Chapter Seven
160 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time passed they stayed peacefully in the hostel, there were other children, and they would come up and try to be friendly with him. It was impossible for him, a person who had lived so long and suffered so much at the hands of others, to easily make friends even if they were just children. In his mind out of all the people that harmed him the children they used were the worst, he had grown up without a father and thus would use his money to sponsor children like him.

But just like everything else that action came back to bite him in his ass, that poisonous first master actually used two of the children to get him in trouble. Thinking of that disgusting memory that added to his final outcome he just felt sick to his stomach, every time he looked at the children his hair would raise. He couldn’t stand with the others so unless he was cooking or going out for a bath he hid in his room.

He was fine being alone since he had so much to think about and plan, for one he was one hundred percent assured that he would get the prize money after he had done the exam. Because of that, he needed to decide which city he was going to attend school in, he wanted it to be far from the city the old fox lived in while also moving away from this city.

That was because the old fox had met his mother in this city, he had the nagging feeling that he needed to get out, he couldn’t stand the chance of the old fox getting a brainwave and coming to find them. Being as poor as they were he didn’t have a computer to search for the information so after deliberating it he decided to use some of his savings to go to the internet café.

He got up and used his backpack to carry his notebooks and pens and turned to leave the room, he glanced at his mother who sat in the corner of the bed folding the laundry. Since they had arrived at the hostel there was nothing much for her to do so most of the time she was either cleaning, doing laundry, or tinkering with something. He felt that by the time they left the hostel it would look as if it was brand new.

With a small sighed he left the room and went out to the hallway, since the exams were over the children had been left to their own devices as their parents awaited the results. Because of this at any time of day the halls and the other areas of the hostel, a few children could be seen. They obviously couldn’t understand the worries of the adults in the family so they remained carefree as they enjoyed their free time.

He couldn’t avoid running into the children so he just walked steadily with his gaze straight ahead, even when the children said their hello they were ignored. Wan Zhi soon left the hostel and quickly went to get on the bus that headed closer to the schools. The place where the hostels are located was considered to be a place for the poor. No one with a good business mind would put their business in a place as such, so of course, there was no internet café nearby.

After he got off the bus he only walked for a while before he found what he wanted, of course, the internet café’s at this time weren’t high-tech as those in the later years but for him what they offered now would be enough. He paid for two hours of use and found a computer in the corner near the back and logged into it before he started searching for what he wanted.

His first target was of course to get a map and then a list of junior high schools that are affiliated with his primary schools. He found the map and put it aside before looking at the list of schools, he started to research them one by one until he found the best five. When he was done he searched them on their locations and as time went by her was finally able to find the location and school he wanted.

He smiled and started taking note of the information, finally, when he was finished he looked up the name of the old fox so he could find out his exact situation. A frown etched his way onto his face when the news popped up, it was the report of the passing of the Wan family’s Young Madam. The mother of the first and second young master had been reported to have passed away just this morning, after years of sickness she was laid to rest.

As he looked at it his frown deepened, it wasn’t because he was sad about her death, he didn’t care that she had died and he also didn’t care how those two demons would feel at the loss of their mother. What concerned him was that now that woman had died would the old fox coming looking for the woman he had abandoned all those years ago, was he confident enough that his mother would wait for him?

The young madam had just passed today there was no way that old fox would go and look for his mistress at a time like this. If nothing else the thing that old man loved the most was his reputation if he hadn’t cared for it he wouldn’t have found a town in the middle of nowhere to cheat on his wife. He would wait for some time until the procedures completed before he came, but that was only if he remembered his mother.

Wan Zhi sighed and packed away his things before he got up and left the café, it was a bit late so he hustled to the bus, he didn’t make any stops and just went straight home. When he got there his mother was sitting on the bed in a daze, he glanced at her and shut the door a little hard. She became startled and looked at him before she calmed down and gave him a gentle smile.

10