Chapter 17: Reality
3.4k 8 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ding! You have awakened the Magic Martial Arts System host. Compensating for 10 years of inactivity.

1,000,000 skill points given , level 5 mage, and level 4 martial artist are unlocked as compensation.

Finally it happened. I have awoken my system!

How long have I waited, about 10 years, this damn this better compensate me.

"System apologizes to host, System guarentees that it will help you to the best of it's abilities from now onwards."

"In that case, put everything into space magic until world hopping is unlocked, then put the rest wherever you see fit System."

"Understood host."

Finally, I'm done with this damn world. Magic is cool, but I miss the internet, modern food, television, and showers. 

I activated the space magic and a vortex to travel to another world formed.

'Goodbye world I won't miss' I thought to myself as I entered the portal.

And then...

I woke up.

In denial, I started saying 'System' and 'Status' until my mouth became parched, but to no avail. I was still stuck in this world where I was as powerless as an ant.

'I swear I'll get revenge on whoever transmigrated me here.' I swore to myself as I got ready. After I got ready I shifted my focus to more relevant topics.

It's been a week since I returned to the mansion. Duke Pendel gave me my monetary reward, 4 big silver coins, the day after I returned.
In this world, there are 5 coins: copper, big copper, silver, big silver, gold, and platinum. Copper is the basic currency unit, 50 copper make a big copper, 2 big coppers make a silver, 50 silvers make a big silver coin, 2 big silvers make one gold coin, and 100 gold coins make a platinum coin. 1 big silver is usually enough for a regular commoner family of 4 to sustain themselves for 3 years. Although this amount might not be worth much for him, for me it's a small fortune.

He also asked if I wanted to exchange getting taught by the instructor for coins, I accepted without hesitation. When I thought about it, everything that instructors would teach would be reliant on mana or ki. If I wanted general training, such as survival training, I could just go to the adventurer guild, which would be far cheaper. Duke Pendell gave me another big silver coin, and 10 silvers, which he said would be the instructor's payment for about 2 years.

After getting the money, I decided to hide it in several different places as a hedge against unexpected events. I kept 5 silver coins on me, I hid 3 big silver coins and 5 silver coins in my room, and I buried the 2 other big silver coins in different places. I knew Duke Pendel had someone monitoring me, so I tried to pretend I was reading while digging the holes. Hopefully, he/she didn't realize what I was doing.

In addition to getting money, something else changed in my life,  Kasa also acted differently. After the day of her outburst, she shut herself in her room studying magic, saying she wanted to leave the academy as fast as possible. This fervent studying was different than anything I've seen, when she studied before, she at least left her room for meals. If I didn't enter to give her meals she probably would've died of hunger. Even if I entered the room and put the meal down on a few books, she didn't even notice I was there.

When this behavior persisted even after we returned to our respective residences, I could confirm that she became like this because of what I said to her that day. It's pretty obvious Kasa has attachment issues stemming from her treatment in this household, but that's all I can make out. I have no clue how to fix it, nor what the future entails. I did realize that I've changed something within her after that night, but I don't know how that change will affect me.

After thinking about it for a few days, I decided to deal with it when I get there, I can't make plans for a future I have no idea about.

At the very least, it looked like she was eating meals again.

Another interesting byproduct of our stay was Kasa's quality of food was now on par to mine.

On the other hand, I haven't gone out of the mansion in the past week, I've been debating what I should do with the money. I no longer need to visit the prison for entertainment, but I also didn't want to waste my money. After debating which restaurant or shop to visit, I made a decision. I'll visit a shop to buy a map. With that in mind, I left the mansion.

 

97