Chapter Seventy
83 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Out of all the reactions Nakai had been picturing in his head while waiting for Wang Bao to do something, he never thought Wang Bao would throw a knife at Wang Lei’s head. Although Wang Lei was still oblivious to the sharp object flying towards him, the Giant gently rubbing the dirt from his hands was aware to the flying object, and swiftly caught the dagger by it’s handle. It was only now that Wang Lei realised there was someone else in the backyard, and he turned to see who had thrown a dagger at his head with a dark glare. The Giant also turned to face Nakai, but his gaze was much more playful since he had thought Nakai had thrown the dagger out of friendly banter. However, when Wang Lei turned, he instantly saw Wang Bao standing beside Nakai with a cold face, his black eyes set on his face. The Giant holding the dagger hadn’t seen Wang Bao yet since his stature almost disappeared beside Nakai, and he tossed the dagger back to Nakai with a grin.

 

The only thing running through Wang Bao’s mind when he saw his brother’s face was rage, and when he saw the dagger coming back his way, before Nakai could reach out and grab the weapon, he reached out; catching the blade rather than the handle. As soon as Nakai saw this he tried to pry the dagger out of Wang Bao’s hand, but this only caused Wang Bao’s grip to tighten, and a steady stream of blood began to flow between the gaps in his hand. Nakai was becoming desperate now, but before he could think of a way to pull the dagger out without hurting Wang Bao more, Wang Bao ran forward towards his brother while screeching. When the unknown Giant saw this, he instantly stood in front of Wang Lei, but before Wang Bao could get close enough to fend off, Nakai shouted in a stern voice.

 

“Leave him, Nera.”

 

Although Nera wasn’t wanting to let Wang Lei’s rage-filled brother any closer, he listened quietly to Nakai and stepped away, before making his way to stand beside Nakai. With a clear shot at his brother now, Wang Bao lunged forward with the blade of dagger swiping at Wang Lei’s face, but Wang Lei had now gotten over the shock of seeing his brother, and quickly stepped aside. Wang Bao was quick to react to this though, and he pivoted on his left foot before plunging the dagger towards Wang Lei’s stomach. When Wang Lei had left his brother, Wang Bao had never so much as sparred with anyone, let alone been good enough to fight with a weapon, but now Wang Lei was having to be quick on his toes to make sure he wasn’t stabbed. Once Wang Lei found a break in the attacks, he pushed Wang Bao back a few paces, then said in a slightly tense voice.

 

“My dear Bao, please calm down. I will explain everything to you.”

 

Wang Bao was too angry to make out what Wang Lei was saying to him though, with the gap between them too far for him to jump, Wang Bao threw the dagger once more. Wang Lei hadn’t been expecting this, causing him to be a split second too slow, and when he turned his face, the blade of the dagger sliced against his cheek bone. Much like Wang Bao, Wang Lei was prideful towards his good looks, and when he felt the warm trickling of blood down his cheek, his gaze towards his younger brother darkened. The shock from seeing his brother had completely faded now, and Wang Lei’s mood had turned bitter. Without wasting time trying to converse with Wang Bao, Wang Lei darted forward with quick steps while muttering under his breath.

 

“I guess I’ll need to scold you first.”

 

Nakai might have been a good teacher when it came to Wang Bao learning how to defend himself, but Wang Lei started learning to fight before he could walk properly, and it showed once in his movement when changing into attack mode. Despite being angry at his brother for treating him unkindly, Wang Lei was still clear headed enough to not want to hurt Wang Bao. Every hit that was landed against Wang Bao’s chest and cheeks were open handed, and Wang Lei was pulling his hits to make sure he only used sixty percent of his strength. Had he used his full strength like Wang Bao was, then his brother would have already collapsed to the ground unconscious. Wang Lei’s plan had been to slap Wang Bao a few times to shake some sense into him, but after the fourth slap to his brother’s cheek, Wang Bao wasn’t flinching, let alone calming down. Seeing this caused everyone, including Nera and Nakai, to feel a chill down their spine. Wang Lei wanted to change his tactics now, but once he started to pull away, Wang Bao took the opportunity to hold onto his wrist, pulling it to his mouth before sinking his teeth into Wang Lei’s skin. 

 

The taste of blood filled Wang Bao’s mouth, while his own hand continuously dripped blood down his sleeve. Nakai had been keeping an eye on Wang Bao’s injury throughout the entire fight, and if the fight didn’t end soon, he knew Wang Bao would become dizzy from all of the blood loss. While Wang Lei tried desperately to remove his bloody wrist from his brother’s mouth, Wang Bao used his right foot to kick Wang Lei’s knee, forcing the both of them to collapse to the ground heavily. Now that Wang Bao was straddling his brother's stomach firmly, he started scratching and slapping Wang Lei’s face, at the same time, he screamed without any sense. Once they saw Wang Lei raise his hands to protect himself from the constant attacks raining down on him, both Nera and Nakai couldn’t let the fight go on any longer, and they rushed over to pull Wang Bao away from Wang Lei. However, before they could take one step forward, Wang Bao’s loud screaming cut out, and he collapsed onto Wang Lei’s chest limply. 

 

As soon as Wang Lei felt Wang Bao’s body collapse onto him, he sat up and leaned Wang Bao back in order to pat his cheeks, hoping to wake his brother up. Seeing Wang Bao collapse, Nakai also moved faster, and without thinking, he pulled Wang Bao out of Wang Lei’s arms. Nera was barely a step behind Nakai, and helped Wang Lei up from the ground, but he was swiftly pushed away since Wang Lei wanted to get his brother back. With a dark voice and glare, Wang Lei looked at Nakai while saying.

 

“Let go, Nakai. I’ll take care of him.”

 

Without caring whether his words would hurt Wang Lei, Nakai replied with an equally dark aura while pulling Wang Bao closer to his chest.

 

“You don’t know anything, Lei. Look at where your protection has put him. Does his current situation look good to you?”

 

After listening to what Nakai had said, Wang Lei was aware of the truth laced within the cold remarks, but he couldn’t bear to hear it right now, and he opened his mouth to say something back. However, before any bickering could start, Nera stepped between both men and spoke in a calm voice.

 

“You two can fight later, let’s get Bao to a hospital first.”

 

With a scoff, Nakai picked Wang Bao’s body up to carry him back to the front of the house, not bothering to see if Nera or Wang Lei were following or not. Before Nakai could round the corner, he called over his shoulder to Nera, speaking in a cold voice. 

 

“Give me your keys, I’ll drive.”

 

After placing Wang Bao on the back seat of Nera’s sedan, Nakai walked around to the driver's side. Wang Lei was right on his heels, and swiftly slipped into the back seat to cradle his brother’s head, while Nera sat in the passenger's seat beside Nakai. Nera’s door had barely closed when Nakai started speeding down the empty road. As Nakai raced towards the hospital in the heart of the large island, Nera made a phone call to inform the Doctor of Wang Bao’s condition. By the time Nakai came to a sudden stop in front of the emergency entrance at the hospital, Wang Bao was beginning to mumble to himself while still unconscious. No one could make out what was being said, but it didn’t make Nakai feel any better about Wang Bao’s condition. Despite already planning to bring Wang Bao to the hospital after meeting with Wang Lei, he didn’t think Wang Bao would suddenly turn violent and collapse. Before Nakai could properly pull Wang Bao out of the car, a team of four nurses greeted them with a stretcher. Once Wang Bao was situated on the bed, he was quickly pushed inside towards the private section in the hospital. 

 

Because Nakai had built the island into what it was, private treatment was guaranteed with every service; this went for people close to him as well. With quick steps, the small hospital team pushed Wang Bao through the entrance before turning towards a private elevator. Close behind them were Nakai, Wang Lei and Nera. The three worried men were able to follow Wang Bao up to the private section of the hospital, but when they tried to follow the hospital staff into the room that had been set up for Wang Bao’s examination, the doors were quickly closed in their faces. Seeing this, both Nakai and Wang Lei were tempted to kick the doors down, but before they could turn to violence, the Doctor Nera had spoken on the phone with stepped out. Compared to other Giants, the Doctor was much smaller as he was only a few centimetres taller than Wang Lei, while his aged skin was much lighter than Nera or Nakai since he spent most of his time in the hospital. Seeing both Wang Lei and Nakai glaring at him with dark eyes, made the Doctor swallow hard and his sweat began to show through his green scrubs, but he forced himself to remain calm as he explained the situation.

 

“Hello, we haven’t met before your highness. I am Doctor Kanui. From what I was told on the phone, Mr Wang’s condition is quite fragile right now. We will need to run some tests before anyone can see him. The blood tests shouldn’t take long, and if everything looks okay, you should be able to see Mr Wang within an hour or two.”

 

Although Wang Lei and Nakai wanted to go against Doctor Kanui and enter the room, they weren’t given the chance to get a single word in, since the Doctor shut the doors in their face, just like the nurses had done. Behind them, Nera was already sitting on the stiff hospital chairs lining the large waiting room. With a deep sigh, both Nakai and Wang Lei took the empty seats on either side of Nera. The three men sat in silence for a long time, watching as various nurses came and went from the room Wang Bao was in. It wasn’t until the first hour had passed that Wang Lei could no longer keep his silence, and he leaned forward to see past Nera, before saying to Nakai with a sour face.

 

“Why are you with Bao? I left him in the hands of the Liu brothers, he would have been safe in the palace until my return, yet you took him out and brought him here! Not to mention, you’re sleeping with him?!”

 

Because Wang Lei was trying hard to keep his voice down, his face was beginning to turn a deep shade of red, and the veins in his neck began to pulsate visibly. Nakai didn’t care if Wang Lei was upset or not, and he leaned forward as well before replying with a dark voice.

 

“I’m honestly surprised that you were chosen to be King, Lei. You may not have been able to bring your brother with you when running away, but how could you think of leaving him in that shithole? You knew what your Mother was doing, how could you not think she would continue to abuse him without you there. Not only this, but she has now issued a warrant for his arrest under your name, with the reasoning of treason.”

 

Wang Lei thought Nakai was planning on saying something snarky, but instead he was given a slap in the face with the consequences of his actions. Since there was nothing he could say in return, Wang Lei silently leaned back in his chair with a solemn expression. Nera, who had been caught literally in the middle between the two, sighed tiredly before turning to Nakai. Attempting to keep the peace once more, Nera whispered to Nakai softly.

 

“Take it easy, these past months have been hard for him. Once Bao is okay, we’ll go back to the cottage and discuss the plan to deal with Lei’s Mother.”

 

The silence from earlier quickly returned after Nakai scoffed at Nera’s kindness, and his dark stare shot back to the doors. During their short discussion, Nakai had noticed more people rushing into the room with a machine of some form, but he wasn’t sure what the machine was. His lack of knowledge on Wang Bao’s condition was beginning to not only anger Nakai, but bring him unwanted anxiety as well. Before the tense silence could linger on too long, the Giant Doctor from earlier burst out from the room he had been working in, his face was both red and sweaty from the obvious anger he was feeling. Before anyone could ask what was going on, Doctor Kanui pointed his finger in Nakai’s face, before asking with a tight jaw.

 

“Was it you, my Highness?! Was it you who did this?”

 

Both Nera and Wang Lei were left confused and speechless, while Nakai felt his heart sink to the ground heavily. Before speaking with Doctor Kanui, Nakai stood up since he didn't like how the Doctor was talking down to him. Seeing Nakai’s nonchalance only ticked off the Doctor’s anger even more though, causing him to mutter profanities under his breath. Despite hearing every dirty word directed at him, Nakai forced himself to remain calm, and asked the Doctor outright.

 

“Is Wang Bao pregnant?”

 

At first Doctor Kanui was taken aback by Nakai’s bluntness, but after a few seconds, he reluctantly nodded his head. Now that the truth was out, Doctor Kanui wanted to discuss Wang Bao’s current condition, but he was barely able to take another shaky breath when Wang Lei punched Nakai in the side of the head. Unlike Wang Bao, who could barely bruise Nakai’s arm if he hit it enough times, Wang Lei was a trained soldier, and his punch was so hard it forced Nakai to hold onto the wall in order to steady himself. However, Wang Lei wasn’t satisfied with only hitting Nakia once, and he lunged forward to start beating Nakai as hard as he could. Although Nakai knew he deserved the current treatment from Wang Lei, he wasn’t about to let himself be turned purple and blue, and he quickly shoved Wang Lei away from him. Nera, who was torn between stopping Wang Lei or helping him, quickly pulled Doctor Kanui away in time to stop Wang Lei from crashing into him. Since the fight was bound to get out of hand and disturb whoever else was on this floor, Nera was quick to hold Wang Lei back before he could launch himself at Nakai again. Despite being held back by a Giant, Wang Lei struggled with all of his might while shouting at Nakai.

 

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Nakai?! Do you hate me so much that you would do this to my little brother? What sort of fucked up revenge is this?!”

 

Usually Nera would play the mediator between Wang Lei and Nakai since they could never agree on anything, but hearing what Wang Lei had said caused Nera to think of something he didn’t want to believe, and he pushed Wang Lei to stand behind him before asking Nakai in a low voice.

 

“Did you do this on purpose, Nakai?”

 

If this question had been asked when he had first met Wang Bao, then he would have openly admitted his screwed up revenge plan, but after falling for Wang Bao and admitting his wrong doings, the ideas he had before only offended him. When Wang Lei had been hitting him, Nakai had been holding back, but now that Nera was the one facing him, Nakai’s face darkened. Stepping forward, Nakai whispered to Nera in a low voice that was laced with bitterness.

 

“What the fuck do you take me for, Nera?”

 

Doctor Kanui, who had been blocked by both Wang Lei and Nera couldn’t take any more bickering or fighting, but when he tried to diffuse the tension, his voice went unheard. In front of the Doctor, Nera suddenly shoved Nakai’s shoulder with a rough hand, before rebutting with a louder, yet equally dark voice.

 

“Don’t try to fool me, Nakai. I know you better than anyone, and I’m fully aware of the fucked up thoughts that pollute your head when your pissed off.”

 

There was nothing Nakai could say against Nera’s words, and the silence between everyone was equally as loud as the shouting that had been going on. Before the tension could grow anymore, the door to Wang Bao’s room slowly opened as Wang Bao peeked out into the waiting area. His face appeared gaunt and pale, and when he spoke to catch everyone’s attention, his voice was raspy.

 

“Is everything okay, Nakai? I heard shouting.”

 

When Wang Lei heard his own brother call out someone else’s name, he couldn’t stop an intense bitterness welling up in his chest, almost giving him heartburn. There was no denying that Wang Bao was mad at Wang Lei, and he didn’t want to deny Wang Bao of his emotions either, but after being separated for so long, Wang Lei wished that their reunion had been a little warmer. Once Nera saw the way Wang Bao was looking at Nakai, he also couldn’t deny that there were deep feelings between the two, and he stepped away from Nakai calmly. As soon as Doctor Kanui saw everyone had calmed down enough to properly listen to him, he let out a long tired sigh and wiped his sweaty brow, before saying to everyone. 

 

“Let’s go inside, there are many things to discuss.”

 

Looking as if he had aged twenty years, Doctor Kanui led everyone to Wang Bao’s room while also ushering Wang Bao back to bed. Once in the large room, Nakai sat on one side of Wang Bao, while the Doctor took the other side that had a large screen and desk, this meant Wang Lei and Nera were forced to sit at the end of the bed; leaving Wang Lei with even more bitterness. With everyone situated and listening, Doctor Kanui turned his screen on, then brought up a series of ultrasound pictures. No one aside from him could make out the images, but they didn’t need to wait long before the Doctor started explaining things. While speaking, Doctor Kanui made sure to look at Wang Bao, since he was unaware of the situation.

 

“When you came in earlier, Mr Bao, we were aware of the blood loss and violent state you had entered. To find out what could have potentially caused the violence, my team ran some blood tests, but we were not expecting to find what we did. I am not sure what Prince Nakai had told you about Giants and their biology, but…There is currently a foetus inside of your body.”

 

Out of everything Wang Bao thought had been wrong with him, he had never considered pregnancy being on the list. Nakai had told him so many times that this was a possibility between them, but he had refused to believe him every time. Now he was faced with the fact that male body pregnancy was possible, not only between Giants, but between Giants and humans. The news was a big shock for Wang Bao to absorb. He took a few seconds to try and get his thoughts straight, but he couldn’t get his heart to stop thumping against his chest rapidly. Before the strained silence could carry on too long, Wang Bao slowly turned to look at Nakai, who was already staring at him with a tense stare, and said with a surprisingly light tone.

 

“I guess you weren’t lying then.”

 

The short sentence was enough to calm a small portion of Nakai’s growing anxiety. Nakai quickly refrained from rolling his eyes, and replied to Wang Bao with a light scoff.

 

“I told you enough times.”

 

At the end of the bed, Wang Lei could only drop his head into his hands. All he wanted to do was beat Nakai until he was no longer breathing, as well as shake his brother until his brain started working again. Doctor Kanui could sense the tension in the room begin to thicken again, and he quickly started pointing to his screen where the new womb inside Wang Bao’s body was, while he explained.

 

“Let’s carry on then. This large round section is your uterus, something the male body typically won’t have. The surrounding shapes are your organs, and they have been forced upward thanks to the large foetus growing inside of the womb. Now, this womb was only capable of growing because of Prince Nakai’s semen, but this doesn’t mean that your body hasn’t contributed to the growth as well. What a lot of people don’t understand about male Giant pregnancy, is that it’s only rare because the host body has to accept the growth of the uterus in order for it to fully form. There have been cases where some male Giants are only able to grow partial uterus’ because their bodies weren’t willing to develop the organ to maturity. Now, I can’t say that I have any experience with Giant and human pregnancies, but I have enough experience between both races. However, before we go into what you should expect or any concerns to watch out for, I need to know a few things since we have no true way of telling how far along you are. If you can remember, roughly how long have you been having sex with Prince Nakai?”

 

Had it just been himself, Nakai and Doctor Kanui, then Wang Bao would have felt more comfortable speaking about the current topic, but since Wang Lei and Nera were listening seriously as well, it made Wang Bao’s thoughts turn to mush. All Wang Bao could stutter out as a response was that he didn’t know, leaving Nakai to answer seriously.

 

“Six months roughly. The first few times were penetrative though.”

 

Both Wang Lei and Nera looked at each other with a stiff expression, since they were well aware of how many months had passed since the make-believe war had been settled. Out of everyone in the room, Doctor Kanui remained the calmest, and he confirmed with Nakai that the first few times had included ejaculation inside of Wang Bao, before doing a quick calculation. Once the Doctor read over his notes on previous male Giant pregnancies, his eyes bulged from surprise, and when he spoke his voice was suddenly significantly higher.

 

“Wait…Six months? That doesn’t make sense.”

 

In order to show everyone why he was so surprised, Doctor Kanui brought up multiple ultrasound images from a study; the study had been about tracking uterus growth in male Giants in the hopes of further understanding a Giants biology. No one aside from the Doctor fully understood what was being shown on the screen, but they didn’t need to wait long for Doctor Kanui to start explaining.

 

“In this study we found that the average time a uterus takes to grow inside of a male Giant is between one and two years, and I’m talking about a uterus that is mature enough to grow a foetus. However, your uterus is half that age, and already has a sizable foetus growing inside. Now unlike female bodies, male bodies aren’t prepared for growing a child, let alone giving birth. And although we can run further tests to check the health of your uterus, I feel inclined to inform you that you do have the chance to terminate the foetus. Although big, the foetus is still within acceptable human range for termination. If you choose to, we can terminate today or when you feel more comfortable. However, if you choose to keep the foetus, we will need to have a discussion on what will most likely happen to your body, as well as wait to see if your body can handle taking on such a difficult task. This is a big decision, so I will give you and Prince Nakai some time to discuss things.”

 

Doctor Kanui didn’t waste time as he quickly stood up from his chair, leaving the room. Although reluctant, Wang Lei allowed Nera to pull him out of the room as well, leaving Nakai and Wang Bao to process everything they had been told in the short amount of time. Ever since Doctor Kanui started talking about uterus maturity, Nakai’s gaze had been glued to the lino floor. Beside him, Wang Bao was busy staring at his hands. Wang Bao would be lying if he said he wasn’t scared, or that there wasn’t a small percentage of him that wanted to terminate the foetus right now, but when he looked over at Nakai and saw the feelings he was trying desperately to hide, it caused Wang Bao to stumble over the decision. After watching Nakai for a while, and realising the Giant wasn’t going to look at him, Wang Bao held out his hand while calling out Nakai’s name. From the single word alone, Wang Bao saw a slight change in Nakai’s expression. He could see Nakai was scared about what he was wanting to say, but right now, Wang Bao only wanted Nakai to look at him. Trying one more time, Wang Bao quietly called out Nakai’s name. When Nakai finally looked up, Wang Bao gave him a small smile before patting the empty space on the bed. Without hesitating, Nakai sat beside Wang Bao’s leg. Once Nakai was beside him, Wang Bao wanted to start discussing things, but Nakai quickly beat him to it. When speaking, Nakai’s strong gaze bore into Wang Bao’s soul, while his voice was hushed.

 

“I told you before that I won’t blame you, Wang Bao. Whether we have children or not, I’m not going anywhere.”

 

Wang Bao was fully aware that Nakai didn’t want him making a decision out of fear of losing him, and the fear of Nakai walking away to start a family with someone who was more willing was something that Wang Bao didn’t want to admit to having, but he also couldn’t allow Nakai to keep lying to himself. With his non bandaged hand, Wang Bao held Nakai’s hand tightly, before saying in a calm voice.

 

“I know you would never blame me for making a decision that’s in my best interest, but I don’t believe that you don’t want a family, Nakai. The way you are with Rara, Luka and Mika proves just how  much you want to be a father, I think you would probably be an amazing one too.”

 

When Nakai heard that Wang Bao had been able to see through his mask and into his deepest desires, he couldn’t help but feel a little emotional. His entire life had been mapped out by his parents including having a family, and maybe because he wanted to be able to choose his own path, Nakai had started lying to himself that he wasn’t in need of something like that. However, now that Wang Bao was sitting beside him with a baby growing inside of his body, Nakai desperately wanted to beg Wang Bao to keep it. Out of everyone he had met in his life, there were only a few people that could break the facade Nakai tried hard to portray, but no one had ever been able to expose such a raw and open side of Nakai. The feeling of having his thoughts and desires out for everyone to see was daunting for Nakai, causing him to feel overwhelmed and turn away from Wang Bao, in the hopes of regaining his composure. But Wang Bao wasn’t going to let him lie any longer. With his eyes cast towards the floor again, Nakai felt Wang Bao’s hand tighten around his own hand, causing a waterfall of words to tumble out of Nakai’s in a shaky voice.

 

“I’m scared, Wang Bao…I couldn’t bear to have you hate me for what I’ve done to your body, or force you to raise a baby that you don’t want. You’re right, I want a family and kids to raise, but I would never blame you for saying no. You’re my anchor, Wang Bao. Without you in my life, I wouldn’t have anything left to keep me grounded.”

 

The shakiness in Nakai’s voice paired with the words coming out of his mouth was enough to form tears in Wang Bao’s eyes, and he couldn’t speak. Had he found out six months earlier that he was pregnant, then Wang Bao would have demanded a termination without letting the doctor give them time to think things over, but Wang Bao was finding those words harder and harder to say with every passing day that he was with Nakai. The walls Wang Bao had put up to stop himself from repeating history were slowly crumbling, leaving him confused on what he actually wanted for his future. Instead of trying to force an answer out of himself in the moment, Wang Bao sat up a little more and leaned against Nakai’s arm.

 

The private room itself was a little cold for Wang Bao since he was only wearing a hospital gown, but the warmth he felt from Nakai’s arm was enough to stop any goosebumps appearing. While Wang Bao leaned against Nakai silently, he looked over his palm that was covered in gauze. The surprise pregnancy had caused the fight he had had with his brother to be forgotten by Wang Bao, but now he was able to remember bits and pieces of what had happened. Not only had he caused himself an injury on his palm, but he had given Wang Lei multiple injuries. Despite not wanting to talk to his brother right now, Wang Bao couldn’t help but feel a little guilty over his actions. Looking to be comforted, Wang Bao tapped his forehead against Nakai’s arm a couple times before saying quietly.

 

“You didn’t ask if my hand was okay.”

 

When Nakai turned to look at Wang Bao’s hand, Wang Bao was already holding it in front of his face to look over. There wasn’t much to see thanks to the thick layer of gauze, but Nakai could see the area was a little red and swollen. Taking a hold of Wang Bao’s wrist gently, Nakai asked whether it hurt before blowing over the gauze lightly.

 

With a small smile, Wang Bao shook his head, causing Nakai to scoff at his want for attention. Now that they had both calmed down a little, Nakai wanted to get back to the topic at hand, but before he could, Wang Bao started talking in a soft voice. 

 

“A while ago, I read a series of books on palm reading. Since the cut on my hand goes through my fate line, do you think my fate has changed?”

 

There had been plenty of times where Wang Bao had left Nakai speechless, and this was one of those times. Nakai had never believed in fate or palmistry, but he disagreed that Wang Bao’s fate would change nonetheless. After his question was answered, Wang Bao smiled softly before pulling Nakai’s hand into his lap, inspecting the faint and obvious lines carefully. Every now and then, Wang Bao would compare Nakai’s palm with his own, until he reached a conclusion. While Wang Bao continued to hold onto Nakai’s hand, he looked up at Nakai with a genuine smile then said.

 

“I guess we’ll keep it then.”

 

While Wang Bao had been inspecting his palm, he didn’t think much of it, and let Wang Bao play however he wanted, but he didn’t think that there was a plan behind Wang Bao’s oddity. Once again, Nakai was stunned to the point of being speechless, leaving Wang Bao to explain his thinking. While speaking, Wang Bao held his own hand up for Nakai to see, and pointed to the faint vertical lines underneath the bottom crease of his pinky.

 

“These faint marks are child lines, we both have two in the same spot with the exact same connective line. That means we’re destined to have two children together. It’s no use getting rid of one, if I’m going to end up having two in the future.”

 

Nakai was still finding it hard to believe Wang Bao was wanting to keep the foetus growing inside of him, all he could contribute to the conversation was a silly smile. Seeing Nakai like this made Wang Bao’s heart flutter, but there was no ignoring the slight fear he still had about the baby. Since Wang Bao had made his decision, he figured it would be best to be honest with Nakai.

 

“I’m scared about being a parent, and potentially messing everything up, but just trust me. I’m going to try my best, okay?”

 

The only answer Nakai wanted to give Wang Bao was a deep kiss, but before he could move a single muscle, Wang Lei burst through the door with a dark expression. It was obvious he had been eavesdropping the entire time, and he stared at Wang Bao wildly while shouting.

 

“You’re leaving your life up to some stupid book about palm reading?! I only bought you that book so you would stop rambling about the way animals mate!” 

 

Before Wang Lei could direct his shouting at Nakai, Nera stepped behind him and gently nudged him into the room, with Doctor Kanui following shortly after. Although Nakai needed to get back to his seat in order for the Doctor to discuss the foetus, the only thing on Nakai’s mind was that Wang Bao would not only be having one baby, but that there was going to be a second one in the future. It wasn’t until Wang Bao poked his cheek repeatedly that Nakai returned back to reality, and quickly sat in his seat beside the bed. As soon as everyone was focused, Doctor Kanui brought up the images of Wang Bao’s womb before saying.

 

“Okay, since you have decided to keep the foetus, let’s discuss foetal size. In human terms, your foetus measures to be about 15 weeks, but in Giant terms, it’s roughly only six weeks, eight at the most. Because I have no knowledge of any other male human pregnancy by a Giant, I would prefer you to come in every week for a scan, that way we can properly track the growth of the foetus. Now when it comes to the point of actually giving birth, we will be doing a Caesarean, that is something I can’t accept another option for. Whether or not your baby is closer to human size, the baby will be big. Lastly, after every scan I would recommend we do a massage around your stomach and back since your body is going to be expanding quicker than a regular female, which could cause extreme back aches.”

 

As soon as Wang Bao heard this, he thought back to how he struggled to walk because of his severe back pain, and he quickly agreed. Despite accepting that he was going to be a father with Nakai, and that there was a foetus growing inside of him, Wang Bao did have some reservations towards the pregnancy itself, and he couldn’t help but ask in a quiet voice.

 

“Will this mean I will start to show?... I mean, will my belly grow bigger?.”

 

As Doctor Kanui answered Wang Bao’s question, he pulled on a fresh pair of gloves and grabbed a bottle of ultrasound lube to help with the massage.

 

“The amount of belly show does depend on the body. Before we did a blood test, I was curious as to why someone so skinny would have a small bump between their hip bones, especially since you were lying flat on your back, males typically don’t have this since they don’t have a uterus. The blood test then confirmed you had high levels of the pregnancy hormone which pushed us to triple check with the ultrasound. After the massage, you’ll be able to go back home and rest, but you should know that your belly will continue to grow, even if it’s only a little bit.”

 

Out of everything that was to come with pregnancy, this was something Wang Bao didn’t want to experience, but there was nothing he could do about it. The entire experience of finding out about the foetus felt surreal, and he began to wonder if there really was another life growing inside of him. The images on the screen were said to be of the uterus his body had grown thanks to Nakai, but because he had been unconscious at the time, he wasn’t able to experience seeing the foetus. To stop himself from falling down a rabbit hole of anxious thoughts, Wang Bao turned to Nakai, who was still shocked over having a child. The wide eyed expression on Nakai’s face was enough to make Wang Bao smile, and he knew that if Nakai was beside him, he would be able to overcome his fears.

 

Since no one was paying attention to him again, Doctor Kanui cleared his throat before pointing towards Nera and Wang Lei, who had been silently listening with serious faces. Doctor Kanui wouldn’t have allowed so many people in the room to begin with, but since Nakai and Wang Bao showed no signs of wanting them out, he had let them stay. Now that he was needing to perform a more intimate procedure, Doctor Kanui told them to hit the road. This news was close to setting off Wang Lei again, but when he felt Nera rub between his shoulder blades, he held his tongue and stood up. With Nera on his heels, Wang Lei looked at his baby brother with an expression that was hard to read. There were so many things he wanted to say, but was struggling with forming even one word. In the end, Wang Lei couldn’t bring himself to say anything, and he left the room without saying goodbye. Before stepping out as well, Nera said to Nakai in a light voice.

 

“Once you’re done here, take the car back home. I’m going to get Wang Lei’s wounds checked over, then we’ll walk home. Some fresh air will help calm him down.”

 

When Wang Bao heard that Wang Lei hadn’t gotten his wounds checked over yet, it made his heart heavy, and he felt incredibly guilty for what he had done. These thoughts didn’t have the chance to linger though, as Doctor Kanui started lowering his bed to lay completely flat. After opening the loose fitting hospital gown, Wang Bao suddenly realised Nakai and Erin had been going easy on him with their massage techniques. The lube was able to help with moving the Doctors hands over his skin, but whenever Doctor Kanui would come across a knot in Wang Bao’s muscles, he would work the area until it was nice and supple. In the end, Wang Bao could only squeeze Nakai’s hand with all of his strength as he forced himself to not faint.

3