Chapter 23.2
130 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23.2

Alicia's golden eyes meet another pair of big round yellow eyes. 

"Hi! I'm Rin." he said and slightly tilted his head to see the people lying on the ground. 

Nero looks at the spirit guardian that appears in front of him. The cat is color white and has yellowish eyes. It smiles at them making him feel at ease. 

"Hmm, You must be Alicia." He said again then smiled widely. 

"Hi. I'm Alicia Forbe." she said in a small voice. 

"I'm Nero." he said in a plain voice. 

"I'm Elise's friend." Rin told them. 

"I will use my power to heal everyone but it will be hard for Elise. I need your help, Alicia." Rin said after a moment and stopped smiling rather than becoming serious. 

"He is cute." Alicia thinks while checking out the white cat. 

"You flatter me, my lady." Rin answers then chuckle at Alicia. She flushed thinking that she just disrespected the spirit guardian. 

The white light gleams on the cat's body then slowly, the wounds and the pain that Nero felt are healing quickly. 

Nero feels the relief of being healed. His body becomes light. Alicia experiences warmth after the low heat on her body. It's not painful anymore, she can lift her arm and the familiar tickling feelings she rejoices while checking her power. 

"Thank you, sir Rin." Alicia mumbled after a minute. 

"Now, Let's save Elise." He said after, his eyes changed to a serious one line. It was scary but Alicia is determined. 

--

The white light keeps appearing in her surroundings. It was like a spotlight changing its location for seconds. Elise blinks more times than a tear falls on her cheek. 

"A-Alicia..." Elise speaks her name. 

"Elise! Elise! Oh my god!" Alicia comes to Elise then hugs her. 

Deja vu... She already saw this scene. The man that looks like a fox is staring at her seriously and sending shuddering chills to her. It was a mind-blowing chill. 

"I-I'm sorry." Alicia said while hugging Elise. 

The white light disappears... The golden bubbles appear shining to Elise's surroundings bringing a warm feeling to her heart. She felt the joy and the fear were gone.

"Wake up..." A white cat appears in front of her. 

"Who..." 

"Wake up now, My lady." Rin said, his eyes are brighter gold. 

"R-Rin?" Elise mumbled. 

The red aura cracks like glass and slowly the pieces are falling... disappearing into the air. 

"I'm here to help you. Why didn't you-" Rin said then tears fell on his eyes. 

"Why are they always, always..." He stopped talking then extended his paw to Elise. 

"My Lord, Welcome back." He whispered in a very small voice that never reached Elise's ears. 

--

Alicia flinched and her consciousness came back. She trembles and looks for Elise in an instant. 

It was a small moment but she saw Elise being whipped. Tears fell on her eyes. She saw the other children being chained and the blood was all over the place. Her heart broke into pieces. 

The corpse face of Elise changes. She was still pale but it was better now than before. Later, Alicia cried and the solemn silence of the place describes the breeze coming from the wind touching their skin. The sound of the river flowing added to it and the ray of sunlight made the Saint sparkling beautifully. 

Alicia cried her heart out. Hugging the thin pale person with her eyes closed. She never thought that Elise experienced such terror.

She appeared to be a tough and serious kid but she never really saw her pain. Alicia wondered if she would be able to help Elise despite the smile she gave to her. Alicia's heart goes to the child she adores so much like a family. 

--

The spirit guardian vanished after making sure that they were all fine. Rj gains his consciousness and his memories of before are all gone. He doesn't remember what happened after he fell asleep. 

The sunny morning touches their skin. The heat made Nero cast a spell to prevent them from being too exposed. Though the heat was good, Elise appeared to have the flu. The spirit guardian, Ren, said that it was normal since her body isn't used to magic. But it will go away for a few days. Just proper care then Elise will be fine. 

Carson and Rio are both dizzy. Rio went for Elise to check her condition. He wanted to use his magic to heal her but Nero stopped him explaining what happened. Rio lifts Elise after covering her with a blanket. She's sick, that's why they need to find a place that won't endanger her condition. 

Carson doesn't remember anything aside from the moment he followed the command of Nero. He's dizzy but manages to help the crew.

Rj made a tent again but he cast a spell for the ventilation for a sick person. He is worried for Elise and wants to give her a comfortable stay. 

They become busy. Carson wants Nero to come back to the palace but their mission isn't done yet. They still don't know why some mercenaries went missing on this mountain. They need to investigate throughout and find the cause then report it to the emperor. 

Nero decided to stay for more days. He needs to make sure that Elise is okay. But prolonging it will also get them for potential attackers. 

"Carson." Nero speaks his name. 

"Tell the palace that we need to close the boundary of Yaven mountain. No one can enter. Under the imperial command, drive away from everything that will sneak out. For further investigation, We will stay in this place for more days." 

"Yes, Your Highness." Carson gets his command and quickly goes. 

Nero narrowed his eyes. As long as he has the guards to take care of the boundary, he will surely finish his mission. There are a lot of things he needs answers to. And everytime the situation calls for it. This commoner girl was always the reason for it. Something about her getting involved in the situation. It's getting annoying but Nero thinking of the happenings made his fox eyes appear more prominent. 

He made a decision. They won't exit this place until the investigation is done. He mumbled to himself. 

He surveyed the area after receiving Carson news. They made preparations. He is ready. Tomorrow, He will do his mission. 

6