The pressure of fate shapes you into a sword
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After cutting the call, Lydia turned to Mr. Liu with determined eyes, which is borderline deranged...

 

"Mr. Liu, how many are coming?"

 

"... Lydia... what are you..."

 

"I ASKED YOU HOW MANY ARE COMING!"

 

"...10, maybe more. Moreover, Jaw-long will be coming... You don't know about him, we police force kept an eye on him for a while. He is the gang leader of the Futou gang, a wannabe who wanted to be the lapdog of the Wangs"

 

"The police initially thought he was just a street punk, but opinions about him quickly changed when he, by only himself, chased a group of 8 who stole from the Wangs' business. His gift of 8 bloodied corpse made the Wangs know his name. Since then he was the guy who handles all the messy activities for the Wangs in Hangzhang."

 

"Don't worry, they will not do anything crazy as long as the Chief Inspector of Hangzang Police division is here."

 

As Mr. Liu was explaining the situation to Lydia, his cellphone rang...

 

"Hello..."

 

"...what?"

 

"What do you mean the commissioner has ordered me to come to the police headquarters? Do the Wangs want this whole family dead?!"

 

"Qianfan, we the Police kept one eye closed towards Wangs. But I never knew that there is a groveling lapdog in the Police force for that wretched family! You scoundrel, you will die a horrible death!"

 

Mr. Liu cut the call and turned back towards Lydia only to see a pair of calm eyes starting back deep into him.

 

Looking at the deep eyes, Mr. Liu froze up. He had seen many criminals, murderers, heartless humans and people that barely qualify as human.

 

One's eyes are the window to the soul and Mr. Liu had often seen the soulless empty eyes of the ruthless criminals.

 

But there is something different in Lydia, her eyes are not blazing with hate or anger or fear. Yet, it is the calm exuding smoldering heat like the deep pools of molten lava.

 

Mr. Liu couldn't help but wonder...

 

'...what has erupted inside this young child? ...the calm that she shows is not what I feel from her. She is consumed... not with fear ...it is something else.'

 

"...Lydia…"

 

"... Mr. Liu are we going to die?"

 

Mr. Liu froze up when he heard her as he thought to himself, 'When Lydia asked me this question, I was speechless, not because of the morbid reply, but because of her look. Being as smart as she is. Lydia can infer that her head was requested by an influential mafia family. But despite that, fear was not her primary emotion, I have to search hard for fear in this lone young lady.'

 

'She is not afraid.'

 

'Is there a fight in her…?'

 

'But...What can she do?'

 

'Men of 30 or more will be coming with weapons, with guns, storming this hospital. The law will not help her, the order will be forgotten. It will be a devil's playground in a few hours.'

 

'In merely few hours this hospital will not be a place for any sane human. If one were to be trapped here, becoming a corpse is the best one could hope for.'

 

'I know these men. They are not men but monsters. Humanity is long lost on them.'

 

'What is Lydia going to do...?’

 

"Mr. Liu?"

 

"...Yes, Lydia. I wish I could lie to you, but you will know in probably in a few hours. The old man of the Wang family wants your mom dead and probably you too..."

 

"They are sending me a Police vehicle to pick me up and take me to the commissioner's office. The moment I leave, all hell will break loose."

 

"I believe we have people watching us already."

 

"...What about the hospital? Can the thugs' act unbridled inside here?"

 

"The hospital owner is a friend of mine, the Wangs threatened to burn down his house and the hospital as a whole, if he doesn't cooperate..."

 

"...he..."

 

"I understand Mr. Liu."

 

With a deranged look Lydia continued,"...Haha, morals and principles aren't worth a dime when a blade is pressed against your throat. I never knew that life was so simple."

 

"Mr. Liu... can you least get mum away..."

 

"...I can't"

 

Nodding to herself Lydia walked away with her back to Mr. Liu, "My dad always used to say that a knee once bent can never be firm again. He is a man of principles, but he got himself killed. Maybe he might be alive if he kept his head low…"

 

Without looking back at the downtrodden sight of Mr. Liu, Lydia walked back to her mum's room only to hear a commotion between the doctors.

 

"What do mean that we are dismissed for the evening? Dr. Shihong, I just started my shift, I will be in charge of the ICU ward and this patient is in need of critical care" disputed a smartly dressed young lady in a doctor's coat.

 

"Cuifen, can't you tell the mood in the hospital is off? All the senior doctors have left. I am doing you a favor by asking you to leave. Worry not, your patient will be kept alive. Brother Jaw-Long has specifically told me that this lady should be kept alive," sneered Dr. Shihong as he lustfully stared at the young lady doctor across him.

 

'Brother Jaw-Long has asked me a favor of looking after this lady in the ICU. I've heard that Brother Jaw-Long always remembers the favors that he owes. Just you wait, Cuifen, I will forcibly make you mine with the help of Futou gang,' thought Dr. Shilong as his face turned red from the excitement of his lecherous fantasies.

 

Amidst Dr. Shihong's daydreaming, a calm voice pulled him out of his stupor, "so you know Jaw-long?"

 

Dr. Shilong and Dr. Cuifen turned their attention towards a calm young lady who was fixedly staring at Dr. Shilong and was walking towards him.

 

Her pace was unhurried but the eerie calm made the duo feel as if any attempt to escape was impossible from this young girl.

 

***

 

Metal made modern civilization. Human creative complexities are given birth through metals.

A world without metalwork is a world still primitive, but native metal is a rare sight.

Even when found, the lumps of solid mass cannot be used as tools or as weapons.

It needs to be beaten or heated into shapes of need, for it to be used.

A shaped metal is not only bring ease, but also commands respect,

As gold, metal invokes pride, making men feel greed, solicits lust and more.

As a sword, it becomes a warrior’s most trusted partner.

As a jewel, it becomes a noble lady's pride possession.

As a hammer, it blesses a smith with creation.

As a scepter, it bestows a King with prestige.

The mentioned all are metals, but their destiny differs by what they are shaped into,

A destiny created through ability to take blows and staying true in the test of fire,

A destiny of limitless potential...

***

 

Young Lydia was born to good parents; she grew up righteous, obedient and pure at heart. Her childhood slowly smelted her into an ingot of good metal. But metal by itself is not much of value, it needed to be shaped to its destiny.

 

In the eyes of Mr. Liu, who had seen Lydia for the better part of his life, saw a change in form. Though it is not yet complete, but a transformation is at nigh. Fate is shaping Lydia... from just a blunt piece metal into something laser sharp...

 

To read the pre-release chapters and more exciting books, support us @ pat reon/iamanimel : www.patreon.com/iamanimel

3