Chapter 18
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Your trait Regressor has unlocked a new privilege.]

[Privilege - Regressor's Memory.]

[Not all is lost in the world. What you have seen, what your body has gone through. Your body recalls it all.]

[Do you want to recall your past life?]

Billy stopped laughing as a notification bell was heard and a transparent blue window appeared before him. This never happened in his previous lives, and honestly he was glad he got a cheat like ability.

Why not accept it? He could obtain all his spear proficiency points and stats that he missed out on.

[You have remembered your last life.]

Billy looked over his stats, it was the same as before he died. Not what he wanted, but he did not get to choose. He was curious how this privilege of his worked and if others also had a privilege.

After obtaining his stats, Billy finally calmed down. He looked at all those around him and noticed he was in the starting room. Except, there was no announcement letting him know this was the tutorial. That man who always said that one phrase when he regressed was now gone.

Instead all he saw were confused people asking questions wondering where they were.

'The door!'

Billy looked off into the distance and saw the black door with a strange symbol. It was unopened.

Rushing forward Billy pushed his way through the crowd. He was not the only one to take notice of the door as he spotted the young man dubbed 'Truth'. Billy was unsure of his real name as Chang did not inform him of that.

Honestly, Billy forgot all about the two famous gamers.

Not too far from Truth was Chen Mao, who went by the name Clips in the gaming community. Behind the two of them were others that were curious as to where the door led.

"Can we open it?"

"What kind of question is that? It's a door isn't it? Of course it opens!"

"Then go ahead and open it."

As curious as people were, none dared to open the door. They were scared of the unknown. Where did this door lead? What was behind it?

They were afraid, but Billy was not. He knew what treasures laid in the room behind the door. He would not let them be wasted on others.

People let him pass, and Billy put both hands on the door as he pushed.

Unlike the grand opening he thought would happen, he was left struggling trying to open the door.

'Why is it so heavy?'

Billy asked himself as he glanced behind him.

"Well, you all going to stand there or what? This is not going to open itself."

A few people were hesitant at first, but came around shortly after. There were twenty people pushing on the door both men and women. All eager to see what was behind it.

Their actions drew the attention of others and it was not long before the black door was the main focus. With a push, the large black door finally opened. Light shone through the door crack and with it, Billy rushed inside.

His eyes scanned the room quickly. It was different. Ten weapons were laid out on a wooden table. Five books were placed on a wooden shelf. Ten different colored pouches were situated on a wooden round table.

'What is this? Why is the room so small?'

This sight was different from what he was used to. However, Billy did not let that distract him from running over to the round table and snatching three pouches.

The first sack he obtained was brown in color, very plain. In it were pills that gave him an increase in points as well as sense and mana. Billy was sure to grab the brown sack, along with a red one and blue one.

Others followed behind him, but before they could ask questions Billy grabbed one of the books and left. He wanted to know what this was.

He caught everyone's attention, but since no one knew what was in the pouches or what the book was, they left him alone. However, his actions caught the attention of the two gamers.

Why did Billy take pouches and a book? There were weapons here. You would have to be dumb to not grab one.

This caused the two of them to ignore the weapons that were on the table. Instead they did the same as Billy.

Billy himself did not see this, he already left the room. People crowded around him asking him what he was holding, how many were in there and more. But, Billy ignored them.

They stopped coming up towards him once he shot a fierce glare at their direction.

Once he was a set distance away, Billy opened the brown sack.

Inside were small pea sized pills, something he was familiar with. There were only ten, but he knew that after consuming ten of them they would be useless.

[Spirit pill has been consumed, obtained 1 point.]

[A strange has entered your body, Qi increased by 1, Perception increased by 1.]

Eating these pills gave Billy a relief. Things would be easier now even if he were to hunt alone.

The next pouch to be opened was the red one. Inside of it Billy only found three red pills. They had a symbol on them, one he was unfamiliar with. Still, he knew what these pills could do so he put it in his mouth.

[Pill of Divine Sunder has been consumed, attack increased by 1, proficiency increased by 1.]

This pill gave him an edge. Increasing his proficiency meant that he would have a better form, his attacks would be stronger and he could unlock more skills. Increasing his attack allowed for more destructive power.

He could not wait to open to blue pouch. Whatever it was had to be amazing.

'Is my luck turning around?'

Billy couldn't help but ask himself as he never had an increase of this amount starting out.

The blue sack only had one pill inside, and it was as large as a grape. The pill was sky blue in color, and there was only one inside.

Billy did not think about it and shoved the pill in his mouth. Swallowing something this large was out of the question so he chewed on it. The pill tasted like bubblegum.

[Pill of calmness has been consumed. Your body has entered a relaxed state.]

All the stress he had vanished. The tense muscles in his body relaxed. Billy could feel the change in his body.

At first he thought he had be scammed since this pill did not directly increase his attributes, but this was ok too.

Finally he could turn his attention to the book. It was a thick book, about the same size as a 'Game of Thrones' novel. The cover was black with gold trimming. No picture, no title.

[Tome of Nothingness.]

A notification appeared as he stared at the book.

"Hello friend."

A voice entered his ear drawing Billy’s attention away from the booklet. When he looked up he saw Chen Mao.

'Why did he grab a book?'

Billy noticed the book in his arms.

"Need something?"

Billy asked him, wondering why he was approaching him. This never happened before, and he got a weird vibe from Chen Mao the last time he encountered him.

"I was curious how you knew to grab those pouches and these books. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing you rush in and grab them without worrying about the weapons, I had a feeling. Have you done this before?"

Billy’s eyes narrowed.

2