Fake
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I frowned slightly at her. She was stunned for a second as she looked at the board behind me. The woman was of average height with dark brown hair bound together in a ponytail looking messy. Her dark circles could tell that she hadn't been sleeping for almost a week now and her dressing sense told me that she was new as a detective. 

But the question was why was she here.

"You gave him all of the information which I had collected?!" She yelled at the person behind her and I realised Winchester was also there.

He scratched his head and came forward,

"Ms Jessica, calm down. He is a professional detect-"

"Mr Winchester you can not kick me out of this case, I was the leading detective!" She yelled again.

"Sorry, Flynn I know it's distributed to you but...she wanted to meet you and I wasn't -"

"It's fine, Mr Winchester!" I interrupted and looked back at the woman.

"Can we...have a minute?" I asked confidently and she glared at me.

"I'll...take my leave now, at least someone is needed at the station." 

I nodded as I kept looking at her monotonously, Winchester had left the house closing the door slowly and quietly behind him.

She sighs and steps back,

"I give up!" She puts her hands up and I slightly frown, confused by her behaviour.

A moment ago her piercing gaze was ready to kill me and take this case, and now she is already backing up? 

"Now that they have given you the case, there's no need for me." She said and walked towards the door.

"Well...." I said, making her stop in her way.

she doesn't turn around...

"You've been studying this case for a week haven't you?" I asked and she turned around.

"You ran up here without thinking much when you heard that I was handed over the case, " She raised her eyebrows questioning me.

"Your messy ponytail can tell that..." And a sudden realisation made her nod slightly.

"But the question is...how could  you've been handling this case even before this murder took place." I walked towards her.

She stood confidently but there was an intensity in her gaze, she was trying hard to hide her fear, fear from my piercing gaze.

"Who said I've been handling this case for a week now?"

"You neither opposed the fact though." His words made her feel defeated.

"I need you," I claimed.

"Huh?" 

"You know much more about this case than me...I need you to work with me in this case. Together. As a team!" I was standing behind her.

She looked at the front and nodded slightly.

"What should I call you then?" 

"Mr Hebrew you may..."

                                        ~~~~

"Tell me what you know till now," We both were looking at my glass board now. 

"Honestly!" I added and she cleared her throat.

"So, the thing is...she had gone missing two weeks ago. Her family even reported her-"

"WHO? From her family?" 

She flinched at my sudden question.

"A man...her boyfriend."

"How can you be so sure that he was in a romantic relationship with her?" I questioned again

"This is what he said-"

"Wrong!" I yelled.

And she flinched again.

"Believing just facts, not the proves and you call yourself a...a DETECTIVE?!" 

"Maybe he was lying, maybe he was the murderer...have you seen him in the station since then, EVER?" She shook her head.

I scoffed ironically.

"How could y'all ignore a suspect so easily?..." 

I banged my fist against the board.

"Since the start, you've believed only the facts which have been thrown upon your face, " I shook her by grabbing her shoulder.

Her widened eyes could tell how scared she was at the moment.

"But you...you always give up by just scratching the surface." I walked away from her.

"What do you mean?" She asked following some steps. 

"She wasn't murdered a day ago, am I wrong?" I looked at her and she gulped.

"What you all are hiding from me, from-from everyone?!" 

"I cannot trust you because you all seem so fake. Fake news, fake proves fake details. EVERYTHING SO FAKE!"

"No, you're wrong?!" She yelled back to stop him

"We aren't lying, Mr Winchester isn't lying!" She was too confident which made him laugh sarcastically.

"Why do you believe him so much? You think he is THE MOST honest person?" 

"What do you even know about him? Uh?!" Hebrew walked closer to her and she took steps backwards.

"You think he is the most honest and helpful as he seems? How can you be so blind?" 

"Mr HEBREW?!"

"Shut up!" 

"Your small thinking and ignoring the big picture makes you the junior detective all this year. You never thought about what the other side is. You always just went with the flow." Behind her is just a wall now and in front, is Hebrew. His piercing and enraged gaze along with his heavy breaths somewhat make her frightened and uncomfortable. He...can see that.

"You think you can replace me? If you were the first chosen one then let me remind you...I Am the most wanted one!" 

"But why don't you believe Mr Winches-"

"Cause he is all FAKE!..." I yelled again and left her standing there.

Controlling my anger I sat on one of my sofa' showing my back to her and declared,

"I don't need someone like you by my side, you're just as blinded as others. I'll do it on my own. The door is over there, you may leave..." 

She was quiet, not a single thing could be heard. After a second I heard the door opening and closing with a huge thud making the old windows of my house shatter…

1