Chapter 16: Adventurer Guild
194 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the horse it didn’t take long to get to Armado. Before we arrived, I made us some weapons that suit low ranking adventurer. For myself I made a Magician Stuff out of wood with a crystal at the top because I will act like a magician and healer. Because my body is so small the stuff is almost bigger than me. For proma I made a European like longsword that seems to be normal for the kingdoms around here. It is made out of normal metal. Before people could see us, I stored the horses inside my Dimensional Domain.

We didn’t have any ID cards so they had to check us so we could get in the city. They used the Appraisal Stone to check if we have any bad titles like bandit and other stuff. For a moment I was really worried that they could find out that we aren’t human, but it seems that the appraisal stone can’t get pass my Status Info Alteration skill. It seems it is a really rare skill because skills like that are almost impossible to acquire. I have the point system so for me skills like that are pretty easy to acquire as long as I have acquiring points, but I should probably not tell that to others.

After we went into the city. The first thing we will do is to get an ID card at the guild. There are different types of ID cards. The easiest to acquire is the adventurer’s guild ID card. You just need to register in the guild. The other ways are either another guild – like the merchant guild –, being in a great company or being a noble. And we will use the easiest way: the adventurers guild.

We walked down the road from the gate. It didn’t take long till we got to the adventurer’s guild. It was a building with two floors and a pointed roof1. As we walked to the counter some of the Adventurers sitting by the tables looked at us, the newbies… At the counter was a female receptionist. She was about 160 cm high, had black hair and slightly brown skin.

<<Hello I am Leina, the receptionist. Do you want to register in the guild?>> (Receptionist/Leina)
<<Yes, my brother and I want to register as adventurers>> (Proma)
I told him to act like we are siblings because that way it is easier to explain why we are traveling together.
<<Okay than we use appraisal to make you IDs and make a test of what you can do. Please come with me to the back.>> (Leina)
<<Okay.>> (Proma)
Because my act is… more than bad when I talk, I tried to play the timid child. We walked into a room with an Appraisal Stone. I used it and it showed the skills appraisal (low), healing magic (middle), light magic (low) wind magic (low), water magic and earth magic (low) and the titles little brother, healer and mage and of course my species was human. I got the appraisal skill while checking plants in the Dasos forest. The age was set to 14 years and my level was set to 45.
<<My… for your age you are quite good… and so many types of magic… You have a bright future if you train good. Now you.>> (leina)
She pointed to proma.
<<Yes.>> (Proma)
By proma there were the skills swordsmanship (high), hand to hand combat (middle), spear fighting1 (low) and fire magic (low) and the titles big brother, swordsman, melee fighter, spear wielder and mage. The age was set to 17 and his level was 80.
<<Oh you are younger than I thought… And you are also pretty strong for your age from what I can see. Well now let’s go to the practical test. We will have you two fight against one of our high-ranking adventurers. Of course, it is just a mock battle, and the adventurer can hold back so you don’t have to worry.>>
<<That’s a relief… Let’s go kreon. I will handle the fighting while you support me.>> (proma)
<<Okay…>> (Kreon)
We walked out to a courtyard. It was quite spacious. There was one big and intimidating looking guy sitting on a stool at one end of the courtyard. It is probably to scare away people that aren’t determined to be an adventurer. For the time being so we won’t stand out to much proma will take the main role in fighting I will support him. Of course, this is also so that he will level up more.
<<This is Mastis. He will be your opponent.>> (Leina)
<<Hello. You are the newcomers? A kid and his brother… Well let’s see what you got.>> (Mastis)
<<I hope we won’t disappoint you.>> (Proma)
<<You two don’t have to beat Mastis. It is enough if I can see your compatibility.>> (Leina)
<<Roger that.>> (Proma)
<<Well then begin!>> (Leina)
<<Yes!>> (Proma)
<<Okay.>> (Mastis)
<<Y-Yes…>> (Kreon)
Proma sprinted forward with his longsword. The big guy took out his big broadsword and also walked forward. I Jumped left so I can aim without proma getting in the way. I used earth magic to change the floor so that Mastis would stumble. Sadly, he noticed in time and just got slower. So, I used water and earth magic to slow him down further. Because of that when Proma attacked at first Mastis could only defend. After some time i pretended that my MP were near zero and that I was exhausted. Proma also acted exhausted a few minutes after me so we ended the mock battle there.
<<And… Stop. Proma and Kreon Congratulations you both passed. You are now F rank adventurers.>> (Leina)
<<That’s great!>>
<<You fought well! If both of you had more stamina, I don’t think I could have won while holding back.>> (Mastis)
<<Thank you for the praise but we still got much to learn.>> (Proma)
<<Proma, Kreon come back to the counter so that I can give you your guild cards. You can level up with finishing quests and selling materials. Quests let you level up faster.>>
<<Okay.>>
<<Oh and before I forget, you can take quests in one town with a guild, finish that quests, go to another town with a guild confirm the finishing oft that quest there. You can also bring some quests to other guilds, these are marked but most quest are only available within one guild.>> (Leina)
<<Thanks for the info. Now let’s go with leina, kreon.>> (Proma)
<<Yes…>>
Man is it annoying to keep acting like a timid kid. But well, I have to be a kid so I can easier enrol in the academy when we get to the capital. When we got to the counter, we got two white F rank cards. She told us the rules and some infos about being an adventurer. The only thing I didn’t know is that there Is one rank above S rank the SS or white gold rank, but it is really rare that anyone gets to that rank. After that proma and me took our first 2 quests. The first quest is about to go to a nearby forest – not the Dasos forest – and gather some materials the second is to go to the same forest – that is why we took both – and kill some horned rabbits and bring them back. It seems that even so Horned rabbits are weak in combat they are fast. And because they taste good you get good money out of it for a F rank quest.

We walked out of the gate we came through at the beginning and then walked right instead of left where the Dasos forest is. As soon as there were no people nearby, I took out the horses so we had more time in the forest so that I can look around in the forest if there is anything else and bring some of the harmless monsters/animals and some plants inside my Dimensional Domain.

After we arrived at the forest, we first hunted the 8 horned rabbits and got the herbs we were supposed to get. After that we wandered around in the forest and got some harmless animals and monster and some plants I didn’t have in my Dimensional Domain like herbs and stuff. Because my Dimensional Domain is full of mana – because I always let my mana flow inside so that the plants and other things can absorb it – their quality will rise. That I fill my Dimensional Domain with mana has even more benefits. The more mana I put in the stronger the density will get. Of course, over time the mana will vanish if it isn’t absorbed by things but because I put more mana in than vanishes the density will rise and with time because the mana density will be high enough the area will get “special perks”. Those special perks can be increased MP recovery or HP recovery, the speed of learning magic increased, or the use of magic can be easier in the domain just to name a few.

We got everything we wanted so we went back to the guild to hand over the things we got for the quests.

To be continued in chapter 17…

Hey there people reading this! I finished this chapter fast but I can’t promise the next one to be as fast as this one. Like always feel free to leave a comment and join my Discord if you want to talk a bit!

4