Chapter Thirteen
104 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they did the obvious tension in the room stunned them Yin Zi who had been frightened acted like a small quail and quickly came to his side. Of the lack of reaction to her actions received Wan Zhi was sure that the other parents knew of her illness.

Knowing this his fist clenched but he kept a neutral look on his face hoping that they couldn't sense his distress. It was easy to tell that since they knew of the condition of his mother then they would more than likely know of the actions that caused his birth. His only hope was that they had no vested interest in working with the Wan family so that they wouldn't pull him out just to get some benefits. 

To clear the tension in the air the adults quickly came in and took their positions next to their children and grandchildren. Looking at the bags in their hands and then his mother's empty ones he had to turn his attention to teacher Han who stood at the door. 

The man smiled at him and walked over and passed the bag to him, the unsettling feeling he had received from him once again surfaced in his mind and strengthened his resolve to stay away from the man at all cost.

He knew that his current state was not stable and while he may be able to fool a few children and most adults he would not be able to fool such an observant person. He guessed the man had already sensed something was wrong with him and the last thing he wanted was his interest or any other emotion that would put him in his sights. 

Wan Zhi took the bag and made quick work of going through it to make sure that everything was there, when he checked off the list he packed the things back and stood next to his mother who had taken his seat when he had moved and gave him a cute look. 

Soon the meeting was over and it was time to go home, the three families walked to the gates accompanied by the Dean, counselor, and other teachers. This of course drew attention from the others in the compound but they were ignored. 

With a final exchange of words, they all went their separate ways. The other two families got into their cars with the help of their servants while the two hailed a cab. 

The drive back to their place was quiet as he and his mother looked out the window thinking about their own things. He couldn't guess what she was thinking nor would he care but for Wan Zhi himself the sight of the two families being escorted into their expensive cars by their servants played out in his mind overlapping with the times he had been treated like that in his last life. 

For a few years, he lived a comfortable life so the pain that followed was much worse. In this life he wanted to be that comfortable and when he finally became like that he wanted it to remain that way for the rest of his life.

As the car stopped in front of the apartment building he took out the money and paid for the cab before leading his mother back up to their place. Once they were inside he returned to his room leaving his mother to her own devices. He set the bag on the bed and started to unpack it, the first thing he saw was the three sets of winter uniforms and winter P.E wear.

He took them out gently and placed them all on hangers before taking out the steamer he had purchased. One by one the pieces of clothing were steamed to perfection before they were placed on the clothes rack.

When he was done with this he went back to the bag and retrieved two pairs of dress shoes, two pairs of athletic shoes, and their coinciding pairs of socks. He set them down gently and went to the kitchen to get a wet rag, he wiped down the athletic shoes placed them at the bottom of the rack, and put away the socks before he sat down to polish his shoes a slight smile coming to his face.

He had finally taken another step to the ending he wanted and he would make sure that going forward each step would be as strong as this one was.

Once he was done he set aside the shoes cleaned his hands and continued to pack away the things even sorting out his bag and having it packed before setting it aside. Because of his good mood, Wan Zhi decided that they would eat a big meal that night he even had to intention to make one of his mother's favorite dishes from her hometown.

He made quick work of cleaning the kitchen and then took out the ingredients he needed, closing the fridge he turned to see his mother sitting in the chair near the counter looking at him with her lips pouted in a cute smile.

Looking at the soft pink rompers and a white t-shirt that she wore he fought urger to tell her to go and change and turned to the food deciding that going forward he would buy all of his mother's clothes. 

The thought was short quickly fading away with the frustration it had brought as Wan Zhi thought of the accomplishment he made today with a subtle smile hanging on his lips.

He quietly decided that today was a day of happiness and then from tomorrow he would return his focus to the things that would cause him great frustration.

 

  

5