Chapter 18 – The Planet Cracker
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["The Planet Cracker"]

"...One day after the retreat from Neptune"

{Location: Inside Armed-Tiger frigate}

C. Officer: Sir. We have an incoming call from the capital.

Yain: Patch it through. Sir? Can you hear me?

[From Radio]Victus: Yes, Admiral. What’s the situation?

Yain: We recalled our forces back to the ships as you ordered. We are still trying to find a way to conquer the planet without putting our forces at high danger.

[From Radio]Victus: It is not that hard Admiral. Turn your weapons towards the planet and annihilate them. Leave no one alive.

Yain: But sir... You were against orbital bombardment. I thought you wanted the bases on the planet intact.

[From Radio]Victus: I know what I said Admiral. But I didn’t know that we will lose so much time on this terraformed water-ball. We are losing our advantage. If we can’t have it, then neither can they.

Yain: Yes sir.

[From Radio]Victus: Oh and Admiral. I don’t want a simple Orbital Bombardment. I need you to perform a Planetcracker.

Yain: Sir? Are you sure about this? We can still conquer the planet, we don’t need to---

[From Radio]Victus: YOU WILL DO AS I SAY ADMIRAL! Teach them a lesson. They thought they were smart enough to come to MY PLANET and order me around. I say it's about time we change history for good.

Yain: ...Of course.

[From Radio]Victus: Good. Victus - out.

C. Officer: So...Are we going to do it?

Yain: We don’t have any choice lieutenant. Transfer the message to the fleet. Tell them to surround the rest of the planet and wait my signal for a Planetcracker. I can’t believe we are doing this...

"Some time has passed after the call from Victus. Darkstar was inside the frigate waiting. Suddenly, Angel came inside their quarters"

Angel: What is going on? I see quite the disturbance among the crew.

Prophet: Haven’t you heard? Yain was ordered to perform a Planetcracker operation.

Angel: Which is?

Nex: You really don't know..?

Nomad: Wait...I'll do it.

Angel: Do what?

Nomad: ...Planetcracker is the naval code used by the Rexian Republic to order the complete surface destruction of a planetary target, eliminating all life, industry, and natural resources on the surface. It involves laying waste to an entire planet by orbital bombardment, reducing the upper crust of a planet to molten slag or in some cases, atomizing the planet's top-soil. Plus these new heavy guns we have. They are going to make some impact! Or at least...be tested out.

Angel: So in simple words: We will destroy the planet completely?

Prophet: The planet will still exist but it will be impossible to be inhabited or have anything built upon it. But yes. In some extreme cases it can even mean the complete obliteration of a planet---

Announcer: Planetcracker begins in 3 minutes. All gun-crews are ordered to move to their posts.

C. Officer: Sir? Everyone is ready. We wait your order.

Yain: I just…I…”Sigh”. Begin.

C. Officer: All ships. The order is given. Fire at will.

Yain: And so it begins. God forgive us.

0