Prologue
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

31st December 1908...

Several violins can be heard playing a chorus. Of course, it's new year night and as the Whitechapel's grand hall has always been booked for everyone to celebrate it together the hall is full of people from the whole city.

"Let's go..." She whispered slightly and smiled as she looked at me.

Our arms are locked as we are moving through the grand lobby of the hall upon a red carpet. We are now standing just above the stairs which lead down to where the party is being held.

As we descend the stairs both of us look at the people there, not making it much obvious. Though we are finding him desperately we don't want him to know that we are looking for him.

"Mr Flynn, thanks for taking me with you today." She smiled once again.

Now we are standing in the centre of the hall and the people around us are dancing according to the rhythm, slowly...

"Pleasures all mine, Ms Lennon!" I kissed the back of her hand and pulled her closed as we started to dance with everyone along with the rhythm.

While we both danced our eyes never met, we both kept looking at each person, no one should be missed. He is here, and he has claimed it.

"Why do we believe him?" She asked as we kept searching and dancing.

"Cause we don't have any other option," I answered back

"And...What if he's not here?"

"He has to be..." 

She looked at me with suspicion,

"And may I ask why?" 

"Today everyone is with a partner here. No one is alone and so, he has no choice but to be here." 

"But don't you think being here is not much good for him?" She again started her hunt.

I looked at her, "Why?"

"Cause it's full of people, he might get noticed." She claimed.

Looking away from her I suggested, "And what if I say that he chose this place as it's full of people making him rendered from being noticed?..." 

1