friend and that person is the key in making crafts. But that person has a personality. Elise wondered if he was willing to help her. She also needs to explain to Rj about her plans and that Berry is in danger because of Duke Molten. Berry is one of the strongest magicians in the future. She has a lot of mana in her body that she can use magic spells like higher magicians. Elise is sure that if Duke Molten knows it He would try to kidnap Berry.

 

According to the story timeline, Duke Molten is planning the assassination of Samantha Forbe in winter then Alicia after she become an official saint and an evil plan because of his weird obsession with children. Elise had an idea but she did not want to acknowledge it for now.

 

In the original story, Duke Molten was an early chapter villain but the author never stated that he would stop after getting defeated once. Come to think of it, the story has so many loopholes and the events now are getting messier because of her. Elise isn’t sure about the future. Bwi forming a contract with her is the major change but Elise was an extra character she won’t be the reason for sudden events….

 

Alicia never forms a contract with anybody and also the book stated that the guardian of the Yaven mountain can’t leave the place that’s why the treasures Alicia and Rj discovered remain protected. Elise after realizing it becomes paler… Did she really mess up?

 

 

“Hey, why is your face getting paler?”

Rj is concern of Elise asked her welfare

 

“No, I'm fine.”

 

She looks at Bwi who is chilling licking his paw ignoring her.

 

 

“L-Let’s just go.”

 

Elise shakes her head and dismisses the potential dark future. She just needs to do what she can now and think of something if the time comes. Her concern now is the present. She needed Rj the Peru guild by her side and the first thing to do is to make them trust her. Elise is also not sure if the spirit guardian would help her but at least for now something will protect her from danger and she can move more freely unless Bwi was forbidden to leave this place.

 

 

“Excuse me. I can leave this place.” Bwi said interrupting Elise thoughts

 

“what?!” Elise exclaimed shocked

 

 

“I can hear your thoughts, unusual soul.”  Bwi grin to Elise looking ridiculous.

 

“You should've told me that in the first place!”

 

 

“I told you I’m god.”

 

“your nonsense again.”

 

 

“You! unusual soul!”

 

 

“Let’s go now! I have no time for you complaining.”

 

“Where?!”

 

“Geez. You piggy, at the cave!”

 

 

Elise massages her head. Why are they even fighting inside her head? She looks stressed now that Rj frowns after watching her frequently changing her expressions. She wondered if she could deal with this spirit guardian for more days.

 

“Bling!”

END OF CHAPTER 17…

8