Chapter One
261 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Zhi’er…let’s go find your father.”

 

To the young boy sitting across from his mother eating dinner, these words were like poison, his hands trembled as he gripped the spoon he was holding, his small teeth bit tightly on his lip as he lowered his head and tried to keep from cursing.

 

But his mother unaware of her son’s rapid change continued to speak in a soft and timid voice. “Today I offended one of the customers at my job… the person was really angered and said that they’ll make sure that… that I don’t work in this city again. Even the manager… refused to pay me because the customer said he wouldn’t patron the place anymore. I was waiting on the money so I could pay the rent and your school fees… we’re already behind by a month and they won’t give any more extensions if I… if I can’t pay, the landlord would kick us out, I don’t know what to do!” After she choked those words out the tears she had been holding back spilled from her eyes and she let out one broken sob after another.

 

A trickle of blood ran down from the boy’s mouth as he looked up at his sobbing mother who looked as if she had given up and for the first time in so many years he felt nothing as he looked at her crying. Instead, he started to feel annoyed the more she went on, his teeth dug further into his lip, more blood ran out and it was almost as if fire blazed in his eyes as his anger surged.

 

His small hand flung out and the plate of food on the table in front of him flew out and crashed on the table, his mother was startled by the noise and choked on her sob as she looked over at him in confusion and fear.

 

Though his voice was milky and soft the words that left his lip accompanied with blood struck through his mother like a bolt of lightning. “Shut up!”

 

For the first time in her life, Yin Zi felt fear as she looked at her son, her small hands gripped her dress and she lowered her head meekly as she looked at her son. She could only glance at her son’s eyes that were overflowing with a mix of dangerous emotions before she looked at his lip and the blood trail that ran from it.

 

Wan Zhi looked at his mother who tucked her head away like a quail and couldn’t help the anger that further spiked in him, he lowered his head and took in several breaths. He wasn’t able to lower his anger but his outer appearance became calm and back his usual gentle countenance. It was because of this that Yin Zi let her guard down and tentatively got from her chair and went over to him.

 

She raised up her hand that was about to rub her son's lip only to have it grabbed, she yelped as she was pulled down and ended up on her knees in front of her son. Their eyes locked and she looked away causing her son to growl in a low voice “it’s because you’re like this that we ended up like that last time.”

 

Yin Zi was confused by this and looked at him questioningly causing the small child to sigh before he let out a laugh of ridicule. “Do you think that if we went to look for that man he would welcome us with open arms?” Not waiting for his mother to reply he continued in a voice that was overflowing with resentment, fear, and pain. “That man has a wife and two sons. What need would he have for you who he sees as nothing but an easy lay and the bastard son he wished you had aborted?!”

 

Her dark eyes that usually shown with innocence widened and her cherry lips hung open in shock as she stared at her son. “No… that… that’s a lie!” She protested strongly but her voice broke as she received a cold and demeaning look from her son. “He didn’t say he was married… when we met he said that he was divorced… your father said he didn’t have any children… he said he only wanted to be with me… no it’s a lie right?!”

 

Wan Zhi looked at his mother’s shaking frame as she broke down into sobs and sighed pulling her into a hug, a whisper leaving his lips. “Only a fool like you would believe that.” After that, he quietly held his sobbing mother, as she let out all her pain confusion, and resentment, he listened as she chattered hysterically about all the things that the man had said and promised her.

 

As he did the anger in his heart faded away and he sighed as he stroked his mother’s hair, honestly, he knew he couldn’t blame her. From the time she was born his mother has always been a bit slow and because of her parents she grew up protected thus she retained her childlike innocence even as an adult. It was something easy to take advantage of for a fox-like that man.

 

The man was just looking for something to relieve his anger when he came across his innocent mother who worked in a quiet café, on the first night his mother was tricked into his bed. The next day his mother woke up confused and afraid and was easily coaxed by the old fox, they talked and believing they were now in a relationship she allowed him to claim her body a few more times, that was how he came about.

 

When the old fox found out he wanted her to abort it but his innocent mother believed that doing that was wrong and refused, the old fox couldn’t easily force her to abort like he had forced her to bed. So he made up an excuse and told his mother to wait for him, he would come back for her and his child and like a fool his mother waited for nearly twelve years

9