Chapter 20- Nero
213 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20- Nero

 

The first time Nero heard about the appearance of a new saint was from his mother. She said that her dreams were composed of light and an image of a girl. Well, In Nero’s point of view the new saint isn’t a big deal because the empire has the power to rule.

 

After his aid told him about the missing children incident, he initiated the operation. Nero got the emperor's approval and he quickly investigated the noble children.

 

Upon investigating, the emperor sends him an order to protect Alicia Forbe. The foster daughter of Duchess Samantha Forbe. She’s an orphan and a former noble from the countryside but what Nero made curious about her was her divine power. She is the new saint.

 

After the emperor and empress confirmed her power, they offered her the position of the saint but weirdly enough the girl refused it.  She joined the investigation of missing children after the deal with the emperor. Nero understood it well because he heard that one of the missing children was her friend. Surprisingly enough, Alicia was very intelligent that her participation helps to find the culprit faster than his prediction.

 

 

They found the children easily after freeing Dilon where he wanted to kill but control himself. It was a tragedy when he ordered his men to clean the dungeon. Many corpses were found and mostly were little kids. Nero was disgusted and angry but he suppressed his emotions and prepared for the proper burial.

 

 

The traces of forbidden magic were found at the scene and as Nero analyzes the spell the darker it becomes. The ancient spell called Neshama means soul. Where human souls were needed in offering for the caster not to die while using greater magic. It was forbidden to use because of human sacrifices.  Nero gritted his teeth in the information he absorbed just now. Dilon died because he couldn't let the man live after performing blasphemy in the empire but they lost the lead. They have to find the mastermind of this while he still needs to gather information about the real reason for Neshama ancient magic.

 

 

Nero, despite his busy schedule, had to keep attending to Alicia and they went to the capital to tour her friend Elise. The commoner girl he was curious about. The first time he meets her is when she’s vomiting blood and can’t be healed by divine power. Nero becomes suspicious of her but eventually realizes that Alicia uses a huge amount of divine power that time. He was clearly aware that Alicia can only use limited divine power because it takes a toll in her body that makes her weak.

 

 

Elise has long brown hair. Her eyes are darker brown and have pale skin. Nero can’t figure out her and he can’t sense mana into her but once he tried to use his magic on her but surprisingly, she won’t be affected, a mystery indeed. After the conversation with her wanting to go to the academy Nero coldly rejected her because He won’t be around for days because the emperor ordered him to come to the palace. He needed to work and report to his highness.

 

 

Nero got an order to investigate the Yaven mountain because of the mercenary missing rumors.  Carson was with him and Alicia. The emperor made sure that it was a secret mission. They killed monsters in a process while staying for days and on their last day. They spotted Peru guild members Rj Grimald and Rio Aguztine then a black cat and an unconscious girl he was familiar with.

 

--

 

 

Rj and Rio were anxious while waiting for Elise. Bwi told them that only Elise can enter the spirit garden for peony flowers. It has already been seven hours since they left and Rj can’t help but to be worried and at the same time feel frustrated that he can’t be helped by Elise. After some minutes Bwi and Elise appear in front of them. Rj started to feel nervous.

 

 

“Sir Rj! Sir Rio!”

 

 

They heard Elise's small voice calling their names. Her complexion was not good and her eyes were red and had traces of tears. She was paler than usual and Rj became more worried. Then Elise collapses while in her hand is holding a peony flower portion that she collected preciously and held with care. Rj almost showed his emotions when he learned it and collected himself and listened to Bwi’s instruction to go out of the cave.

 

 

Rj carefully lifted Elise and they quickly went out of the cave. Bwi instructs Rj to go to the falls. The falls below the hill. It was a magical fall because the mountain spirit can give the power of healing. The legend said they were fairies or spirits from the mountain who helped lost people.

 

 

“Elise?”

 

Alicia’s round eyes become bigger after spotting Elise's unconscious body. She worriedly kneels and is about to heal Elise but Bwi stops her.

 

Rj put Elise in a white cloth they used as a blanket and realized that there were other people aside from them in the place.

 

 

“Your Grace?”

 

Rj bow respectfully after seeing Nero and Carson walking to them with a blonde girl he didn’t recognize.

 

“What happened to her?”

Alicia aggressively asked them and ignored the black cat who stopped her earlier.

 

 

“She’s just tired and needs some rest.”

Bwi answered Alicia straightforwardly.

 

 

“You are bad for her health now so don’t come near Elise.”

Bwi seriously told Alicia that his round golden eyes are visible to everyone.

 

 

Nero is quiet and just stares at the black cat.

 

“W-who?”

Alicia was confused and started to Rj and Rio who were staying quiet.

 

 

“He is a spirit guardian Alicia.”

Nero told her

 

 

“S-spirit guardian you mean?”

 

 

“They formed a contract based on the mana I see in her.”

 

 

“We’re here to find the-“

Rj is about to explain but pauses after sensing something.

 

 

“Your Grace…”

Carson calling for Nero.

 

 

“We have unwanted visitors.”

Rio’s eyes change from being gentle to serious. There were twenty people surrounding them and looking from it, they must be assassins.

 

 

Carson quickly cast a spell to protect them from the attack.

 

 

“Protect the girl Carson.”

Nero after glancing at Elise.

 

 

Carson quickly went to Elise and cast a spell. A blue light appears and forms a barrier that serves as a shield from the attacks.

 

Rj and Rio start to fight the attackers, killing them while Alicia is with Nero.

 

 

Bwi’s eyes become golden yellow while watching Nero fighting.

 

 

Nero after killing an assassin went to Alicia to check if she was in her limit using divine power. But Alicia’s face was serious and distraught affecting her fighting.

 

 

“Killed the blonde!”

 

After shouting at the leader the more assassins went for Alicia and almost lost her composure remembering Bwi’s remarks.

 

 

 

“Alicia! Get yourself together! You are the target!”

Nero shouted and block the bomb like spell for Alicia

 

 

 

“I-Im sorry.”

 

 

 

Alicia closed her eyes and concentrated but she was worried for Elise that she can’t help but to think of her welfare affecting her control in power.

 

“Damn it!” Nero cursed 

 

 

“I never really wanted to use my power for these small prey but I have no choice.”

Nero eyes changes

 

 

The blue light Nero uses changes into white and golden. A bubble popped out and formed in the air. The assassins tremble in fear with the great mana surrounding Nero.

 

 

 

Nero’s hair changes to Gold and his gray eyes change to jewel ruby color.

 

 

The assassin's body can’t handle the aura from Nero, some of them collapse and some kneel before him trembling…

 

 

“Y-your Highness….”

 

 

Nero ruthlessly beheading the leader of the assassin.

 

Alicia and Rio were shocked after witnessing Nero’s action.

 

 

Nero killed the attackers then looked down to the small golden eyes watching him..

 

END OF CHAPTER 20…

8