Chapter 4
176 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know what they say, third time's the charm. For Billy, he did not want to die again. It was painful, even if it only lasted for a few seconds. Call him a wimp if you must, but talk to him after you have experienced death like he has.

Taking on the first wolf, Billy swung his spear in an arc. The last time he thrust it forward, it got stuck; he would not make the same mistake again, even if it were due to his bad luck that it happened.

The attack was shallow, not cutting the wolf deep enough. The wolf managed to back off in time, but it was still injured. A gash went across its side, and from the whimpering sounds it was making, Billy could tell how much it hurt.

Instead of relishing in this moment, he stayed vigilant, making sure to pay attention to his surroundings. He could not be caught off guard like last time.

Another wolf dashed at Billy, but he sidestepped, causing the wolf to miss him altogether. With a thrust of his spear, he pierced the wolf in the stomach.

The spear tip seemed to slide into the wolf’s body as if it were butter. Although the sight of blood and the feeling that crept up his arm made him want to hesitate, Billy quickly withdrew the spear. This time it did not get stuck.

A slight improvement over his previous life made him proud. With that came confidence.

He planned to leave this area and allow all the others to keep the pack's attention while he escaped. Now, Billy wanted to stay and crush these beasts.

As his hand moved, he twisted the spear and let it pierce another wolf. This was his second kill, causing him to smile a little.

[Gained 1 Point.]

A notification popped up.

This was new, and he never saw this window in his two previous lives. He always died beforehand.

As much as he wanted to look it over, he could not.

There was still much left to do, and when he saw the fifteen wolves in his vicinity, Billy started to panic.

“Billy, help!”

Chang shouted as he rolled to the side, dodging the assault of a wolf.

Hesitating for a second, Billy moved.

Chang could be useful for him, especially considering he was Korean and knew of those two players. Therefore, Billy decided to keep him around for now instead of using him as bait.

As Billy charged forward, his spear pierced the wolf that was attacking Chang.

Quickly getting up off the ground, Chang breathed a sigh of relief.

His eyes scanned the field, noticing that more and more people were dying. If not for Billy, he too would have been a victim. He wished he had a weapon of his own to defend himself with, but seeing how Billy acted, he knew that he would not give him his sword.

One wolf at a time was not a problem for Billy, but more than that was a bit much for him right now. His skills were not up to par.

Seeing that six wolves were approaching the two of them, Billy unconsciously took a step back.

“Retreat!”

Billy commanded as he turned and ran.

Chang was caught off guard, so he was a second slower than Billy. He was young and exercised when he could, so he caught up.

“Where are we going?”

Chang asked.

There was only one place for them to go. Billy could already see it within sight.

There was a line of ten people, all of them holding shields. The silver edges of their guards were touching, creating a shield wall. In front of them were corpses of wolves along with a few dead bodies.

Behind the line of shields were men and women holding swords and spears, waiting for a moment to attack when they saw a chance.

“There! To them.”

Billy said as he could see his way out.

All he needed to do was make it to them in time, and things would be alright.

Chang stayed silent and followed behind.

When the two of them approached, they were not greeted warmly at first. The people holding the shields in formation saw the pack of wolves behind Billy and Chang.

It was not difficult to hold the formation, but after holding up these shields and taking the brute force of the beast's charge, their hands started to get heavy.

Those two were going to bring more to them, which meant their workload had increased.

“Let them by. He has a spear, and he can be added to the DPS unit.”

A Chinese man said he was in his early twenties and could see the potential in another person joining them.

Truthfully, his gaze never left the sword that Billy had. He wondered why Billy was carrying two weapons when he could only use one. It wasn't very smart to him but gave him a chance to obtain some excellent equipment.

All he was doing was staying behind the tanks and giving commands. Sure, he kept them composed, and with him in charge, everything was going smooth. The downside was that he would fall behind.

In a situation like this, he needed to obtain a way to increase his own stats. He refused to fall behind.

Once Billy and Chang were in range, the Chinese man shouted a command.

“Open!”

The people holding the shields made way for Billy and Chang to pass, and once the two of them entered the shield wall, they closed it up.

“Ugh!”

A few men grunted as the wolves crashed into their shields.

“Hold!”

The Chinese man said as he watched the situation.

“Bash!”

With another command, those holding shields thrust their shields forward, knocking them against the wolves.

Their opponent was not the smartest, but they were agile. The wolves tried to rotate around the shield wall but found a slew of people grinning.

“Kill!”

Weapons raised and a cheer, those with melee weapons slashed and thrust their weapons forward. It was overkill, but it got the job done.

One by one, the wolves fell, and with it, hope was ignited within the people.

“We can do this!”

“Hold out for a bit longer.”

Everyone could feel that things were going their way. Soon this would all be over.

Billy himself was tired. This was the most he ran since his high school days. However, knowing that he could gain points from the creatures, he joined the others with weapons.

‘Let them do the hard work. I’ll just leech.’

Billy thought to himself.

How many wolves did one need to kill to gain a stat point? Last time he killed two and got one, but with more people here, it should go by faster.

Would he gain any points for working together with these people, or did he need to be the one who slew the beast to earn the points? This was something he wanted to know.

6