1- The Introduction
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I awaken, most likely due to the fact that the entire room is lit up quite brightly by the sunlight. However, I am unsure how to prove this hypothesis, it is only the awnser most likely t-

....

I fell out of my bed.

That is upsetting. I get up and sit on my bed.

Anyways I go ahead and pick up my phone from my nightstand, I notice a notification. This should be interesting. 

"The latest generation of VR headsets is here!" the headline reads, I open up the article. Quickly reading through it, one headset clearly stands out from the rest. Named "DiverOne", the headset is said to be the first ever headset able to link to the brain directly, without any implants. Evidently, the headset has it's limits, supposedly if one were to stay in it for over 5 hours a day it chould cause nausea, disorientation, as well as temporary loss of hearing and  eyesight.

It also comes with a hefty price tag, and the unit is huge, being 3 meters wide, 2 meters tall and 2 meters long. It pretty much just looks like a sci-fi computer connected to a helmet that covers the majority of the head.

Alright, maybe the hefty price tag thing was a lie, this thing costs only 3540$. Cheap, considering the competitors are only around 200$ cheaper. It even came with a free game, it is an FPS game with RPG elements in it.

I like to consider myself upper middle class, but even then this thing is quite an attractive offer. I've been saving up to get a new gaming pc so I have the money to buy it though....

I cannot say I am not tempted by the offer though.

I check their online shop. I instantly notice the free shipping and installation service, my money is quickly punted right into their pockets.

I should probably head to work, I think as I notice that it's 8am already.

....

Work went smoother then usual, but one of my co-workers got into an accident involving a car and the front door.

I notice a small piece of paper taped to my front door, it appears to be from the delivery service. I call the number on the paper and we have a rather quick conversation on the topic of their delivery service.

They arrived roughly 3 hours after that and I showed them where I wanted my new gaming rig installed, I had an unused room ever since my brother moved out of my house so I used that. Of course, the room had no furniture in it.

It is now midnight, and they finally finished installing it.

I'll head to bed.

 

 

naaah imma check it out first

I bring in a chair from my kitchen, sit down, and boot it up. I put on the headset after it's booted up of course.

I just noticed how strange this headset is, it appears to be 2 parts, the front, and the back, between them are adjustable straps and whatnot, the strange thing is the fact that the thing looks like a ronin ballistic helmet, just that it does not cover the lower half of the face.

"-up finished, user detected, login information needed to proceed" That is what can be heard through the built-in speakers, on the monitor inside the helmet a registration screen pops up. However there is no way to input that I can see.

I take off the helmet and look at the rig itself. Upon closer inspection I notice 4 USB ports. I head to my office and grab my keyboard and mouse. I plug them in as I sit back in the chair. I put on the helmet and try again.

It worked, I managed to register, the username I used to do so is "SpearmansShiv"

(i should probably mention that english is not my first languige and that i've never written an actual story, i honestly have no idea what i'm doing)

0