Chapter Eleven
59 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a few days since Xue Yawen had spoken to Lauran about the setup of the studio and as she stood looking around it she couldn’t help but marvel at how perfectly it was done in such a short time. She considered that she might want to snatch Lauran from the old man, her work efficiency could only be called superb.

“Mama look.” The sound of a small milky voice echoed in the large space.

Xue Yawen came back from her thoughts and looked over at Xue He Wen, the little baby walked around the studio with his eyes rounded, the deer-like look could make anyone blush. He was pointing to one of the large canvases in the corner of the room, he was clearly curious about it and even pressed his soft palm on it.

Xue Ya Wen walked over and picked him up, she held him carefully and moved closer to the canvas, “it’s a canvas, you’ve seen mama painting on the smaller ones before. This is a really big one made for big pictures and it will use a lot of paint, I’m thinking of doing a family portrait on it.” The baby tilted his head in confusion and Xue Ya Wen adjusted him so she could take out her phone.

She unlocked it and pulled up an app before swiping through it and stopped on a picture, she showed the screen to He Wen who smiled happily. “This is a picture we took a month after I was adopted by my father, you were still a little baby so you may not remember it.” He Wen reached out and touched the phone screen before he laughed and clapped happily.

“Remember!” His sticky and happy voice echoed again.

Ya Wen slightly tilted her head and looked at him curiously. “You actually remember, this was a long time ago.”

“Garden…play ball…gangan!” Ya Wen arched her brow and then nodded he was right about what happened that day.

The old fox wanted to spend time with them and since she wanted the relationship between the two to be solid she took them out, surprisingly the old man brought them to another estate. It was basically just a place with a small cottage surrounded by an enormous garden and tall fences that blocked the view from outside.

They had spent the day there and the old man seemed to have spent all his energy on just playing with the He Wen so he would grow closer and remember him. It was at the end of the day that they had taken a few pictures, she had seen the few the old man had printed out and put in different places in the mansion.

He had talked to her about having a family portrait painted and she decided that she would do it, in fact even if she had decided to go into art she wasn’t clear on her specific area. But after seeing the images of the three of them and how photogenic they all were even the old man, she figured that no matter what portrait she did it would do so well.

Since then she had begun sketching portraits and doing the color tests on them, so even when the three had been spending time together she would sometimes slip to the side to sketch them. She had many unfinished images of the three of them, but mostly they were all of He-Wen. He had at least one image for each of his growth stages, she wanted to take the time to paint them out and maybe turn them into a series.

Maybe when it was time for the students to hold a gallery of their own during the exam she would put it out, she wanted everyone to see just how precious her He-Wen was. He wasn’t the type of person that should be put in the backdrop or left a spare tire. He shouldn’t be mistreated, in all parts of his life he is supposed to be cared for and cherished by all, and those that have foolish thoughts should stay away or perish.

She took her time to show the little one around and then went over to the large arched window in the studio, the old man stood there his silhouette and cane alighted by the sunlight. She stopped and use her phone to quickly snap a few pictures, apparently, the old man was useful in many other areas besides making things easier.

Okay fine she would consider giving him a series if he continued to be this good, nodding to herself she went over and stood next to him. The old man glanced sideways and looked at her with a smug smile. “What do you think of it, my daughter?”

“I love it, good work father.” The old man chuckled happily and reached out to take He-Wen, the baby looked at his mother who nodded and happily reached out his arms to the old man.

Ya-Wen tilted her head and took a few steps back, she started snapping pictures as she liked and then set her phone down and picked up the camera, it was the same one she had bought when she first arrived. Even if she had the habit of taking quick pictures with her phone, she did use the camera from time to time. She smiled and kneeled slightly, turning the camera in an angle before snapping some pictures, and just like that a mini photoshoot began.

The family of three remained in the studio till a little later, because Yawen wanted to use the time to quickly print out the pictures she had taken. She put them to cool and fought the urge to start sketching before she packed up and headed out the studio with the others. She felt a sense of satisfaction as she twisted the key to lock the door herself, they went down and got in the car that had been waiting on them.

The three decided to go to a congratulatory dinner, they went to an old antique-styled restaurant and ordered a private room. Shin Han came in and set up a small chair for He-Wen and then went out, the old man set him in the chair and Yawen wiped his palms with some baby wipes. Soon the waiter came in and took their orders and not too long after the family of three sat down and had a joyous dinner.

5