Chapter One Hundred & Fourteen
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Wang Bao couldn’t believe they had been sitting here for almost four hours and it had taken him this long to notice something was off. Wang Bao swiftly helped Tomi to stand, but once they were both standing, the real pain kicked in for Tomi and he tried to sit back down while shouting in pain. Wang Bao had never been on the other side of birth and he clung to Tomi’s waist while looking around.

 

“Wait here!”

 

Wang Bao ran back into his old room and pulled a chair to the garden area, the chair had no wheels but Wang Bao had a plan and he helped Tomi to sit. Before moving Tomi, Wang Bao pulled his phone out and called Nakai, unfortunately Wang Bao and Tomi were the only ones in the palace since everyone else had gone out to the city to take the kids for a day out. Nakai answered on the first ring and could hear the panic in his voice.

 

“Everyone needs to hurry back, Tomi is having the baby and I-I don’t know what to do. Where do I take him?”

 

“We’re coming back now, take him to the medical area if he can walk, if not then call for help.”

 

Nakai hung up as soon as he was done talking and Wang Bao wanted to scream. Behind him, Tomi gave a guttural groan while leaning forward that was followed by the sound of water spilling. When Wang Bao turned around he saw Tomi’s water had broken. Wang Bao ran to crouch in front of Tomi and saw tears were spilling from his eyes before a closed mouth scream came out of him. Wang Bao patted Tomi’s leg gently before running to the back of the chair, fear in every being of his body.

 

“Don’t worry Tomi, I’ll get you to the medical centre.”

 

Wang Bao gently leaned the chair back and started dragging Tomi, when they had arrived inside, Tomi leaned back and his face turned red, Wang Bao put the chair down flat in time for Tomi to lean forward and vomit. Once his stomach was empty, Tomi slid off the chair and kneeled over the coffee table. Wang Bao quickly ran out of the room to the bathroom, returning with towels to tidy up the mess. As Wang Bao covered the vomit with multiple layers of towels, Tomi’s hoarse voice caught his attention.

 

“I think the baby is coming out.”

 

Huh? We’re not at the medical centre yet, can you hold it a little longer.”

 

Tomi shook his head while tears and vomit covered his face, Wang Bao forgot about the vomit completely and knelt beside Tomi in time to hear him let out a cry while leaning his head against the cold wood.

 

“I’m scared~”

 

“It’s okay, I’m here.”

 

Wang Bao threw his eyes around the room to search for his phone he misplaced but couldn't see it, when he stood up to go find it, Tomi clung to his hand painfully, his voice sounding strangled.

 

“Don’t go anywhere, this baby is coming out now!”

 

Tomi pulled at his pants to get them off shamelessly and Wang Bao decided to help him since it would be best to see how much time they had, Wang Bao helped Tomi pull everything off below the waist and he saw something he had never seen before. Tomi let out a strangled scream while his body was still leaned over the table and the top of the baby’s head was coming out whether they were ready or not.

 

“Ah, it’s really coming out of you.”

 

“Do something~”

 

Wang Bao reached over and pulled the towels that weren’t covered in vomit under Tomi before readjusting his body so that he was directly behind Tomi’s back. Wang Bao forced his mind to switch into a calmer state before talking to Tomi from behind.

 

“When you feel the next contraction, push as hard as you can.”

 

“I can’t~”

 

Tomi was sobbing again as he shook his head, Wang Bao simply rubbed the man’s back before shoving the sofa behind him away so he could get a better look. Before another contraction could start, Wang Bao helped Tomi get into a squat position before ordering him again calmly.

 

“You need to push. The pain will be gone once the baby is out.”

 

Tomi wanted to say he didn’t believe Wang Bao but another contraction cut his words off and he screamed in pain again, Wang Bao reminded him to push quickly and soon the face of the baby was visible, Wang Bao could feel he had gone pale but stayed focused. Tomi pushed again but didn’t shout this time as he forced all of his energy into giving birth. Wang Bao’s voice called over to Tomi as he cheered him on.

 

“The baby’s almost out, one more push…...almost there, keep going~”

 

Suddenly the cries of a baby filled the room and Wang Bao held the screaming child in his hands, Tomi slumped against the table in front of him with a sense of relief, he felt as if all his energy and soul had just left his body. Wang Bao laughed breathlessly as he brought the baby around to Tomi, being careful of the cord that still connected them. 

 

“Tomi, here.”

 

There was no response and Wang Bao thought he needed time to catch his breath but Wang Bao suddenly felt something pool around his knees. With The baby still screaming, Wang Bao looked down and saw a puddle of blood underneath the both of them. 

 

“Tomi! Can you hear me?”

 

Tomi gave out a weak hum but couldn’t lift his body, Wang Bao looked down at the screaming baby in his arms with panic since the umbilical cord was still attached along with the placenta. With careful hands, Wang Bao wrapped the baby in a throw blanket that was draped over the sofa. With the baby wrapped up snugly, he placed them down on the table beside Tomi before running around to find his phone. Tomi used the last of his strength to turn his head and looked at the child that had just come out of him, smiling in disbelief.

 

“You look like your daddy.”

 

Wang Bao looked outside and found his phone sitting on the ground, he quickly made a call with bloody fingers to the doctors before running back inside, once the call was made he threw the phone to the side and pushed the bloody towels into Tomi’s crotch, hoping to slow the bleeding somehow. Tomi was still looking at the child that was no longer screaming but his face had grown paler, almost on the verge of being blue. Wang Bao could feel his entire body trembling from fear and when he spoke, his voice was also shaky.

 

“It’s okay, Tomi, I called for help. You just need to stay awake.”

 

Tomi’s eyes slowly started to close as he mumbled out.

 

“I’m tired~....and cold…..I want..Xei~”

 

“He’s coming, Xei is coming.”

 

Wang Bao could feel the towels in his hands were dripping with blood but he still kept them pressed against the bleeding area. When he saw Tomi’s eyes close completely, he shouted at him to stay awake but there was no response. There were tears streaming down Wang Bao’s face as he shouted at Tomi when a group of medics rushed into the room. Two nurses came to Wang Bao’s side and tried to remove his hands from the area but Wang Bao pushed them away with his shoulders.

 

“No, he’s bleeding, y-you can’t move these o-or he’ll.”

 

“It’s okay, the other nurse will give him some blood and a little something to slow the bleeding, I need to check down there though to see what’s happening.”

 

The nurse that hadn’t explained things to Wang Bao gently took him to the side so he could calm down. Wang Bao’s body was coated in blood but he didn’t care as he watched a group of people surround Tomi and the baby. Wang Bao was still shaking with tears running down his face when Wang Xei burst through the door. When he saw the bloody scene in front of him, his body hurled forward, shouting as he was blocked off.

 

“Tomi! What happened, what did you do to him?!”

 

Behind the nurses that struggled to keep Wang xei back, more nurses were giving Tomi a bag of blood in each arm, the umbilical cord was swiftly cut and his body laid on the ground while they did their best to stop the bleeding. A nurse's voice rang out over the shouts of Wang Xei and the words stopped all of Wang Xei’s movements.

 

“He’s dropping! I need the bed and air. If we don’t move, we’ll lose him.”

 

Just as Tomi was being wheeled out of the room, Nakai came in along with Wang Lei and Nera. They instantly stopped once they saw all the blood. Wang Xei was standing in front of the huge mess that had been left behind when a timid nurse came over, holding the baby.

 

“Your Majesty, your daughter…”

 

Wang Xei’s body was pale but his eyes were dark as he turned to stare the nurse down, when he opened his mouth his voice was filled with rage.

 

“Get that thing away from me! If he dies, then I want her sent away!”

 

“Wang Xei!”

 

Behind him, Wang Lei shouted his name and Wang Xei turned around, his chest moving quickly as he breathed heavily. When Wang Lei saw the look in his Brother’s eyes, his face softened but his voice was still stern.

 

“Go see Tomi, he needs you now. I’ll take care of things here.”

 

Wang Xei tried to turn back to look at the blood that had started to congeal on the ground but Wang Lei caught his shoulder, stopping him from torturing himself.

 

“Just go, he’ll be okay.”

 

It was the first time Wang Bao had ever seen Wang Xei so fragile and he stepped forward too, but when he remembered how he looked, he couldn’t bring himself to try and console his Brother. Wang Xei left the room alone after catching his breath, not turning back to look into the room. There were only two nurses left in the room now and Wang Lei ordered them too.

 

“Take the baby to get checked on, make sure she is fed.”

 

“Yes, your Highness.”

 

Both nurses left the room with the baby and Wang Bao felt someone touch his cheeks. When he looked up, Wang Bao found it was Nakai and the last of his mask of courage instantly fell. Wang Bao’s entire body shook as he sobbed loudly and Nakai pulled him into his chest silently, rubbing Wang Bao’s back. Behind him, Wang Lei and Nera made a call, not long after, three staff came inside with cleaning supplies. Wang Lei’s voice sounded more tired once he no longer needed to be brave as he ordered the workers.

 

“I need this room gutted out, throw all the furniture away and rip the carpet up. Bring in more people if you need to but get it done by the morning.”

 

“Yes, your Highness.”

 

With no more reasons for them to be in the room, Wang Lei called out to Nakai and they left. Nakai had to carry Wang Bao on his back since Wang Bao had entered a state of mild shock and couldn’t walk. The kids had been taken to Wang Lei’s room and they couldn’t go back there with Wang Bao’s state of appearance, Wang Lei led the group back to Wang Bao’s room where Nakai took Wang Bao into the bathroom while Nera and Wang Lei waited in the living room. The room was silent as Wang lei stared off into space, Nera let Wang Lei have a moment of peace before he softly pulled Wang Lei to lay on his lap. When Wang Lei realised he was lying on Nera’s lap he looked up at the man before rolling onto his side, hugging Nera tightly.

 

“I haven't seen Wang Xei look that broken since Father died.”

 

Nera didn’t say anything, instead he just let Wang Lei let out whatever he needed to let out. By the time Wang Bao and Nakai came back out, Wang Lei was back to his usual self while Wang Bao looked tired. Wang Bao dropped his body over Wang Lei’s and held him tightly while mumbling quietly.

 

“Is there any news?”

 

Nera answered from beside Wang Bao while Nakai poured Wang Bao some water.

 

“Nothing yet, that’s a good thing though, it means that he’s still alive.”

 

Wang Bao nodded and they all sat in the room together, though no one spoke for a long time. When Nakai saw that the sun had started to set, he stood up and Wang Bao looked up at him in confusion.

 

“Let’s just see for ourselves what's happening.”

 

Wang Bao stood up and agreed quickly which led to Nera and Wang Lei following too. Wang Bao grabbed a hold of Nakai’s hand once he saw the medical doors, he was suddenly scared of finding out the news about Tomi. Once they pushed the doors open to the reception area, the nurse in the room looked over at them, giving them a soft smile before nodding lightly.

1