Chapter 31: Becoming Adventurers
156 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘How did this happen?’ I asked no one in particular. I watched about 20 thugs on the ground, battered, burned, etc. and three people on top of them. Namely Falos, Ivys and Soma. After a bit of ‘interrogations’ it was clear that this was a small group of thugs that wanted to proof themselves and that thought that these three were children of nobles or something. Well they were wrong and still didn’t manage to defeat them. Of course I helped them a bit but not too much. They need experience. I just made sure that nothing lethal hit them.

They were still bruised up but it could’ve gone worse. If the thugs didn’t underestimate them at first they wouldn’t have gotten away so lightly. That’s why it is never a good idea to underestimate your opponent.

Well after the interrogation they hurried out of there since they didn’t want to explain why there were so many unconscious bodies around them. They soon returned to the inn since it was already late and all agreed that they shouldn’t run straight into an allay next time without checking if someone is in there beforehand.

They soon slept in and I took control of our body. I of course made a body double so they wouldn’t suspect something in the case one of them woke up in the night. I then continued to explore the city but different. Since it was already night almost no stores were open. My aim was to see the layout of the city and what different facilities were around here.

I mapped the city out and of course put some of the mayor locations in it like the inns or the shops we went to yesterday. It took some time to map everything even with the new skill I bought but it is worth it in the end. If I map different locations like this it will be easier to use space magic or similar things.

I managed to get back to the inn without anyone noticing and then let soma control the body again. After meeting up with Hartfried again he told us that it will take about 2 days till we can start to travel again. In the meantime, we will explore the vicinity.

Falos said that he wanted to try being an adventurer here, since his parents never allowed it since they wanted to train him personally, his mother more in knowledge and magic than the sword or any other weapon for that matter.

Soma and Ivys were against it first but since Falos was so persistent they gave in eventually. Falos sprinted and jumped the entire way to the guild out of excitement.

When we walked in a few worried gazes were sent in our direction. I heard in Armado that it often happens that children that lost there parents and have no where to go try to become adventurers. The adventurers often don’t know what is worse, when they get accepted as adventurers or when they are not. And adventurers often can’t spare a coin since they have to fight for a living so anything they don’t have to spend for food goes for new weapons, armor, potions and so on. Only few can afford to take care of children. That is why some of them try to at least train the children in there free time so they have better chance at survival. I did think about taking them in but ever since I didn’t really met them outside the city. It would’ve been a bit weird for people if I were to just walk up to kids ask them if they want to follow and then they just disappear.

But that is probably the reason many people look worried. Well, some have mischievous looks so they probably aren’t the best of fallows.

During my train of thought Falos already made one big jump to the receptionist’s counter. Soma and Ivys scurried behind in fear that he says stupid crap. “What do you three children want in the guild” the receptionist asked. “We want to become adventurers!” Falos said full of enthusiasm.

I took a deep breath took control of the body put my guild card on the table “He want’s to become an adventurer, I am already one and Ivys” I pointed to Ivys “Only wants to become an adventurer so Falos doesn’t do too many stupid things.”

The receptionist checked my card nodded and asked “What brings you to this city Soma?” I took a second and said “We three were accepted to the royal academy and we have to make a two days stop, so Falos had the ‘great’ idea to become an adventurer” the receptionist nodded “I understand, Falos and Ivys”, she looked at both of them “Please follow me. Soma, you can sit down here while you wait”

While the receptionist walked out with the a bit confused looking Ivys and Falos, I gave Soma control again and we set down on a table. Most of the adventurers look a bit less worried. Most of the adventurer guilds have a bar in the reception area, so I ordered a drink. I decided to wait with the food until the other two finished the registration. Like in most cities alcohol is also served to children. This has many reason but one of the main reason is that it many years ago it was ‘discovered’ that alcohol stops the spreading of diseases in water. From what I understand it was someone from my world with some knowledge on that topic.

It seems that in general the hygiene isn’t as bad in the dark age even so many things can be compared to that period in our world. While I was pondering about the differences and similarities of the two worlds Falos and Ivys came and sat down at the table with soma.

“H-Hey, you guys finished?” soma asked the two and they nodded at that. “We are both now F rank adventurers” Falos said excitedly while laying his new guild card on the table Ivys doing the same. Of course they had IDs before but there is a difference between the card for adventurers and normal people.

“So we are all F ranks now, huh?” Falos said a bit dreamy. “No…” soma said and Falos neaded a bit until his head snapped into the direction of Soma “What do you mean?” he asked slowly dreading the answer that was about to be given. “Well I-I am already Rank E, so…” but Falos fell him into his words “WHAT?! HOW COME!? How come you have a higher rank then me?! LET’S FIGHT!!” Falos competitive side was awaken in an instant.

When Falos was about to drag Soma out an adventurer from a nearby table stopped “Hey it may be true that the rank shows the strength but that isn’t the case for newbies like yourself. Everyone starts at white. Even the SS ranks. Well except the ones that got there rank after they got famous. But that’s of the point. Even if you beat him that won’t change the rank.”

After that Falos let go and Soma breathed a sigh of relief. “Huh, so I just need to do some requests, right?” Falos asked thinking a bit. “Yup, and even if his rank stays above yours for some time it will even out after some time, just don’t rush anything.” The adventurer answered. “By the way I am Leonard, or Leo for short. I am an A rank adventurer and if everything goes right then I’ll be a S rank adventurer next week.”

I looked at him. He had grey armor and two big swords on his back which at first glance don’t seem like swords you could wield at the same time. He had blond hair and a light beard. He had a scar on his face that went right next to his right eye just slightly missing it. “Nice to meet you, I am Falos, this wimp of a friend is Soma and the green haired girl is Ivys.” He made a sarcastic remark to Somas shy behaviour shook hands with Leo.

Leo is at least double the size of soma. I would say he is about 2.5 meters or about 8 foot tall but I was never good at guessing sizes so don’t take my word for it.

“So what’s your plan for now? With a party of three you can surely take on some enemies and since you managed to get into the Royal Academy, I don’t think you are bad. You see I myself was in that school back in my younger days.” Leo asked Falos.

“Well…” Falos thought for a bit. “I will first see what’s on the quest board?” Falos said but it was more of a question than a statement. “That sounds like a plan. See ya later then.” Leo said while patting Falos on the shoulder. Falos twitched a bit at the sudden contact and probably because Leo is a bit strong.

I sighed ‘Let’s see where this will go’ while I continued to watch everything play out in front of me.”

 

To be continued in chapter 32…

I came back from hell! And I am back from the dead! So after some time I was like "Yeah maybe I should do something productive" so I stood up and took my imaginary to-do list and read "Mmmh.... Working on a project... Doing shores... Oh writing my story! There was that. And it has been like almost a month since last time." 
So here I am. Hope you liked it. 

 

1