Chapter 21: Back to Dasos Forest
88 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kreon POV

When we came back, I was told to put the stuff I farmed on the backyard while they discuss about the mission. They took really long so in the time they were discussing I started building sculptures out of the defeated monsters. I used ice magic to fixate the bodies so they would stick together. In the time they came I already made a big statue that resembled a dragon out of the corpses. They were all stunned for a moment. Then the receptionist – I could call her Guild Manager at this point – came to me and told me that I passed with ease and could soon get to A rank while the others inspected my statue.

<<Hey! We are here for Official Business!>> said the receptionist clearly annoyed at the fact that they got so easily distracted.

<<Oh… Right…>> said the adventurer that accompanied me to the quest while slowly turning away from the corpse-statue. The others did the same.

He came over to me.

<<Congratulations on becoming a bronze rank…>> said the A rank.

<<Thanks.>> I replied

<<Anyways how did you make this statue?>> he said this time eagerly.

<<Hey!>> the receptionist almost yelled

<<Oh that. You see I used ice magic to fixate the parts and…>> I explained while wandering of with the A rank ignoring the receptionist.

After I finished talking to the A rank I took a quest and left. But I don’t really plan on doing that quest. Like I said, I degrounded Nitos. And because he fulfilled the task I gave him splendidly, I will now switch with him and go to the Dasos Forest to inspect the part of that forest that is full of fog.

I got myself a horse and rode it till I was out of sight from people. I got down from the horse. I didn’t need to call for Nitos, because since I told him that he can use the body soon he flew around me excitedly all the time.

<Here Nitos, you can use the body. But please keep in mind to not do anything too suspicious>
<Of course! You know me!>
<That’s why I am worried… Anyways have fun>
<Okay!>

After he possessed the body and the link stabilized I went to the Dasos Forest. Of course I didn’t fly all the way there. That would be way too time consuming. I used my favourite shortcut: My Domain! It didn’t take me longer than a minute to get there.

From the point I teleported to – aka the mansion – It would take about 2 hours to get to the fog part. But that is only if you would walk through the woods where you have to be careful about every step you make and be anxious that some monster comes at you from nowhere. I of course don’t have to worry about that. When I am flying I can just fly over the trees. And my fly speed is way faster than walking and even if I couldn’t fly over the trees I am a ghost I can just fly through them. In other words, I was there in about 10 minutes

I landed before the fog. Well at least I tried and then I remembered that I don’t have a physically body at the moment and I can’t really touch the floor. Well that isn’t really a problem I can explore it in this form.

At the beginning the fog was thick but not extreme the further I flew in though the thicker it got. Soon I could only see a few meters in front of me but I was still not near the middle of this place. I decided that it won’t work like this. After thinking for a while I thought: ‘There must be some skills that work in this kind of situation’

But right when I thought about that I noticed that I didn’t look at my status for quite some time because I didn’t have to. Well I need to know how many acquiring points I have anyway so let’s check my status after quite sometime

Menu

Name: Kreon
Species: Ghost (Human ghost)
Level: 510
Status: Possesing a Homunculus
Jobs: None
Titles: Ghost, Undead, Otherworldler, Free Ghost, undead killer, sorcerer, Monster slaughterer, swordman, weapon creator, spirit weapon creator, homunculi creator, master of parma, Wyvern Slayer, Wyvern Slaughterer, Wolf Slaughter, Space User, Creator of a Dimensional Domain,

Health points (HP): 15700/15700
Stamina points (SP): 15900/15900
Mana points (MP): 24300/24300
HP Regeneration: 785 per minute
SP Regeneration: 795 per minute
MP Regeneration: 1215 per minute
Strength: 1341
Vitality: 1570
Agility: 1590
Mana: 2430
Mental power: 1857
Attributes: Earth (max), Fire (max), Water (max), Wind (max), Darkness (max), Light (max), Heal (max), Indefinite (?, all)

 

 

Skills:

Stolen skills:
Bodyarmor (super high), Spiderthread, Leader (superhigh), Howling (superhigh), telepathy(superhigh), forming, complete body control, air cut (superhigh), Poison breath (superhigh), Poison fangs (superhigh), Poisonous (superhigh), poison resistance (superhigh),Poison creation, bodyfluid control (superhigh), Wyverns Fire breath (Superhigh), Wyverns Frost breath (Superhigh), Wyverns body armor (Superhigh), Body Temperature Control (Superhigh)
Normal Skills:
Earth magic (low), Fire magic (low), Water magic (low), Wind magic (low), Dark magic (low), Light magic (low), Healing magic (low), Space Magic (Middle)
Special skills:

Status Check (low), info Check (middle), telekinesis (middle), Dimensional Storage (Superhigh), Set Title, Status Info Alteration, clothe making(superhigh), Dimensional Domain
Normal Species skills:
Visibility control (invisible), Scaring (low), Influence objects (disabled), Possession (high), Ghosts Mental Attack (superhigh) Ghosts Mental Protection (superhigh), undead creation(superhigh), Night Vision
Special Species Skills:
Ghosts Mindreading(middle), Ghosts Mental Theft (Superhigh), Luck alteration, Ghosts Body Link, Ghosts Memory Collection(low),

Skill acquiring points: 565
Skill points: 445
Stat points: 820

 

Oh… my status changed… by a lot… Let’s see… I got new stolen skills only from the wyvern because I killed the others mostly with my sword. I also at least inflicted wounds on the wyverns with my swords. I got the “Space Magic” Skill because of the title “Space User”. The new Slaughterer Titles are exactly the same as Monster Slaughter just that they are Specific to the Monster like wyvern or wolf. And the effects stack. With other words if I fight wolf like monsters I get the effects from Monster Slaughterer and Wolf Slaughterer.

You get the title Creator of a Dimensional Domain if you create a Dimensional Domain on your own. The effects are that you get the Space User title and you have “special perks” in Dimensional Domain you created. For example MP cost is reduced.

It also seems I have levelled up quite a bit. With other words I won’t have any problems buying skills except for skills like Dimensional Domain.

So now that I checked my status let’s look for a few skills I can use for this including illusion skill and or space distortion skill for later. Let’s see what we have here… fog sight… space expansion … mirage… fog creation… space reduction… illusion magic… fog control… space control…
(There are more skills related to these fields, but I am too lazy to write more)

I think the skills that I need for the time being are Fog sight, Fog Control, Fog Creation, Space control and Illusion magic because they include most of the abilities I found. In other words, they are more general. In total they cost 350 acquiring points. Space Control is with 200 points the most expensive of the four. Fog sight is with 5 the cheapest after that comes Fog Creation with 15 and Fog Control with 50 and after that Illusion Magic with 80 acquiring points.

I got them all to Super High but the fog skills only have the levels [low – middle – high – superhigh] while the other two have the levels [low – middle – advanced – high – superhigh] so in total I spend 51 skill points on this. I can now freely see in the fog if I activate Fog Sight, create and control fog in extreme amounts, create illusions and bend the space. I didn’t test everything yet but I think I can work with this.

After checking my status again, I noticed that I got a few more things. For one I got a few more titles:

[Illusionist]
There is a chance this title is given to people who have at least [Illusion magic (middle)]. The titleholder won’t get affected from [Illusions] easily. It will take at least the same level of Illusion as the [Illusion magic] skill that the titleholder has to affect them and to get the normal affect one level higher. It will also be easier for the title holder to learn Illusion magic. The Illusion Magic of the titleholder will get stronger by a factor of 2.

[Fog Wielder]
There is a chance this title is given to people who have either [Fog Creation] or [Fog Control]. The titleholder can learn fog related skills easier. The strength of the fog related skills the titleholder has will get stronger. Fog related skills will have less effect on the titleholder

 

Those titles are useful! This will make this stuff way easier.

My next step is to explore the area while having fog sight activated to look if there are any creatures and when there are what creatures. I will mostly look for intelligent beings. I will go in circles from the outer parts to the inner parts.

I didn’t find anything till I reached the inner parts. There were a few pillars standing in a circle and in the middle of it is a staircase that went underground. The Pillars, the floor and the staircase was made from a white material that looks similar to the fog. After coming nearer I saw that there were 8 pillars forming an Octagon each having a Crystal on top. The crystal wasn’t clear but foggy and I could see that the fog around here didn’t come from nowhere but from those crystals.

After thinking for a bit there were only two possibilities I could come up with. Either there was someone who had his home or something here and didn’t want anyone to come in or it is a labyrinth. Or how I am used to call it: a Dungeon

To be continued in chapter 22…

You know what? I habe no excuse for not updating for 3 weeks… again
Well anyway I hope you had fun reading if not than I am sorry and hope the next chapter will be to your liking. Anyways please leave a comment, I love reading them, and join my discord if you want to

3