Chapter 1
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's note:

LWJ is human as well as WWX and they have had and would engage with other people than each other, albeit these would just be an established fact rather than explicit scenes so there's that. And LWJ is an omega, but he prefers dicking down other omegas. LWJ and WWX are both switches but since I love writing Bottom WWX the switching would probably be in the background. And another thing, you might encounter some OOC behaviors.

LWJ is Bi in my story and WWX could be called a pan. But sexual labels are sometimes not enough or faulty so really take this as abstract info.

This is an alternate universe where there are officially six genders (alpha, beta, omega x males and female), everyone is born with a golden core, several theories even tie the genetic influence of core energy to gender determination. Conservationists believe in the biological model of evolution, hence the dominance of alphas in the social hierarchy. But with the advancement and contribution of the various revolutionary figures, other genders are now getting recognition and the deserved respect.

Alphas get extensive combat training, and betas excel in academia while omegas show an affinity to creativity- or so the stereotype believes.


Chapter 1 

Lan Wangji’s tragic yet covetous life could be made into a soap opera, or so his friend Nie Huaisang has always tittered about. He had spent all his childhood squirting around the Nie household, but once upon a time, he would have denied any and every claim of friendship. He still feels the twinge of shame over his past unceremonious self.

Time and again the Nie brothers had shown their dependability and loyalty. They were there when he and Xichen lost their father. The Nie brothers were there when Lan Wangji had lost his alpha at the tender age of twenty-one.  He still sometimes dreamed of lying on the hospital bed, fortunately, with just a broken leg, courtesy of his unconventional combat abilities; a pleasantly smiling Nie Huaisang playing with his eight-month-old son, Wen Yuan, and silently tittering about Wen Xu’s future.

Lan Wangji had recuperated slowly but surely after he had been informed about Wen Xu’s unfortunate death and strengthened himself again as the Wen clan had been prosecuted and Wen Chao got arrested as the perpetrator of his Husband’s demise. He was released just after Wen Ruohan quietly passed away from the ‘heartache.’

After everything had settled down, both Lan Wangji and his son, Lan Sizhui, were declared as the direct inheritors of the Wen affluence without much fuss. It took time but with his family’s support, Nie Mingjue’s joint gym trips, and Nie Huaisang’s atrocious porn collection, Lan Wangji had been able to finally come to terms with his own needs and preferences after years of trying to fit in. He also understood one simple fact: it’s still the survival of the fittest.

And indeed, much like some corny sitcom, tragic omega Lan WangJi became the respected Hanguangjun- the twenty-nine years old founder of the ice sword of the business and cultivation world: Bichen corps. 

Bichen was the weapon that Wangji wielded to fight the chaos, the society felt obligated to throw at him just because he was born with a womb.

It always boggled Wangji how people associated the gift of creation with weakness. He would never understand why people found the concept of strength and omega to be incompatible.

To Lan Wangji, every omega was a sharp example of strength. It takes considerable strength, to host foreign energy, to bring a new life, and survive in a world where they have been treated as an obligation at best and a burden at worst.

Amusedly, Lan Wangji was still cornered every now and then because of his eccentric tendencies. In simple terms, the strong alpha community felt scared because of Lan Wangji’s open disdain over the idea of having another alpha as his husband, and his thirst and appreciation of his own gender.

Lan Wangji was proud of his body’s strength, he was proud of his son, and he unashamedly embraced his need to pin down a beautiful omega under him.

Lan Wangji enjoyed having a cock inside him, sure, but he loved the feeling of the wet, hot, and constricting tightness around him.

He loved the feel and sight of a pliant body. He thrived over the beautiful level of trust, the vulnerability, and the sheer high of having the privilege of devouring an omega under him.

And this was due to his basal and natural omega instincts to provide, similar to his need to nurture his perfect child. He was an omega through and through, and he was worth more than a possession of a convoluted alpha.     

While Wangji probably would never feel the consuming romantic affection, a Lan gene lapse, he was now strong enough to feel lust and do something about his needs without giving a fuck about propriety and other societal bullshits. 

“Bring… Bring… Bring…” Lan Wangji shifted his attention from the raindrops crawling down the glass barrier and glanced at the illuminated screen on the coffee table.

‘Uncle calling’

It’s already noon, Wangji mused faintly as he answered his uncle’s weekly call.

“Good afternoon, Uncle.”

“Good afternoon Wangji, did you think about it?”

Wangji sighed blearily, but refused to palm his forehead; he doesn’t want to acknowledge the onset of another headache.

“Uncle, I… I am not sure.” He finally confessed.

“Wangji, I may not know the ways of comforting nudges, but I do know what my nephew is capable of. You have the aptitude as well as the resources for this. I have never measured your strength from your gender or orientation and have faith that it’s the same for you.”

Lan Wangji felt a bit off-kilter, either from the words coming out of the phone speaker or the contented warmth that crept out from somewhere deep inside of him.

Lan Qiren has his faults; Wangji was aware and has suffered because of them in the past. But he had also taught Wangji that he was more than his gender, orientation, or cultivation.  

“Okay. Yes, Uncle. I will accept and uphold the responsibility of the Chief cultivator.”

“Mm.”

Lan Wangji couldn’t help the slight upward twitch of his lips as he heard the poorly concealed happiness and pride in his Uncle’s tone.

The years had mellowed out his Alpha Uncle countenance, or perhaps the lack of pressing responsibility of taking care of two small yet conscious children had made the difference. Over the years, Lan Qiren had loosened the chains around him, allowed the years’ worth of repressed emotions, and allowed these cracks to bleed out every now and then.

The world often saw Qiren as unfeeling; much like how they saw Wangji, but as an adult, he was able to apprehend the dilemma his Uncle was thrown into without any preamble or support.

The fear of letting someone in, only to further damage the precariously balanced house of cards was something that Wangji knows. And that’s after having a group of individuals that Wangji can lean on when and if the need ever arose.

It pains Wangji to think that Qiren wasn’t allowed any of it, that he was too traumatized to take on a chance with a stranger.     

Wangji provided as much warmth and comfort to his only paternal figure as possible, but it becomes difficult when they both know that while they are better now, things would always be on the edge of the slippery slope when it comes to their mutual morals and beliefs.

Because as much as his Uncle loved him, he was still brought up amidst the alpha leaden society; even Lan Qiren, with his iron-clad morals and principles, can’t get rid of the bone-deep upbringing and instincts.

Wangji still respected him though, because his Uncle was trying. He truly was. 

~oo0oo~

“I have already appointed a secretary.” His big brother’s voice came flooding from inside the kitchenette.

That was worrying. Wangji fastened his shirt and zoomed inside the kitchen only to catch his brother adding what looked to be one part egg and two parts shell into the overheated butter.

“Ge.” Lan WangJi was late. The damage was already done.

His brother was a talented man; he was proficient in many faculties of life. But cooking was not one of them, this was partly due to the social hierarchy and partly because his brother was awful with the mystery called measurement and time. Brother exhausted his patience in every little nick of his life except food. To him, food must be there when his stomach demanded it.

“I made eggs?” His brother gave a wide smile, too wide of a smile.

“If you believe so,” Lan WangJi threw back without infliction.

“So gentle, my didi,” his brother said with a smile, “Lan Minshan would be shadowing you for a while,” Xichen added with an apology in his gentle eyes.

Lan WangJi refused to trouble his brother over a matter that small.

He slowly inched away from the future crime scene and said, “Lan Minshan?”

“Hmm,” His brother answered distractedly as he tried to salvage the already burnt egg… something.

Lan Wangji wasn’t in the habit of wasting food and other resources, but he also was in the habit of respecting his body. So blissful ignorance seemed like a good compromise in the current situation.

After some time and a kitchen permeated with burnt odor, Lan WangJi had to shoe his brother aside and ventilate the kitchen before the smoke sensor went off and silently passed the dishwashing gloves to his sheepish brother.

It’s a good thing A-Yuan was still at the young cultivators’ summer camp. 

“Lan Minshan is one of our distant cousins actually, the poor guy,” brother started as he scrubbed the burnt pan, on principle Lan WangJi liked having a more than the average standard of kitchen. Therefore, the non-stick pan should have been cleared out without much effort, but since his brother secretly harbored a gossiping heart and liked talking about anything and everything, the pan would probably lose the ‘non-stick’ today.

“He is suffering from what he has told uncle and me. Lan Minshan shared, and I quote ‘an irresponsible and jobless husband’ has been taking energy and health out of him. And let me tell you WangJi, he has a son, who is apparently our A-Yuan’s age.”

Well, that did sound bad and further exemplified the erroneous structure of their society.

“The poor man is in such a dilemma that I just couldn’t help it. The good thing is that he’s about to get divorced from that… umm… unscrupulous alpha, what was his name? Wie Xuan? No…” Xichen did his funny hip wiggle routine as he tried to remember the name, Lan WangJi always felt contented when his brother showed his familiar ease by reverting to his unconscious ticks inside Wangji’s home, “Oh yes, Wei Wuxian!” His brother exclaimed merrily with foam lathering up his arm and the pan dripping on the floor, Lan WangJi should have just cleaned the pan himself.   

~oo0oo~

Wangji’s first day as the chief cultivator was… loud.

A knock interrupted his internal sigh.

“Come in.”

“Mr. Lan,” his new secretary, Lan Minshan, entered the room, “you have received a lunch invitation from the Jin clan’s CFO.”

Lan Wangji stifled a sigh yet again; the Jin corp. was barely a part of the Cultivation panel, especially after the demise of the Wen group or the sun-shot campaign, as dubbed by the Nie brothers. 

While the Jins were not imprisoned legally, the world still knew about the dark splash bore by the Jin Corporation after the Wen’s were prosecuted. And while Wangji believed that Jin Gunagshan won’t be dumb enough to offend the chief cultivator, he still wasn’t too eager about spending time with a known sexual offender. It was an open secret that President Jin was very ‘touchy’ with the omegas, betas, and in some obscured cases even alphas.   

Lan Wangji was working to tipping the balance in the still hanging verdict of Jin’s innocence in the Wen doctrine scandal, but definitely not on his first day.

Maybe he needs to call Nie Huaisang sooner than he thought. His Lan upbringing stopped his desire to flop back against his chair, but it’s a near thing. He was, truly and wholly, ready to call it a day and go home to his bed. He was missing his child so much today.

One more week, just one more, and then his son’s shining existence would once again brighten his unmoving heart or so Nie Huaisang moaned the other day, and while WangJi had felt the inkling of irritation he didn’t contradict the statement.

“Bring… bring…”

Lan Wangji was interrupted yet again out of his tired musing by a call from his older brother.

“Ge.”

“Hello, to you too didi,” came back an amused reply, “is my baby brother pouting?”

Lan Wangji was tired, and he wanted to hang up on his brother to let out some steam, but he didn’t want to hurt him accidentally. Anger begets regret.

“No.”

“Oh?”

“I got an invitation from the Jin clan.”

“Oh! I just remembered why I called, the invite was sent by A-Yao,” said his 'polite' and ‘forgetful’ brother. “I am here at the Carp Tower as well.”

“Mm,” he said and hanged up the call. Regrets are good sometimes.

After finally putting his smartphone down, he refocused his attention on the presence of Lan Minshan, who was looming over a slightly cracked wooden photo frame, his solitary personal belonging in the wide and glass ornamented chamber.

The photo frame can’t be seen from the current angle Minshan was standing in but the efforts were still there.

Lan WangJi couldn’t help but feel the deeply seeded annoyance and had to make an effort to smother down the upcoming scathing remarks; this was his instinctual response whenever others tried to probe into his privacy.

He only relented because while he abhorred sharing his life with anyone besides his close-knit group of friends and family, it would be further aggravating to work with a colleague who had his hackles up around him.

It had happened before, and he would like to avoid that if possible, he wasn’t in the habit of making his office a battlefield. 

Sometimes he regretted not having a simple career; maybe he should retire and become a librarian. Lan WangJi actually wrote an essay on this topic in middle school.

Someday


Thank you for reading this! I hope you enjoyed this story and would love to hear back from you!!! ;)

1