Chapter Ten
143 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A while later she walked out in a new dress he had bought for her when she had him his mother had just turned eighteen, so after twelve years she was only a bit over thirty. He really couldn’t understand how she still looked so young but figured this was part of the reason that old fox was happy to take her in. With her tender and naïve ways, the old fox would be tempted, as he thought of this he looked at the happy smile on his mother’s face and asked her to change again.

She came out back in a long skirt and a loose blouse with her heeled sandals, he looked at her hair and fought his disgust as he used a hair tie to put her hair up in a bun. This made her look more mature so he nodded and left the apartment with her, the mother and son found a close-by place to eat. Unlike before when they had no money there was no need to share their food and this made Wan Zhi willing to eat the cake his mother pestered him to buy.

When they left the store they went to the nearby mall and Wan Zhi proceeded to buy a few outfits for his mother and himself, the ones he bought for her soothed her well even though their main purpose was to make her more mature. His clothes were loose-fitting and made him look the part of a carefree boy, it wasn’t his intention but he later thought that with this he would be able to take advantage of the adults around him.

A few days later the mother and son woke up early in the morning, eat a fitting breakfast, and dressed well before they got dressed and left the house. After a few days of rest, Wan Zhi figured it was time for them to get moving, today he would sign up for the school he wanted and then go and help his mother find a job. Though he had a way to earn money without her doing anything, she would mostly act as a cover for him, so no attention would be drawn to himself.

They left and after a ride in a taxi they arrived in front of the school, the school he wanted to attend was a private school, no matter how high the prize money he wouldn’t be able to afford it. But with the help of the scholarship he would be at ease to attend, even though the school was for the rich of the area, these so-called rich people could never compete with the old fox and the other families that lived around them.

He went in and was soon led to the admissions office, he took out his documents, school records, and his exam results, and after the teacher looked at them she became more enthusiastic. They were excited to have him but like all prestigious schools, he needed to take an admission examination to see which class he would be placed in. Wan Zhi had come well prepared and so he sat the exam right away, after he was finished he took a tour around the school as he waited for the results to come out.

The teacher soon called them back and instead of her, he was met by another teacher, the school counselor, and the vice headmaster. They wanted to speak to his mother to get more details but when they saw her clear confusion they could only look at the half-grown pre-teen. Wan Zhi gave his mother a look and she remained silent for the entirety of the conversation.

The first person to speak was the school counselor, a chubby and jolly-looking lady called Mrs. Li. “After processing your marks and other documents you are qualified to enter our experimental class, this is a class that was created a while back for students with high rankings. These students have been proven to learn faster and attain more knowledge than their peers and as such require a more rigorous and higher-level learning environment.

The students who have been qualified to attend the class for the next year have already been examined and you have been proven to have the highest marks among them, scoring a few marks more than the second. Because of this, you are qualified for the full scholarship from our school, with the first scholarship, all of your school fees, from learning fees to activities will be provided. All of your school supplies, school uniforms, and other necessities shall be handled by the school, and you will also be sponsored an allowance for your living expenses.

The school also provides a dorm room for the top three students, you can feel free to stay there or if you choose not to an extra bonus will be added to your allowance. But of course, all these things do not come for free, you will have to maintain your high ranking if you wish to continue to receive these privileges. An exam will be given at the end of every term, aside from the other exams this one mostly concerns the movement of the scholarship.”

Wan Zhi sat there and listened to everything she had to say and nodded along, he already knew all these and he was willing to work for it, the only sad thing was the dormitory. He wanted to be able to stay there but he needed to share it with two more people and this would only make him uncomfortable. He would rather continue to live in the apartment so he would also be able to keep an eye on his mother, he felt if he left her alone for too long he wouldn’t be able to handle the consequences.

When the counselor finished speaking she left the rest of the pleasantries to the vice headteacher and finally he was told who the teacher that sat quietly observing him the whole time was. He was teacher Han, the teacher mainly responsible for the experimental class, of course, there were other teachers but he was the one in charge of them. After looking at this teacher Wan Zhi decided it was best to not get too close to the man, he was clearly the observant type so he would easily notice all of Wan Zhi’s abnormalities, if he didn’t want to end up in the hospital he would keep his distance.

8