Chapter 77: Secret Exposed
722 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pallorn gradually opened her eyes. The bright light shining through the nearby window warmed her face, reflecting soft glares through her irises. She closed the book on her lap and put it on the table beside her, frowning. She had fallen asleep and dreamt a peaceful dream. Despite the forceful jolt awake, she didn't feel annoyed, for the worry overwhelmed it.

She intensely listened for the sounds around the house, focusing her attention on the floor above, specifically Iris's bedroom. Though she didn't like to peep, she had to make sure no one was with Iris; what she wanted to ask Iris was too sensitive. She had promised not to leak the secret.

Once she identified that only Iris remained in the bedroom, Pallorn got out of the living room and went upstairs, passing Reta and Varda. The two were learning magic in the study room. Pallorn greeted them like normal before pacing faster towards Iris's bedroom. She tried her hardest to keep her complexion peaceful, yet the frown on her face persisted.

"Iris, may I come in?" She knocked on the door twice. The rhythm was slow and solemn. "Iris, are you sleeping? I'll come in now; tell me if you need time to hide your underwear."

Iris didn't answer; Pallorn took a deep breath, pushed open the door, stepped inside, and locked it softly. She leant against the door and tapped her fingers against it.  An invisible isolation spell emerged into the room. Only then did Pallorn sighed and looked around. Everything was tidy like no one had ever used them, except for the bed.

Iris was sitting on the bed, staring out the window, gazing into the faraway scenery. Unlike her usual appearance, her slime body was muddled and dull, revealing the look of exhaustion, of tiredness, of anxiety. Her translucent figure couldn't conceal her peculiar expression, which influenced her spirit to spiral downwards. She was constantly deep in her thoughts, seemingly unaware of Pallorn's intrusion.

"Sister Pallorn, I'm sorry," Iris said, her voice dry. "You knew since the beginning, didn’t you? I'm really reckless, aren't I?"

"If you know you were reckless, why did you still do it? Why can't you rely on us?" Pallorn walked to Iris and sat beside her, grabbing her hand, squeezing it softly. "Goddess, no, Iris, everything you're shouldering, I, and your sisters, your family, can help you. You don't need to do it all yourself."

Iris turned to Pallorn, slightly smiling. Her body gradually regained its glimmer as her emotions lifted. The vitality and Corruption Power surged under her membrane, exposing the power of the Transformation Phase. Pallorn perked up and glared at Iris before smiling, abruptly hugging her, pressing Iris onto her breasts, covering Iris under her two pairs of wings.

"Goddess, you've broken through your limit?" Pallorn said, grinning. "I've been training for five years before approaching the limit and could only progress with the help of three Soul Fruits. You, on the other hand, had only recently reached the peak of the Metamorphosis Phase. You're a monster, I mean, truly a Goddess!"

"I cheated, Sister Pallorn." Iris pushed Pallorn away, her face red like a cherry. "I'm willing to accept your punishment if you promise not to go overboard. Please, keep it a secret a little longer, please?"

"I won't make everyone worry, but you'll have to tell me the truth, everything." Pallorn caressed Iris's cheek, forcing Iris to stare into her eyes. "You're quite cunning, Iris. If not for my innate talent and our connection through Faith, I too would have been fooled."

"I would very much prefer if I could fool you. It would have been the best." Iris chuckled. Her voice had returned to its bright, playful tone. "Alas, I'm not the only one improving. I may have been overconfident."

"Does that mean I need to tame your wild side?" Pallorn moved closer to Iris, pressing her soft shoulder against Iris. "Goddess, your Fallen Angel is willing to do everything for you. This body, this soul, this love, are all yours."

Iris turned away and took a deep breath, trying to calm down. The warm air rushed inside and heated her chest. The isolation spells had suppressed all other noises outside, leaving only Pallorn's soft breathing and muffled heartbeats. They sounded loud and intense in the absolute silence, making Iris shiver and feel weird.

"Sister Pallorn, I'm going to tell you everything; please listen carefully and don't interrupt me." Iris closed her eyes, then opened them and turned to Pallorn. Her expression stiffened. "As you might have guessed, I'm not a regular Slime Girl and could divide myself into two despites being at the Metamorphosis Phase. My main body is inside the Puppeteer Legacy Ground. Our objective is to use the treasure inside it to break through the limit and reach the Transformation Phase."

"So that's why you don't want any of us to enter the Legacy Ground or join the war." Pallorn nodded. "You've succeeded. Are you coming back? Do you know the situation inside?"

Iris noticed Pallorn's strange expression and guessed something in her heart.

"Sister Pallorn, did you find out something?" Iris grasped Pallorn's hands and leant forwards, blinking. "Please tell me. I can't connect to the main body after she went into the Legacy Ground. If you don't tell me, I'll worry myself to death."

"If I find you feeling down, I'll drown you under pleasure so wonderful you'll forget everything." Pallorn playfully moved her fingers along Iris's palms. "I'm a Fallen Angel, Iris. My fall is long and deep. I've learnt a lot during your absence, a lot more than you thought. Because you're my Goddess, I'm willing to share them. You’ll understand that aside from heaven above, there is heaven below too."

"If, if I agreed to let you have my heart, will you tell me what happened?" Iris blushed, but her voice remained determined. "I need to know the truth. I must know the truth."

"I wouldn't be pressing myself onto you if I know what'd happened." Pallorn withdrew her hands and sighed, disappointed, worried. "I only know something happened because the Faith inside you flickered, resonating with someone else, blazing its final glory. You're a part of Iris, so you must also know this."

Iris bit her lips and clenched her fists, remaining silent. She leant onto Pallorn, gazed towards the forest outside the window, watching the soft radiance brightening the scenery. Its vivid colour instilled hope and trust into her heart. She shook her head and relaxed her hands, taking a deep breath.

"The bright sunlight always comes after the dark clouds, hope after crises," Iris said, feeling Pallorn's delicate shoulder. "I won't lie to you, Sister Pallorn. I only know about the resonance of Faith and the faint emotions from the main body. Her anxiety and joy alternated before they abruptly disappeared. Now, only weariness yet comfort steadily flow through me."

"She must have a special method to do something with the strand of Faith inside her body." Pallorn eyed Iris. "Do you happen to know about it? Can you explain it to your big sister? This big sister will reward you handsomely."

"I'm smarter than that, Sister Pallorn." Iris grinned as she got up from Pallorn's shoulder and glanced at Pallorn coyly. "This clone body doesn't inherit everything the main body knows. I know myself enough that I can’t prevent the secrets from leaking. You got no chance on me, Sister."

"Do you also predict that you'll tell me about this evil plan?"

Iris nodded, tensing. Her eyes shifted around, watching Pallorn's every little movement; she had a bad feeling about this.

"What are you going to do now?" Iris slightly moved away. She tried to get out of the bed, but Pallorn’s playful hands gently held onto Iris. "I'm telling you, Sister Pallorn, that you won't get anything out of me even if you break me. It is an exercise in futility. I don't know anything!"

"Your seductive moans and lovely expressions are of precious value, Iris. Have you also predicted that I would get angry and force myself onto you? Does that mean you subconsciously wish for it? You're truly tainted now."

Iris forcefully got up, pulling her hand from Pallorn's grasp. She slightly flushed as she walked around Pallorn to the desk, but Pallorn unfolded her wings and obstructed Iris, smirking, her eyes glittering with dark light, with dark desires.

"Iris, I think I'm getting angry. How are you going to calm my raging heart?"

"Look, Sister Pallorn." Iris pointed at an hourglass on the wooden desk opposite the bed. "It's getting late, almost five. Reta generally comes to chat with me around now. If you do anything bad, she will know, and everyone will know. For me, you won't do it, right?"

"That's your mistake, Iris." Pallorn also got up, standing in front of Iris. She tilted her head down and looked at Iris, who shivered under the teasing gaze. "This is your biggest weakness. You analyse too much and assume ideal conditions. We are Monster Girls, corrupted souls with wicked, unreasonable desires running through our bodies. Logic isn't something that dictates us, especially during the time of dizziness, of intense passions."

"If you're losing yourself in your desires, how are you so eloquent? You're clearly using it as an excuse to play with me!"

Pallorn didn't speak, but her mischievous smile told Iris everything. Iris glanced at the door behind Pallorn. Her slime body could morph and phase through most obstacles, but if she used her innate talent, Pallorn might also use hers. Iris didn’t want to experience the Fallen Angel’s demonic charm anymore; she might lose herself again.

She did not want to experience that thrilling, burning sensation all over again. There was a chance that she might like it.

As Iris hesitated, Pallorn licked her lips and leant forwards, arching her wings towards Iris. The two were about to entangle when Reta rushed up to the second floor and knocked on the door loudly.

"Sister Iris, I'm coming in," Reta said, instantly pushing open the door. "There is a letter for you. Its coverage looks classy. Did you have a noble friend?"

Pallorn folded back her wings and stepped backwards, her smile fading as the bitterness reluctance soaked inside her mouth. She glanced at Reta and sighed, lacking the will to feel annoyed. She didn't come to have fun with Iris but to confirm her safety. She had already achieved her objective; the rest was just a fun bonus.

"You've come at the right time, Reta," Pallorn mumbled. "Very well, Iris. I'll leave you two some alone time. Don't forget our promise."

As Pallorn turned around, Iris grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Pallorn paused and turned back.

"Do you have anything to tell me?" Pallorn smiled. "You two have been keeping this secret for a while, and now you want to bribe me? I must warn you that my price isn’t cheap."

"I'm not asking you to hide it. I'm telling everyone myself." Iris exhaled, feeling relieved. "I’ve thought it through. They deserve to know the truth. Hiding it any longer would be futile. Everyone will naturally figure it out."

Pallorn was surprised. She was sure Iris would try to keep it a secret. What had changed her mind? Did something terrible happen?

"Do you want me to speak to everyone, or do you want to tell them all yourself?" Pallorn snapped her fingers. The isolation spells lost their effects. "Either way, I have no control over their reactions, nor will you have any control over them, in conversation and, afterwards, in bed."

"Please stop linking everything to indecency."

Iris glanced at Reta and nodded. The three understood each other and went downstairs together, with Iris leading them. She gathered everything to the living room before staying silent for a few minutes, composing her thoughts, suppressing her shame.

She asked for the exquisite letter from Reta and showed it to her family. They sat around her, some sitting on the chairs, others lying on the sofa, leaning onto each other.

"Sisters, I'm sorry for keeping this a secret; I'll confess everything right now." Iris cut the envelope and took out a beautifully crafted letter, placing it on the table beside her. "I have a friend, a powerful, influential friend, named Amplicia. You all might have known her title, the Ambassador of the Broken Empire."

Iris is terrible at keeping secrets, isn't she?


Special thanks to my patrons: Skyler Flores, Empress of Iron, Jammin' Rabbit, Zeeksi, and BLACKYVult!

Like always, you can support me on Patreon, or visit my Discord!

13