Chapter 156: Loss of Control
265 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iris trotted the pink grassland. She had no recollection of what she was doing, but the entrancing breezes and soothing atmosphere of this land kept her from contemplating. Her eyes drifted from one tree, whose curled leaves fluttered and fell to the ground, to the next, whose thread-like branches danced, leaving sugary sparkles in the air.

She unsteadily raised her head. The colourful clouds, made of cotton candies, gently hovered above her, shielding her from the warm, melting sun. Her unfocused eyes gazed down. The fine grasses filled her vision, brushing across her bare legs, tickling her.

As she walked to the horizon, she gradually fell deep into her thoughts. Her right hand plucked a glass-like flower and brought it to her face. She caressed its brittle petals, and then nibbled on it. The sweet candy split in her mouth and dissolved under her saliva, bringing comfort to her soul.

She was on a journey, a long, arduous journey. At the end of the horizon, her destination awaited. It was a humble home, where her lover was patiently waiting. After a long separation, which numbed her heart and fostered her yearning, she would be with her lover once more and forever. There would be no afterwards, for they would be of one soul, inseparable.

Her heart throbbing, Iris placed her hand on her chest. Though she tried her hardest, she failed to recall her lover’s blurry face and fuzzy name.

She had to recall it.

What kind of person was this mysterious lover? She was a lovely lady, proud, playful, and possessive. Though she always thought about romantic matters and would get what she wanted, she had a big heart. Such a sweet wife, such a fortunate Iris.

A house emerged at the edge of the world. In the front yard, a lovely lady in a bridal dress stood waiting, holding a gorgeous, scentful flower bouquet. She had been waiting for Iris for a long time, and now, her wish was coming to fruition.

Beaming, Iris increased her pace. This place had everything she wanted. She had no reason to leave; she would stay here.

As she reached her home, Iris waved at her wife, who slowly turned around and walked into the house, winking at Iris. A comforting serenity blossomed inside Iris, permeating her drowsy mind. She clutched her chest, flustered, and tried to catch up.

Her footsteps echoed throughout the empty field of sweets. Everything quietened and listened to the joyous occasion, ready to celebrate the best union there could ever be.

“I’m sorry you have to wait for so long,” Iris said. “Even though I’m irresponsible, will you give me a chance to make amend? Will you forgive me, Nupian?”

Nupian was Iris’s, and Iris was Nupian’s. They’d always been in love.

Iris frowned. A sense of crisis rose in her uncomfortable mind, but it was too faint, too faint for her to consider it more than her nervousness. Something felt off. It was wrong. Nupian was wrong, very, very wrong.

How did she come here? She walked here . . . but how did she reach here? Everything before it felt so fuzzy. Where was she before all this? She was . . . sleeping?

A splitting headache struck Iris. She waited to retreat out of the house, but her legs wouldn’t listen to her. Her body rigidly entered the house, heading toward the open door. Inside, Nupian was sitting on a couch with her arms open wide, waiting for Iris to embrace her, to become one with her, forevermore.

“I . . . who are you, Nupian?” Iris clutched her head. Her pace slowed. “I was sleeping. How did you transport me here? Where is this place? I want to go home!”

“What are you saying, Darling?” Under the thin white veil, Nupian giggled. “This place is your home. You’ve promised me; don’t you remember?”

“I . . . did I?” Iris’s eyes grew indistinct. “I did promise you. Yes. Promises are important. I must not break them.”

Iris’s hands relaxed, and her pace became steady. A mindless smile manifested on her face. She strolled to Nupian, feeling the wonderful bliss surrounding her. She was nearing her heaven, her source of happiness, her security.

As she took a step forward, the heart-shaped insignia manifested on the back of her right palm. Countless flowery symbols crawled under her skin and bound Nupian with her through invisible strings of affection. Inseverable love took root in her heart, germinating into a beautiful flower.

“I remembered now, Nupian.” Iris reached forward, her hands trembling. “You are my protector, my saviour. With you by my side, I will never feel lonely again. With you by my side, no harm will come to me.”

“I swear, with all my heart, I will protect you. As my wife, I shall grant you everything in my power. You’ll be safe, and if you wish so, your friends, too, will be safe.”

Iris tossed away all consideration and leaned forward, trying to hug Nupian.

Outside the house, the colourful clouds dimmed. A piercing noise shattered the peace of the dream world, ringing throughout the plain. The impact ripped a hole into this reality, opening a path for dark purple light and black mist to infiltrate. They flooded the candy grassland, submerged the glassy trees, and consumed the sweet fragrant plants.

An earthquake shook the house, separating Iris and Nupian, though Iris landed unharmed. She felt another presence shrouding her, protecting her innermost thoughts. She opened her eyes, but there was only blackness. It reminded her of something, of the unholy encounter before she returned home.

As she remembered the encounter, her mind wandered to the Cathedral of Deliverance. Her recollection of the Saintess cleared her heart, purging the stuffy feeling in her chest. She now remembered she was sleeping, and this world was a manifestation of her dream, mixed with Nupian’s influence.

“I was so close,” Nupian’s voice echoed. “You’re a treasure that I can’t easily get, but I shan’t feel discouraged. Instead, I’ll increase my effort until I win you over. Please wait for me.”

Iris remained silent. She didn’t want to give Nupian any more chances to get inside her heart. She closed her eyes and concentrated. Her body floated to the sky, passing the layers of clouds, the atmosphere, and into the boundless space. When nothing stretched before her, she opened her eyes.

...

At the coast far east of the Central Continent, a lady in a summer outfit leaned on her white chair. Holding a delicate spoon, she gradually shaved off her ice cream and savoured the sweet coconut milk taste. She tilted her head up and felt the sandy breezes course around her smooth skin, fluttering her straw hat.

She was about to take another bite when she froze, her red eyes flashing. Before long, she, Nupian, placed down her spoon and turned to the ocean, whose body of water guided her to the faraway Eastern Continent.

“Life always brings with it unexpected results,” she said. “You’re the first to slip out of my grasp. But don’t worry. I’m coming for you.”

She got up, grabbed the handle of her pretty suitcase, and walked to the extensive Jewellery Ring Harbour. Along the way, her eyes slowly shifted from one store to another, admiring the shiny gemstones, the exotic fish, and the wooden carving, which she bought the beautiful rose-shaped one.

As one of the biggest harbours of the eastern part of the Central Continent, it housed countless people throughout the day. The young, the adventurous, and the rich strolled on the bridges, passing by each other, minding their business.

Though Nupian was the brightest gem in the Harbour, no one gazed her way. The passersby close to her instinctively diverted from their track, opening a neat, spacious path for her. She soon reached the largest, most extravagant ship on the dock. It boasted handsome, beautiful, efficient workers with a friendly atmosphere and sparkling design.

Though she could waltz in and snatch whichever room she pleased, she patiently waited in the line, holding the ticket which granted her a modest room with minimal service.

After getting her ticket stamped and escorted into her room, she placed her baggage on her bed, and then leaned on the small window, overlooking the flowing ocean, daydreaming about the time when Iris and her reunited.

In only a few months, she would meet Iris again.

...

Iris sat on her bed, her eyes hazy. She slowly processed the dream sequence. Her mind gradually pieced everything into a complete picture, bringing back her clarity. The dream was too vivid, too real. For a moment, she was uncertain of what was a dream and what was reality.

The quietude helped her recollect her thoughts. She got up and went to the balcony. The sun was high up in the sky, sending waves of heat and radiance to Donhalgen. Iris had overslept. She sighed and turned around, staring at her messy bed.

Ludmint had already left for work. To give Iris sufficient rest, she did not wake up Iris and went out silently, though she left a kiss; Iris felt it on her left cheek even though she was dreaming then.

“Ludmint,” Iris mumbled. “In the end, you didn’t do anything to me. I feel honoured but also disappointed.”

Because of Iris’s tired, crestfallen air, Ludmint refrained from acting on her impulses and instead consoled Iris throughout the night. The two remained in each other’s arms, hugging, exchanging their worries and encouragement. Before they slept, Iris took the initiative and kissed Ludmint.

It was an unassuming kiss, one that gave little pleasure, little arousal. Nevertheless, its significance dwarfed all kinds of teasing and plays. This purity transcended mere lust and imprinted itself as a promise.

“Who would have thought that the naughty Ludmint would have blushed and faltered because of a . . . kiss.” Iris smiled. “Iris, you silly girl. You also blushed, didn’t you?”

Iris closed her eyes. Her Corruption Power flowed inside her body, changing its quality. It emerged from her flesh and coated her skin, morphing her air, altering her appearance. Her mind submerged her thoughts and feelings in the sea of memory, where a shadowy yet expressive silhouette of Ludmint dwelled.

Ludmint’s thoughts, manner, air, her everything flooded Iris’s mind. She transformed her meek, shy disposition into the cool, confident one. At that moment, she was no longer Iris but also not Ludmint. She was a combination of both, a mix of love and lust, of mischief and chastity.

“Your body has a peculiar feeling to it,” Iris said. “Your smell, too, has that inviting quality. No wonder I fell for you; you’re such a lovable lady. How many hearts have you swayed and played with?”

While admiring her new figure, Iris pressed her hands on her chest and rubbed her legs together. The smile on her face turned into a smirk. She slowly, softly exhaled a puff of misty air. A fuzzy feeling bloomed in her, a carving she had to satisfy.

“No!” Iris stopped herself. Her body shattered into a rain of slime, which reformed back to her usual humanoid appearance.

Still, the lingering emotions affected her. Her skin was sensitive, her cheeks red. Compared to Ludmint, whose power stood at the top of the Condensation Phase, Iris was a mere Transformation Phase Slime Girl. Had her mimicry been perfect, she might have lost control over her emotions and let Ludmint’s body control her mind.

“Never could I have thought that . . . your body would feel so good.” Iris sighed, expelling the heat in her. “Thankfully, I did not lose control, and Ludmint weren’t here right now. If she caught me at that moment, I might really let her have her way. I wonder how it would feel?”

Maybe Iris needs to explore more. Don't you think so?


Special thanks to my patrons: Jammin' Rabbit, Zeeksi, Linaith!

Like always, you can support me on Patreon, or visit my Discord!

7