Chapter One Hundred & Twenty One
128 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

When Wang Bao woke up, he was lying in a hospital bed and two nurses were feeding his babies, his entire body felt numb yet tired and all he wanted to do was fall back asleep, not waking up until next year. However, he couldn’t do that since the nurses had spotted he was awake and they smiled up at him. The sleeping babies were put back in their beds that rested besides Wang Bao’s bed before they came over to him, informing him about what had been done to his body.

 

“We had to operate on you since your placenta was fused to your womb. You needed to have a hysterectomy, this will take at least eight weeks for your body to heal. As for your babies, you have one girl and one boy. We understand that you're with Nakai, prince of Giant country?”

 

“...yes.”

 

Wang Bao felt something was odd about the change in tone from the nurses and he waited for them to continue anxiously.

 

“This makes more sense then. The first twin weighed in at 12 pounds and the other twin weighs 14.5 pounds. This is very rare for human babies but the twins look to be more half Giant and half human. “

 

The nurses looked at Wang Bao to see his reaction while Wang Bao waited for the nurses to explain what that meant, when everyone was only met with silence, Wang Bao spoke up.

 

“Are the babies okay?”

 

“Of course, they were very hungry when they arrived here but they are very healthy twins. They look to have more of a Giant’s appetite so when you and Prince Nakai leave, it would be best to feed them lots.”

 

When Wang Bao heard that the babies were fine he relaxed into the bed but once he heard Nakai’s name, his eyes shifted around the room before landing on the door.

 

“And Nakai is where?”

 

“....We don’t know...maybe he will arrive soon.”

 

The nurses couldn’t stay any longer after answering Wang Bao’s question and they swiftly left, informing Wang Bao to press the call button when the babies woke up. Because Wang Bao was fresh out of surgery, he couldn’t move his body much, meaning he was unable to see his babies properly. As Wang Bao laid in bed quietly, he started missing Hera painfully along with Rara and Karo, which then made him think of Tomi and his baby. The large amount of children that passed through Wang Bao’s mind was almost overwhelming to him as he only now realised he used to feel so distant towards kids. The thought of being a parent used to make his skin crawl but now he couldn’t think of his life without them, whether they were his or someone else's.

 

The longer Wang Bao thought of everyone he missed, the more he became angrier at Nakai. The man had said he would be right behind him but now that he was awake, there was no Nakai. When Wang Bao felt so angry he could explode, his exhaustion also reached its peak. All he could do was fall asleep and dream of how angry he was.

 

. . . . . . . . . 

 

Over the next two days, as Wang Bao continued to wait for Nakai, his anger continued to simmer inside him but his insecurities started to rise to the surface too. Since he couldn’t feed his children yet because of his stitches, all Wang Bao could do was lay in bed. He started to think that Nakai no longer wanted him or grew tired of having a family, running off with Nera to live the rest of their days in that forest. When Nakai finally walked through the door of the private room, Wang Bao’s face was so sour it looked like he had only ever eaten lemons in his lifetime. Wang Bao was staring at the ceiling with narrowed eyes while the babies slept soundlessly, he didn’t realise someone else had come into the room until he felt a finger smoothen out the wrinkle in between his brow. Wang Bao stared up at Nakai blankly for a few seconds first before he started shouting loudly, his hands hitting Nakai wherever he could reach without having to move his body.

 

“You said you were right behind me! What do you call this?! It’s been two days, I’ve been here for two days by myself!”

 

Nakai let Wang Bao get rid of all his pent up frustration before he sat on the edge of the bed, stroking Wang Bao’s still bruised cheeks. Although the swelling from his beating had gone down, Wang Bao’s face was littered with motley bruises. Wang Bao saw the look in Nakai’s eyes and quickly stopped the hands that were stroking his cheeks, his voice pouty as he spoke.

 

“Don’t look at me like I’m fragile.”

 

“I’m not, I just don’t like seeing you like this.”

 

Nakai leant down and gave Wang Bao a deep kiss, he wasn’t able to do so the other day and he had missed the feeling of Wang Bao’s lips. When Wang Bao felt Nakai wanted to pull him up and take things further he quickly pulled away breathlessly. 

 

“The babies.”

 

Both men had almost forgotten about the sleeping beauties beside them and Nakai stood up from the bed, bringing over both babies. Wang Bao told Nakai the genders as he watched them sleep peacefully, Nakai placed them back in their beds once he had taken in their features, noticing they looked more like him rather than Wang Bao. When his arms were free, Nakai sat on the edge of the bed again, talking to Wang Bao softly.

 

“Have you thought of names?”

 

En, Riria for the girl and Teira for the boy.”

 

“....Those are Giant names, how did you find those?”

 

Nakai smiled at Wang Bao with surprise while Wang Bao spoke.

 

“I asked the nurses for a phone to use and searched Giant names.”

 

“You don’t want them to have a family name?”

 

Wang Bao shook his head, although he didn’t say any reasoning behind his answer, Nakai didn’t push for one.

 

“I like the names. I spoke with the doctor before coming in, she said you could leave in a few more days.”

 

“Good, I miss everyone.”

 

Nakai laid beside Wang Bao in the small bed, he ran his fingers over the bruises on Wang Bao’s face before planting soft kisses where his fingers had touched, when Wang Bao moved closer to rest his head against Nakai’s chest, Nakai ran his hand down Wang Bao’s back instead, speaking lightly at the same time.

 

“I’m going to get a vasectomy. I’ll get the surgery here since I will be healed by the time we can leave”

 

Wang Bao looked up at Nakai a little surprised at the news while Nakai kept talking.

 

“I don’t want to hurt your body any more, besides, we’ve reached our fate.”

 

“....I don't think I could take any more pregnancies anyway.”

 

. . . . . . . . . . . .

 

The week went by quickly as did Nakai’s healing from his vasectomy, by the time Wang Bao was being wheeled out of the hospital by Nakai, the Giant was completely healed and the bruising had disappeared from Wang Bao’s face. Although the stitches in his abdomen were still tender, Wang Bao found he was healing alot faster than the first time. When the helicopter finally landed in the palace grounds, Mr Liu along with both Wang Brothers and Nera were waiting. Wang Lei ran over to Wang Bao who was being wheeled over, obvious worry on his face. As soon as Wang Lei made it over, Wang Bao patted his Brother’s hand softly before speaking.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. The babies are fine too.”

 

Nakai had both babies strapped to him and Wang Lei quickly peaked at them, the others joining them slowly. Once everyone had peaked at the sleeping beans on Nakai, they all headed inside to where the other children were waiting. Since no one wanted them to worry about where Wang Bao, Nera and Nakai were, the children were told Wang Bao needed a small holiday to have the babies. Waiting in the dining hall was Aggie and Tomi surrounded by the hoard of children. As soon as Hera, Karo and Rara saw Nakai and Wang Bao come through the door, they sprinted over. All three children attempted to jump on Wang Bao but before they could land Nakai had them in his arms, saving his lover from pain.

 

Hera at first wanted Wang Bao but when she saw Nakai, her eyes turned into slits while she gave him a big kiss, all three children weren’t able to be held close to Nakai as he had the twins on his front as well and once they were no longer wanting to jump around, he put them on the ground. Nakai knelt beside Wang Bao as soon as his hands were free and pulled the two babies from their packs. The three children gathered around while Tomi stood behind them with his own baby sleeping in his arms. Nakai first held both babies towards Hera and spoke gently to her.

 

“These are your siblings, Riria and Teira.”

 

Hera stuck her chubby face close to the two sleeping babies, her face kept getting closer and closer until she gave both babies a big kiss each, her lips covering over half of their face. Rara and Karo also tried to get a look at the babies too until Nakai moved them over, allowing them to get a better look. Rara looked at them a little unimpressed before running off to play while Karo inspected them closely. Nakai could see something in Karo’s eyes and he leaned over, whispering in the boy’s ear.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Karo leaned against Nakai’s arm wrapping his own around it before whispering back.

 

“Does this mean you won’t come over to my house anymore?”

 

Nakai gave both sleeping babies to Wang Bao to hold before throwing Karo up into the air, catching him while Rara ran over to get the same treatment. When Rara and Karo had had turns being thrown up and caught, Nakai held both of them in his arms tightly, walking away from the crowd to talk to them. 

 

“Nothing’s going to change, okay? Wang Bao and I won’t leave the two of you behind just because of the two babies and Hera.”

 

Nakai knew this was why Rara had shown so much disinterest in Hera the first time and he was now repeating the cold shoulder. Karo on the other hand was much easier to read and he laid his head against Nakai’s shoulder, not saying anything. When Rara heard what Nakai had said, he went quiet too, looking away from Nakai as they continued to walk around the room. After seeing that both kids weren’t going to say anything, Nakai sighed and started talking again.

 

“It’s hard being an only child, right?”

 

Like Rara and Karo, Nakai had grown up without siblings, all he had was Nera. Just like the two boys in his arms, when Wang Lei came along, Nakai struggled to accept it. Only after finding Wang Bao was Nakai able to accept the change in his life. Rara and Karo looked at one another before Rara yelled loudly.

 

“I have brother! I’m not an only child!”

 

“Yeah!”

 

Karo agreed loudly before both boys were smiling, since they were no longer feeling left out or abandoned, Nakai put them down and watched as they ran over to Wang Bao. The two babies had been put in a crib that was brought in by Mr LIu so both boys climbed up onto Wang Bao, being careful of his belly once Wang Bao told them. After the dinner, Wang Bao and Nakai spent another month at the palace. Unlike Hera, the twins were calmer and barely cried. Wang Bao was able to rest easy and heal quickly with the help of Nakai, before he knew it, he could walk around normally. When it came to their last day at the palace, Wang Bao found himself walking to the green garden that sat outside his old room. Although the room had been stripped of everything and was now an open empty space, the garden had been kept the same as if he still resided in that section of the palace. He didn’t know if this was because of him or because Tomi enjoyed this area too.

 

Wang Bao sat on the bench he would read on and stared up at the sky, the clouds were coated in colours of pink and orange as the sun lowered behind the trees and hills. As he sat there looking at the beautiful sky and swaying plants, Wang Bao found he no longer felt any animosity towards the palace, it was simply a place his oldest Brother lived in now and a place he would visit twice a year. Though, Wang Bao felt he could settle with visiting more since he was so close with Tomi now. Wang Bao took one last look at the twilight sky before he heard the loud steps of Hera behind her.

 

Hera giggled loudly as she lept onto Wang Bao’s lap, behind them Nakai was leaning against the doorway, holding the twins. Wang Bao stood up and held Hera’s hand before heading over to Nakai, smiling up at him. Seeing such a warm smile come from Wang bao, Nakai bent down and kissed him on the lips lightly before mumbling against them.

 

“Ready to go home?”

 

“Ready.”

 

Wang Bao gave Nakai a quick peck on the lips before holding onto his arm, taking one last look at his small garden before walking away with his family.

 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading. This concludes the main story but there are extra chapters continuing the story of side characters; the extra chapters will be uploaded separately to this story, you will be able to find it on my profile.

1