Chapter One Hundred & Seventeen
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Rara was shouting at Wang Bao to make Karo better while Wang Lei ran over, before Wang Bao could try and do more to help, Wang Lei was out the door. He ran past Nera and Nakai without saying anything, Nera looked at Nakai before running into the room. Wang Bao and Rara were trying to rush after Wang Lei while Hera was beginning to cry again, when Nakai and Nera stopped the two of them. Nakai wiped Wang Bao’s face from the tears as he tried to get an answer, Wang Bao was still trying to get past while explaining in a shaky voice.

 

“I-I don’t know what happened, he j-just went blue and I-I couldn't’ do anything to s-stop it.”

 

Rara was being calmed by Nera when he shouted at Nakai, his tears still streaming down his face.

 

“It was the food! Someone poisoned him!”

 

As soon as Nera heard that, he passed Rara to Nakai and ran out of the room. With a room full of angry and sad people, Nakai walked over to Hera and picked her up so he could calm the two children down while Wang Bao paced around the room, working on calming himself down before calling Mr LIu to come to the room. As soon as he heard what had happened to Karo, Mr Liu was on his knees. His old voice was hoarse as he swore on both Old Liu’s and his own life that he didn’t know. Wang Bao already knew Mr Liu was too weak to do something like that and swiftly made him stand up. With Nakai in the bedroom, Wang Bao ordered Mr LIu to find all the kitchen staff and keep them from leaving their station as well as bring Wang Xei to see him. Mr Liu listened to everything with red eyes before running out of the room to get his orders completed. As soon as Wang Xei heard what had happened, he put an official lockdown on the palace as well as a secret patrol in the royal city. Since Karo was an official child of Wang Lei, and Wang Bao had been present when the attack had occurred, this was seen as a big deal.

 

Once Wang Xei had made the orders, he went to Wang Bao’s room where they were not allowed to leave. When he entered the room, Nakai was with Wang Bao since Rara and Hera had fallen asleep. Wang Bao explained what happened again before Nakai took over, mentioning his suspicions with the old doctor. Wang Bao hadn’t been told about this yet and when he heard what Nakai said, he stood up, his voice loud as he shouted at Nakai.

 

“You knew something like this could happen?! Why didn’t you tell me?! You promised me you wouldn’t hide things from me.”

 

Nakai knew that and he really did want to tell Wang Bao as soon as he found out but Wang Lei had twisted his arm, Nakai couldn’t say that though so he only took the scolding. Wang Bao looked at Nakia with a look of hurt before leaving the room, he didn’t go into the bedroom since the children were sleeping so he could only walk out of his living quarters. Nakai went to stop him but Wang Xei stood in front of him, pressing his hand against his shoulder to push Nakia back. When Nakai felt Wang Xei push him back, his arm swung out and Wang Xei was shoved against the wall. Wang Xei swiftly ducked as Nakai threw a punch then whacked the side of Nakai’s head, his voice playful with a hint of ridicule.

 

“You’re taking your anger out on me? Since I know what’s going on now, that doctor is of no more use. Let’s just hope she hasn’t been able to get whatever drug she has made out of the palace.”

 

Wang Xei didn’t say anymore or stay any longer as he walked out to see Wang Lei, Nakai rubbed his face with angry hands before slamming the door shut but before the lock could latch, he caught the door and closed it quietly so the children wouldn’t be woken up. Nakai collected himself quickly before walking into the bathroom where he took a cold shower.

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

When Wang Bao walked out of the room, he wandered around the palace angrily before stopping to sit on a bench, his feet were beginning to ache and swell from all the walking he had done. Wang Bao brought both feet up onto the bench so he could massage them when he heard someone walking down the hallway. Wang Bao stood up from the bench to see who was coming since he thought it might be Nakai but when he looked to his left then right, there was no one to be seen. Wang Bao felt a sudden urge to run when he saw no one since he was certain he heard footsteps nearby. With the feeling growing, Wang Bao turned back to where he had come from and cupped his belly while running. Because he had to cradle his belly while running, Wang Bao couldn’t move as fast as he usually could. As soon as he started running, Wang Bao could hear hurried footsteps behind him, they were much faster than his struggling steps and soon the sound was right behind him, as if on the back of his neck. Before the person behind Wang Bao could do anything, Wang Bao dropped to his knees and slid along the tiled floor, he was able to spin around easily and lept back up to shove the person away with his shoulder. Wang Bao made a quick stomp to the persons privates to make sure they wouldn’t follow him before he took off running again.

 

The maneuver had bought Wang Bao time but it took a toll on his body, a stomach cramp was causing his already lacking speed to slow down and he heard footsteps again, though they were quicker as well as lighter. Wang Bao didn’t have the time to fight back because he felt a sting in his back, he had barely taken two more steps when he felt the floor turn to jelly beneath him, Wang Bao fell forward once he was unconscious but before his body could hit the ground, the person who had fired the tranquilizer caught him and carried him away.

 

. . . . . . . .

 

When Wang Bao woke up, he didn’t know how but he was no longer in the palace, as he looked around the room, he could see he was in a cabin but where the cabin was he had no idea. The windows were nailed shut from the inside so there was no chance of him escaping without using the bedroom door. When Wang Bao tried to stand out of bed, his body instantly rejected the motion and he fell back, hitting his head on the wall. The sound caused quiet noise to be heard on the other side of the door and Wang Bao rubbed his head while watching the old doctor walk through the door, two men standing behind her ominously. The doctor looked him up and down before speaking harshly.

 

“Don’t go wrecking that body, you are useless once you’re broken.”

 

“Where am I?”

 

The old doctor walked forward while her bodyguards stayed by the door.

 

“Somewhere that will buy us time, food will be served soon. After that I’ll have a peek at what’s inside that stomach of yours.”

 

“What?”

 

Wang Bao stood up and stepped towards the old doctor but before he could get too close, the men from the doorway came over and pushed him back down to the bed, Wang Bao struggled to fight back since the men were pushing all of their weight onto his limbs. He suddenly felt a metal collar being attached to his throat then heard the sound of a metal chain. Wang Bao struggled harder but with no result as the chain that was attached to the wall was quickly attached to his collar. With his body bound to the room permanently, the men moved away, the doctor took one last look at Wang Bao before walking closer, her old hand reached out and rubbed Wang Baos belly before it was roughly slapped away.

 

The old doctor held up her hand to stop the men from coming over again and she smiled at Wang Bao, though the smile was anything but kind. Wang Bao could feel his blood turn cold as the old doctor started talking, her voice laced with amusement.

 

“Those stupid men around you thought I was a follower of Queen Mother, I never did such a thing. Medicine is my life and they took that away from me because of that wretched woman. When I heard that you were carrying twins and the Father was Nakai, I knew I had to get my hands on you. To be able to own a pair of mixed- breed babies, that would be the greatest accomplishment of my career, don’t you think?”

 

“That’s disgusting, how can you say medicine is your passion when you go and do something like this?”

 

Wang Bao felt nothing but disgust as he looked at the woman he had once called teacher. The old doctor was unfazed with Wang Bao’s disgust and she walked away, not bothering to say any more. When Wang Bao was left alone, he laid on his side and rubbed his belly soothingly, the babies inside him were running around painfully, it took until the food was served for him to control his breathing and calm the fetuses down. The food was nothing special but more than Wang Bao expected, although he didn’t want to eat, his stomach was angry at him for not having lunch and now that he was presented with dinner, he ate heartily.

 

Once Wang Bao had finished his meal, the old doctor came in and set up a small ultrasound machine. Wang Bao watched her as her old body moved around the small room with an abundance of energy. Finally the screen was turned on and the two men held both Wang Bao’s arms and legs down, Wang Bao didn’t bother to struggle though since he knew all the doctor wanted to do was see what the fetuses looked like. The cold jelly was applied to his belly then the hand device ran along his soft skin, the image was blurry and unclear at first but soon an image of one fetus showed up. As soon as the doctor heard the rapid heartbeat and saw the size of the fetuses, her face beamed gleefully, her hand moved slowly over Wang Bao’s belly with the device before her smile widened even more. 

 

Wang Bao kept his eyes on the screen as well but his face wasn’t happy, instead he was serious to check the size and condition of the fetuses, although he didn’t know much about what he was looking at, he could see the fetuses had grown bigger and their heartbeat sounded healthy. Seeing that his babies were healthy and fine was enough to make him relax. Before he could relax fully, the old doctor spoke up while her eyes were still glued to the screen.

 

“Don’t go wrecking this for me, keep these babies healthy and we won’t have a problem.” 

 

Just like that the three capturers left the room, leaving the equipment inside Wang Bao’s room since they would be needing it again. When Wang Bao was left alone, he burrowed under the blankets though he wasn’t able to get too comfortable since there was no Nakai and the collar was annoying him. When Wang Bao thought of Nakai, he quickly became sad. Thinking that the last thing they had done together was fight was saddening to Wang Bao and he tried to think of a way to get out of his current situation but fell asleep before he could think of anything.

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

In the palace, nobody knew that Wang Bao was missing until Rara and Hera had woken up in the early evening, Nakai apologized to both Hera and Rara for scaring them before going out to look for Wang Bao to apologize, but he couldn’t find him. Nakai didn’t jump to conclusions at first since he didn’t want to get too worked up but when he had searched through the entire palace and gardens twice, he knew Wang Bao wasn’t sulking somewhere. Nakai almost lost his mind when he couldn’t find Wang Bao but pushed the feeling away while calling Wang Lei. Karo was in a coma to preserve his organs and bodily functions since the doctors didn’t know what was happening to him yet, since Karo was in a stable condition, Wang Lei wasn’t too stressed but he was still scared since he could see the doctors were in uncharted water. When he saw Nakai was calling him, Wang Lei hung up before the first ring but Nera’s phone quickly started ringing. Nera picked it up straight away before pulling Wang Lei out of the room.

 

“Bao’s gone missing, he’s not in the palace or the gardens, Nakai also checked the stable and he’s nowhere to be found.”

 

Wang Lei almost broke down right there when he heard Wang Bao was missing too and Nera pushed him up against the wall to keep him standing. When he was able to control his body again, Nera took a step back. Wang Lei made a call to Wang Xei before looking up at Nera.

 

“Stay here with Karo, I’m going to meet Xei and Nakai. Call me once there is any news.”

 

“Make sure you rest, okay?”

 

Nera watched Wang Lei walk out of the room with stiff shoulders and it broke his heart. Wang Lei, Nakai and Wang Xei all met up in Wang Xei’s study to check the cameras. They already knew where to follow Wang Bao’s activity from so they started at the entrance to his room. Nakai stood behind Wang Xei with Wang Lei while Wang Bao stormed down the stairs that led to his room. Wang Lei could see Wang Bao was upset about something and he nudged Nakai.

 

“What made him so angry?”

 

“He found out about the old doctor and the blood.”

 

Wang Lei turned back to the screen as he could feel Nakai’s aura begin to darken, in front of them Wang Xei was fast forwarding the clips since it was only Wang Bao wandering around the palace. He finally made the video play normal when he saw Wang Bao look down the hall. Because the angle was so wide, the three of them could see a man close in on either side of Wang Bao but they were hidden behind the walls that dipped out for the benches and windows. When Wang Bao started running, the camera angles changed until they saw him take down one of the men.  All three men nodded approvingly of Wang Bao’s tactic before their breath caught in their throat, the man that had been furthest away from Wang Bao was catching up much faster than Wang Bao could handle and they saw as the pregnant man was drugged then carried away. 

 

Wang Xei followed the two men with the footage until it was cut out, all they knew was that Wang Bao was taken out of the palace through the back that was closest to the staff living quarters but there was no guarantee they would find him there. Wang Xei made a call anyway to search all dormitories while they made their way there. When Wang Xei did arrive with Nakai and Wang Lei, they were quickly given masks and gloves. Before they could go any further they would need to put them on. Nakai and Wang Lei already had a feeling of what had happened while Wang Xei was curious as to what he would see. In front of the old doctor’s small living quarters were her guards, their skin looked to be half rotted away while the other was bubbling and falling to the ground. The same goo-like blood seeped as the bunny out wherever it could which coated the air in a thick foul stench. 

 

Against his staff's wishes, Wang Xei got closer to the men that were still breathing. Without showing any remorse, Wang Xei pulled his gun from his coat and shot both men through the head. The staff all looked at him in shock before rushing about to clean up the mess. When people in full body suits came to collect both bodies, Wang Xei stopped them, giving them orders before they could move.

 

“I want you to take these bodies far away and check them. See if there is any visible place of a needle stick or higher concentration of whatever sickness that is. Make sure you take samples of the blood as well and give them to the lab.”

 

The group of people all agreed and pulled the juicy carcasses into a waste trolley, Wang Lei and Nakai were already inside the old doctors living quarters and Wang Xei joined them. The small house looked to be empty of medical items that once littered the shelves. Nakai walked into the bedroom to see if there was anything that could tell them where Wang Bao was but the room only had enough space for a small bed and drawers. After checking over the floorboards and drawers, Nakai left the room. Wang Lei and Wang Xei also came up with nothing and they left the small hut with dark faces. Since they had nothing to go off of, the three men all stood around the tree line of the trees leading to the forest that surrounded the majority of the palace. Nakai stared into the darkening dense bush before looking over at Wang Lei.

 

“Where does this lead to?”

 

“Nowhere really, this forest is believed to be sacred so our ancestors never touched it. That’s why the palace was built here too. Though, if you walk in a straight line then you're bound to end up in Dwarf Country but that will take over a month on foot.”

 

Wang Xei came over to where Nakai was since he was understanding what Nakai was thinking and he nodded towards the forest in front of them.

 

“You think they left through the forest?”

 

Nakai hummed and went to walk into the tree covered land but was caught by Wang Lei.

 

“We should get supplies first, I think it would be best if we get Raia over here too, she will be able to sniff Wang Bao out from anywhere. Those men didn’t hurt Wang Bao or let him fall to the ground so I think the old doctor isn’t wanting to hurt him just yet.”

 

Nakai looked into the trees and Wang Xei started talking too.

 

“I’ll send a team out tonight, they’ll look for any tracks until we can get situated.”

 

Without saying anything, Nakai walked away, heading back to Wang Bao’s room. By the time he reached the door, Raia was being brought over and would arrive in the morning. With nothing to do but wait until the next day, Nakai walked into the room and put on a happy face for the children. When Hera and Rara saw Nakai walk in with no Wang Bao, they ran over to him and he picked the two of them up. Rara spoke to Nakai but his eyes were on the door behind them.

 

“Where is brother? Is Karo okay yet?”

 

“Karo is okay, he’s in a deep sleep to get better. Wang Bao is staying with him for a while to make sure he’s okay.”

 

Rara nodded as if he understood while Hera wanted to go see Wang Bao, Aggie could see something was wrong with Nakai but didn’t bring it up since she knew Nakai was hiding it from the children for a reason. Nakai quietly ate with the two children and Aggie before helping the children get into bed. When he came back into the living room, Aggie was still waiting for him and he sighed while sitting down. Her small hand patted his arm softly before Nakai leaned forward, his head resting in the palms of his hands while tears leaked from his eyes. Aggie didn’t say anything as Nakai silently cried, all she did was rub his arm and back soothingly until Nakai spoke with a strangled voice.

 

“He’s gone…..he’s been taken again.”

 

When Aggie heard what Nakai had said, her face fell and she pulled Nakai’s large body over to her small one, hugging him tightly. She couldn’t say anything since Nakai only needed to get all the stress, anger and guilt out of his system. 

1