Chapter 1 – Back At Privet Drive
102 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, what's happened in Little Whinging while Harry and I were gone?" I asked Dudley, Sasha, Megan, Hannah, and Piers. Well, maybe not Sasha and Piers so much.

We were hanging out at the park. Megan and I were swinging back and forth on the swings, Hannah and Dudley were lounging on the park bench, and Sasha and Piers were snogging on the roundabout. 

"Not much. Them two got together, Hannah got asked out by Scott, but she rejected him, and I broke my arm. That's it. What happened at St Marigold's?" Megan said.

"Well ..." I paused, thinking over my school year. To answer your question, Megan, a massive man-bush hybrid came to find my twin and I, told us we were famous and magical, took us to a magical street where I met one of my crushes and friend, went to a Platform Nine-And-Three-Quarters, went on a magical train where I met my second crush and best friend, and where I met EVERYONE, then I went to a magical school where you wave your wand, say a few weird words, and something happens, I got hung over the edge of the Astronomy Tower, I slowed down time, I became a shape-shifter, I played a sport played on broomsticks, gained two powerful enemies, almost kissed at the school ball, and nearly got killed saving my brother and a powerful stone by the person who tried to kill me years ago.

Yeah, you get that I can't exactly tell her that.

But I can't lie to her either. She IS my muggle best friend. So I settled on not-lying, but not telling the exact truth either.

"It turns out that St Marigold's is also linked to a boy's school. That's where Harry went. Well, I met two cute guys there, and I think I like them both, but I can't choose who I like more. One of them has become my best friend, the other is the cousin of one of two of my enemies. There's this total bitch there named Pansy Parkinson, who I call Pratinson, and a dickhead named Felix Malfoy, who I've named Floppy, because his hair is just, like," I flopped my hand over my forehead, "when he's walking, and the guy is his cousin! Just my luck. And I almost got kissed by this guy who has a crush on me at the school ball. Then I almost kissed the guy's cousin during Tag. And ... yeah, that's it. Kinda. And I nearly got killed. Twice."

Even Piers and Sasha had stopped snogging to listen. Everyone had awed looks on their faces. And I haven't even told them the full story!

"How did you nearly get killed?" Piers asked.

"Tell me about the bitch so that I can come up with something ..." Sasha pondered.

"There was a ball?!" Hannah squealed.

"Tell me about the guys. Maybe I can help you choose." Megan grinned.

Dudley remained quiet, because I had told him that I'd tell him everything later.

"Can't tell you that, Piers. The school told me to remain confidential. And yes, Han, there was a ball." I told them all about the ball, and I told Sasha about Pratinson. She told me that I should sneak into her dormitory and switch her green and silver drapes for red and gold. Of course, I could just charm them to change colour, but she didn't know that!

I told Megan about Draco, Terry, and Ron, leaving out the wizard part, of course. My other two muggle best friends couldn't help but hear, and they all took different sides. 

"You should totally go out with the Draco guy! You guys are SO cute together, and he, from what you tell me, has all the looks!" Megan squealed.

"Nah, like, you should DEFINITELY date the Ron guy. Obviously you can snog him whenever you like, and he wouldn't object to it!" Sasha told me.

"No, no, no! It's Terry! Of course! He's got the personality!" Hannah winked.

"So Megan's telling me that I should go out with Draco 'cause he's cute and has looks, Hannah's telling me that I should go out with Terry 'cause he has personality, and Sasha's telling me that I should go out with Ron 'cause I can snog him whenever I like. Really, guys?" I asked, amused.

They all nodded excitedly. 

I rolled my eyes. "But, Sasha! You shouldn't date a guy just so that you can snog whenever you like!" 

"Sure you should!" Sasha grinned. "I do!" 

I rolled my eyes again.

~~~

Back at Number Four, Privet Drive, Harry, Dudley, and I held a meeting in Harry and I's room. I had finally convinced Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon to let my twin move into mine. Our stuff was strewn around our room: Quidditch robes and broomsticks, spell books, Snidget and Hedwig's cages, Hogwarts robes, the like.

We were telling Dudley all about our year at Hogwarts. When we finished, Dudley looked amazed.

"Wow, really?" He asked, his eyes shining. 

"Yes, really." I said.

"Indeed." Harry said.

"Naturally!"

"So let me get this straight. Daisy nearly died playing a sport - played on broomsticks. She nearly died again - getting hung off an Astronomy Tower, and she slowed down time. Then you both nearly died saving the Phil-thingy's Stone - by this dark wizard guy who killed your parents and tried to kill you." 

"Yep. That's pretty much it." We chorused.

"That's insane ..." Dudley muttered. "And at my school, the most exciting and dangerous thing that happened was Meg breaking her arm."

"Yeah, how exactly did she do that by the way?" 

"She - we, uh ..." Dudley stuttered, going red. 

I sniggered.

~~~

I sat on my bed, looking out at the dark street. It was past midnight. I had told the Dursley's what had happened to Harry and I at Hogwarts. But it was nearly a week since leaving Hogwarts, and I haven't even gotten a letter from any of my friends yet.

Then I saw a black owl swooping through the air. I glanced to my right, but of course Snidget was still there. Someone was sending me a letter!

"Yes!" I hissed quietly, as Harry was asleep in the lower bunk.

I opened the window and let the owl in. I untied the letter around it's leg and retrieved the parcel too. The owl hooted softy as I gave it one of Snidget's treats, and it hopped over to Snidget's cage. The two of them hooted softly at each other.

I unrolled the parchment. It said,

'Dear Daisy,

I have tried to send you several letters so far, but you haven't replied. I think my letters must be getting lost or intercepted. So I have encased this parchment in an Anti-Interception spell to see what happens. 

How are you doing? It's very dull here at my house without you, even though I've been here all my life without you. But now that I've met you, I can't imagine living without you.

Can you come and stay at my house for a few days? My parents say it's alright.

Hope to see you soon!

- Dragon'

I grinned. Yes! He hasn't forgotten me! I grabbed a quill and parchment and scribbled out my reply.

'Dear Dragon,

 Yes, your letters must have been getting intercepted, as I haven't been getting them. I'm doing just fine, though it is kinda dull here without you too. My cousin is still as fat as ever, and Harry is bored too. I've been meeting up with my muggle friends, but they aren't nearly as fun as you. I can't imagine living without you either.

I'm sure I can! My aunt and uncle will let me do anything (other than let my owl out for some reason). Just send me the dates - but can you pick me up, though? Because I'm not sure my aunt and uncle will be willing to drive across the country, but surely you can reach me via wizard travel?

Hope to see you soon too!

- Daisy'

I rolled it up and opened the package. Inside it was a thin glass vial filled with a misty substance labelled 'Anti-Interception Spell'. I uncorked it and some of the mist came out. I quickly corked it again and grabbed the mist. I pressed it firmly to the parchment and tied it to the black owl. Then it took off into the night.

I clambered up to my top bunk, smiling. I was going to visit my bestie!

0