03: The Trainer District (1)
500 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

District 10.

More commonly known as the trainer district, was the largest district in Fiore. Roughly 20 percent of the city state was reserved for Pokémon trainers. Despite this, District 10 possessed less buildings than any other districts in Fiore.

Scattered around the Pokémon Centre there were a few buildings which I assumed were residential buildings for trainers. Others looked like research facilities. Farthest away from the station we were currently embarking from I could see Fiore's Pokémon Gym, home of the Gym Leader and special training grounds for the elite trainers.

The rest of the district was filled with outdoor training grounds, split into sections of many kinds of environments in different sizes. Some of the training grounds were occupied by single trainers or groups of trainers with their Pokémon.

I saw various types of energies fly in the air. Rocks hovering momentarily in the air before being flung away. Flaming balls, the size of my head. Torrents of water. Small gusts. Steel wings.

Momentarily, I anticipated the future. My 'inner child' was gushing at the possibilities that I could finally play with 'magic'. Realistically, though, I understood that this was not a game. After all, one should not play with fire, and expect not to get burned.

"This here is our Pokémon Centre. This is where you six will reside in for the foreseeable future. Over the next week, we will help you prepare for your Ordeals. For now, though, you should all head inside and make yourselves at home. Tomorrow you have the day to yourselves. In two days, you will begin your training week." He finished speaking before turning to walk away, but not without gesturing to the trainers to enter the Centre with us.

As we entered the building, we found ourselves in a small room with a large desk at the end. Behind the desk sat a middle-aged woman wearing a trainer badge. "Welcome prospective trainers, to the Pokémon Centre. My name is Selena. I am the night manager of this Pokémon Centre," She said finally, approaching us after she had thanked the trainers who escorted us here. "This Centre will be your new home as you begin your new lives as Pokémon trainers. Follow me and I will show you around."

***

There were six doors leading to other areas. To the right of the Pokémon Centre's entrance was a room filled with computers. Next to each computer was a small machine, each machine having six slots in it. There were already a handful of trainers in the room. A couple of the small machines had one or two pokeballs slotted in which they called the Computer Room. Here, we could access the Net like any other computer as well as possible missions that we were eligible for. The PokeDex app was pretty much a Pokémon encyclopedia which works with small machines.

These small machines were nifty too. Not only could it link up with the app on the computer, it also displayed all the stats of your Pokémon within the Pokeball that was slotted in. It also had a transport feature which allowed trainers to store their Pokémon for future use or to trade and sell. Lastly, it functioned as a healing pod for any injured Pokémon.

Across the Computer Room is the Pokemart. A place that sells basic supplies that trainers need for training Pokémon or going on missions will need. The Pokemart is open each day from 8AM to 5PM. Only under valid reasonings would Selena unlock the Pokemart outside of working hours and let us purchase the required items for missions.

After locking up the Pokemart, she led us to the Lounge. The room was filled with chairs and couches. There were some television sets on the walls and two pool tables at the end. A couple of dart boards were also embedded into the walls. It was open at all hours with the standard rules like no drinking or eating. No fighting (including Pokémon battles). And starting any trouble here or breaking the rules may result into being banned from the Lounge. This was the place to relax in-between missions.

The cafeteria, like the Pokemart, is open from 8AM to 5PM. All trainers were entitled to one free meal a day, and any meals after that was paid out of your own funds. Food and drinks were able to be taken out, but not to the Lounge or the Computer Room.

Back to the front desk, the last two doors on either side lead us to barracks for women and men respectively. Each barrack held dozens of bunk beds for trainers to sleep in. There were storage rooms with lockers as well as a large bathroom for public use. At the end of each barrack were small laundry rooms for cleaning clothes. Thankfully, all trainers were able to use the barracks free of charge.

***

Selena turned to look at us. "This will be your home for the foreseeable future. Tomorrow you all have a day to yourselves to become acclimated to the district. The next five days are for you to prepare for your Ordeals to become official trainers. Work hard to pass your Ordeals. Once you become official trainers you will be eligible to take missions to earn some income for yourselves." She paused. "Take this advice from someone who has been in your shoes. Start taking missions as early as possible and find a room to rent in one of the residential buildings. The Centre barracks are well kept but there is absolutely no privacy here. Most of the rooms for rent are cheap enough for you to afford with the pay of a single low-level mission. It's a small price to pay for some privacy."

She moved behind the desk and picked up six small packs. There were four blue packs and two pink ones. "These ones have some basic supplies for you. A few clothes and some toiletries to get you started. You may contact your families and have them send over some items from your old homes if you wish." She handed each of us a pack and said, "Today has been a long day for you. I know you must be tired or hungry by now. I'll let you get settled in. If any of you want to eat, then stay here. The rest of you may enter the barracks and get some rest."

Albert, Emile, and Caitlyn immediately left the group and entered their respective barracks. Bradley, Vivian, and I chose to remain with Selena. "Well," she said. "Let's get some food in you." She led us back to the cafeteria and motioned us to sit at a table. "I'll be right back," she said as she entered the kitchen. Moments later, she returned with three trays and set them down in front of us. "Once you finish eating, drop off the trays off in the kitchen and leave the cafeteria. I'll lock up afterwards." Selena then left us to our meals and returned to the front desk.

Bradley immediately dug into his meal once we were alone. I stared at the tray in front of me as Vivian began to nibble on her meal. A sandwich, a fruit cup, and a carton of milk. Neither filling nor appetizing.

'Can't even give us a proper BLT sandwich,' I grumbled internally. If this was what entailed a 'free meal' a day, then I dread to think on how I'd survive if I was not self-sufficient in the kitchen department. 

9