Act One: The Blood Harvester
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn’t the sun, it wasn’t the lightbulb in his house. It was a candle, from a table next to him, lit up the room in front of him.

slaps

“Ouch, what the f-” Lo said, immediately jumped up from his sleep when a hand slapped him across the face. 

“Oh, you’re not dead, okay then.”

The person who slapped him is a bright skinned woman — with short light purplish hair, she’s wearing a beret with a loose blak t-shirt and long trousers. Kind of reminding Lo of those teenage girls in front of malls and movie theaters waiting for their friend group. But when it’s on her body, it seems more mature and womanly.

“Don’t you know how to check pulses or heart beats?” Lo asked, rubbing his face on the part that is warm from that slap.

She shrugs. “You did wake up from that slap, didn’t ya.”

Lo gives up arguing, he looks around for potential clues, did he just get reincarnated? He rubbed his head and stood up to touch things like the table nearby and the walls for no reason.

It’s a big, normal room with bricks and stones made for walls. Kind of reminding him of medieval times, especially the candle that lit up the room and not lightbulbs.

“Don’t worry, I’m as confused as you are when I first transported here, welcome to Empty Earth kid.”

“What is Empt-”

“Bap bap bap, hold on — before you ask anything, wait here a bit.”

Lo tried to ask what this Empty Earth place was, but immediately got cut off by the woman which then walked out the wooden oversized rectangular door.

“Sure thing, mom…” Lo said, quietly and sarcastically.

In this situation, what will a normal person do? Walk out and escape in case that woman is a serial killer, trying to find the meaning of this place or figuring the “Empty Earth” out. Well our protagonist decided to sit on the woman’s bed and contemplated the meaning of life and his purposes. ‘There’s no better time to do this.’ He thought.

Before he could catch a breath, he felt as if danger were approaching.

A sudden blood rush and survival instincts are screaming inside him, roaring and telling him only one thing.

watch out

woot

Piercing through the sky and flying at an incredible speed — a spear from somewhere outside is coming towards the room where Lo is standing, he can hear the thing ripping through air molecules even when he’s standing inside another room.

crash

The wall near the door in front of him collapsed in the middle and bricks began to fall apart, as a spear kept on traveling towards his direction, aiming straight for Lo’s chest.

“Fuck!”

Lo’s initial reaction was to block the spear by covering his chest and brace for impact, but he then noticed how the brick wall got completely destroyed and how the spear kept flying. He has nothing to do other than accepting it.

Even with physics considered in, the rusty iron spear that is flying towards Lo seems to get faster by time. The more he wanted to think what to do, the more it got closer to him. Death is inevitable.

In a glimpse of a moment, Lo’s unknown instinct rises up; words appear in his head.

“God’s Right Hand, come.” Unconsciously, he mumbled.

Weapon: God’s Right Hand (Spear)
Rank: S
No additional information seen.

Lo shook his head in confusion, what was that? Before he knew what was going on, the tip of the spear was nearly at his arm reach.

clash

Lo instinctively raised his weapon near his chest and blocked the spear, the two spears clashed against each other like an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. This time, gladly — the defender won.

The spear he was holding was a bright greenish great spear, meaning it is bigger than normal, yet holding it Lo doesn’t feel any pressure on his hand. When the thing is contacted with the rusty iron spear which is now on the ground, impacts and Newton rules stuff still hits hard on him; his hands now trembling in achiness as he sits back down on bed.

“Woah, that was better than I expected.” The woman from before came in, flicking her hands against each other like she’s brushing off something.

“You threw that? What did you expect?” Lo asked, picking up the iron spear and threw it back at the lady.

She didn’t even bother to block or dodge, the spear hit the woman on her forehead like rubber hitting stone, it immediately flops down on the ground.

“Wha-” He said

“Well I didn’t expect anything really, that’s my first time threatening a newbie, I think I used a bit more force than wanted.”

“Wait hold on, how can you not flinch from that?”

The woman tilted her head in confusion, then looked at the spear on the ground “Oh yeah.”

“Ouch… waaaaaa why are you so evil, you just hit a woman, my head hurts ahhh whimper” She held her forehead and started fake crying.

“God… Who wrote the script for this bad acting?” Lo asked rhetorically then took a look at his spear.

‘Rank S? Like the highest ranking in fantasy?’ He thought, spinning the spear around like a wooden stick.

No additional information seen.

This is mysterious.

“Anyways, welcome to Empty Earth again, my name is Ly. Any questions?” The woman said, sitting next to him on bed and dangling her feet.

“A lot. Really a lot.”

Tutoring time begins.

As far as Ly’s knowledge goes, this place is a smaller replica of earth and the population is so few it’s basically empty, the animal population seems to have decreased a lot too.

“Oh before anything else, your weapon is a spear right?” She said, pointing at the spear called God’s Right Hand on Lo’s hand.

“Yeah, it’s an S-Rank, is that supposed to help?”

“In a way… yeah…” She rubbed her head. “Can you try focus while saying Speciality?”

“Um… Speciality.”

The moment he closed his eyes to focus and say that, a fantasy status board appeared in front of him.

Speciality: Anti Physics.
Rank: F
No additional information seen.

“This is going to be a headache to explain… But your weapon rank and your speciality rank contrasted. If one is S-Rank, the other is F-Rank — If it's C-Rank and D-Rank it is considered balanced since there's 7 ranks total. It depends on what kind of monster you are to be honest.”

“Monster?”

“Oh yeah, that’s what we called ourselves here, but only three people claimed the title of real monsters. That includes The Blood Harvester, The Dynasty Resolver and The Shadow Hunter.”

“Those are some weird names, I bet those quote on quote monsters are edgelords.” 

“Oh, you might know The Blood Harvester, it’s a cool person to be honest.”

“I do?”

Ly nodded, which Lo didn’t notice — when he looked up again, she’s pointing at her cheeks.

“Uh… What?” He asked

“The Blood Harvester.”

“You?”

“Yeah!”

“Your introduction isn’t that cool you know.”

Which part do you want to know about this world first?
  • Speciality Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Monsters Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The Three Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strength Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
1