Chapter Three
186 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since his travel time to school was cut in half, Wan Zhi was able to make it there ahead of time, he stood at the gate and looked at the school building before he sighed and walked in. He remembered that when his mother had told him about finding his father he was excited to know that he had a father and that his mother actually knew who he was, it was a small comfort after hearing the terrible things people said about them.

 

Because of that, he had forgotten to finish his exams, it wouldn’t come to his mind until they had already long left the city. Since they couldn’t think of how to handle it they decided to put it off and as a result by the time they checked on it the school had marked him as a dropout. The old fox was already under reassure from his wife’s family and couldn’t help so ended up redoing that year in a subpar school.

 

As he walked he dug up the memories he had and used a vague memory to locate his class and seat, when he reached the class there were only a few children present since it was still considered early. He went to his seat and took out his books, he pulled out a new one and began to make a study plan, he wanted to make one last night but he was too mentally exhausted to handle it.

 

The reason for his exhaustion was while he was eating dinner with his mother he woke up, he almost choked on his food so his mother went to get him some water, in that time he went through all the possibilities and determined he had come back. He came back from nearly twenty years in the future and returned right before his mother told him of her plan to find that old fox.

 

In his mind he had just died in a most terrible way, at the hands of that old fox, at first he was happy to see his mother only for her to slap him back to reality with her words. Because of this he couldn’t control his emotions and almost harmed his mother, he had to squeeze himself to remember that this mother and the one in the future were too different people, the current one wasn’t the one that had betrayed and stepped on him.

 

As he thought of that he gripped his pen and bit into his bruised lip, the pain seemed to bring him back and he calmed down. Even though the memories about the school and the classmates he had here were blurry he could still remember the things he had learned from the other school. He took a breath and shoved down another memory and continued making a study plan.

 

He had two months until the exam and with his memories of the things he learned being so clear he could just rely on them and he would have no trouble passing the exam and getting into a good school. But he didn’t want to pass the exam, he wanted and needed to dominate him, the reward money and the scholarship were the only things that could keep his mother from going back to that fox.

 

He didn’t want to end up in a situation where he was out of control, he knew the moment he felt like that he would go manic and might end up with another bad ending. He used his knuckles to hit his head, the sudden pain distracted him from that memory and he sighed. He had nine compulsory subjects, if he wanted to just pass by then his current scores for Chinese and mathematics were just fine, but since he wanted more then he’ll have to push himself.

 

Aside from the nine subjects, there was another one that he wanted high marks in so he’d get in a better school, English. Being a child of the old fox he was supposed to be better than everyone around him and since the old fox was involved in a business it was an important subject. So after he arrived at the Wan house he wasn’t given much time to breathe before he was stuffed with one tutor after the other and each of those tutors was given full permission to “punish” him.

 

A shudder went up his spine and he bit his lip drawing blood, this memory of his was a godsend, he just wished it didn’t come with the extra memories. Shaking his head he looked back at his book, the point was that his English both written and spoken were exemplary but since the exams only focused on written then he had no issue passing just needed to review.

 

He looked up and checked the clock on the wall, it was another hour before class so he took out his books and looked through his old exam paper, and then made notes of his average scores. From this, he sorted out how much time to put into each one and then worked on a timetable. When he was done he took out the book and exam papers for the first subject and began to study it seriously.

 

As he wrote he made a side note to buy a few more books on his way home, though he barely had any money left over he shouldn’t buy them the sacrifice was necessary. As he wrote time seemed to fly by and the teacher entered, as to not anger the teacher he put away everything and took out his books for that class, the teacher scanned around the class and then greeted everyone before he went to the board to begin his work.

 

The class that had been noisy settled down and soon as could be heard we the scribbling of pencils and pens. Even though he already knew about everything the teacher was saying, Wan Zhi listened attentively. He would use these classes as a review to refresh the information he had.

9