Chapter 4 – Softpaw, Red, Bushy, and Hopper
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Use imagination and just pretend that all this technology exists in these days please!! Thanks <3) 


"It's not much." Ron said, shuffling his feet.

"It's PERFECT." Harry and I chorused, and the twins threw their arms around my shoulders.

"Now, we'll go upstairs really quietly and wait for Mum to call us for breakfast. Then Ron, you come bounding downstairs going, 'Mum, look who turned up in the night!' and she'll be all pleased to see Daisy and Harry and no one need ever know we flew the car." Fred said. "Oh, and Daisy, you're rooming with us."

I grinned.

"Right." Ron said. "Come on, Harry, I sleep at the -"

Ron had gone a nasty greenish colour, his eyes fixed on the house. We all wheeled around.

Mrs Weasley was marching across the yard, scattering chickens, and for a short, plump, kind-faced woman, it was remarkable how much she looked like a sabre-toothed tiger.

"AH." Fred said.

"Oh dear." George said.

Mrs Weasley came to a halt in front of us, her hands on her hips, staring from one guilty face to the next. She was wearing a flowered apron with a wand sticking out of the pocket. I sniggered. The twins and Ron are in deep shit.

"SO." She said.

"Morning, Mum." George said, in what he clearly thought was a jaunty, winning voice.

"Have you any idea how worried I've been?" Mrs Weasley said in a deadly whisper.

"Sorry, Mum, but see, we had to - "

All three of Mrs Weasley's sons were taller than she was, but they cowered as her rage broke over them, and I was trying to restrain a grin.

"Beds empty! No note! Car gone! ... could have crashed! ... out of my mind with worry! ... did you care? ... never, as long as I've lived! ... you wait until your father gets home, we never had trouble like this from Bill or Charlie or Percy! ..."

"Perfect Percy." Fred muttered.

"YOU COULD DO WITH TAKING A LEAF OUT OF PERCY'S BOOK!" Mrs Weasley yelled, prodding a finger in Fred's chest. "You could have DIED, you could have been SEEN, you could have lost your father his JOB -"

It seemed to go on for hours, I was trying that hard not to laugh. Mrs Weasley had shouted herself hoarse before she turned on Harry and me, and we backed away.

"I'm very pleased to see you, Daisy and Harry, dears. Come in and have some breakfast." She said.

She turned and walked back into the house. I gave it a second before I burst out laughing.

"Shut up, Daisy." George grinned.

~~~

We had de-gnomed the garden, and I got my gnomes ten feet past the old tree stump which we were supposed to be throwing them to. I'm such a legend. 

Ginny, the little girl who was Fred and George's little sister, appeared once, but ran back upstairs to her room when she saw Harry. I can tell a crush when I see one ...

I was now in Fred and George's room, watching the Marauder's Map. We pretty much stalked the professors who were roaming the halls.

"Here," I said, "there's something I have to show you."

I got my laptop and phone out of my trunk.

"What are THOSE?!" The twins exclaimed.

I explained to them what they were, and what the internet was, grinning.

I opened up Google, resting my hand on the base of the laptop and using my powers to turn on the wifi. I don't know how I can use magic more efficiently than other witches and wizards my age without a wand, heck, than any other witch and wizard I've ever met except Albus Dumbledore!

It's like I can do whatever I want, when I think about it. If I commit some dreadful crime, I can just break out of Azkaban, that wizard prison, with hardly any effort.

No. Stop it, Daisy. You will NOT be committing any dreadful crimes. 

Sometimes I get scared. You know, about the thoughts I think. It's like I'm a completely different person sometimes.

I brought up Facebook and typed in my username and password. I updated my status, checked my newsfeed, and liked Dudley and Sasha's statuses.

The twins looked completely bemused. 

"What the fuck ..."

Then I logged on to Twitter, tweeted and hashtagged a few things, then went onto Instagram.

Then I went back to Google, handed the laptop to the twins, and opened up Flappy Bird on my phone.

I played Flappy Bird for ten seconds, then hit a pipe, and I died. 

"FUCK!" I shrieked, and flung the phone across the room. It hit the wall and smashed.

Fred and George looked at me with blank faces. Then they burst out laughing. "You have anger issues!"

Wait! My phone! I can't live without my mobile!

I got up and grabbed the base of my phone. I concentrated really hard. It was much, much harder to use my magic for big things, like fixing things. 

The other parts of my phone flew up from the ground and attached themselves back in the positions they were in. Then the millions of tiny, shattered fragments of the screen flew up into the air above the phone, then spiralled downwards to fit back into place.

My phone looked brand new! Yay!

I suddenly felt exhausted. That took up a lot of my energy and magic.

I flopped down onto the ground, clutching my beloved phone to my chest.

Fred and George stared at me with awestruck faces.

"How did you DO that?!" Fred exclaimed.

"You are one hardcore witch." George shook his head.

I looked at the laptop screen. What had they looked up? 

Oh Merlin.

~~~

Over the course of the next week, I discovered a lot about the Burrow. There was lots of random things there.

Harry was wondering what the fuck the twins and I were doing in their bedroom, because he heard small explosions all the time. I told him that if he asked no questions, he would receive no lies.

I woke up the morning we were supposed to be going to Diagon Alley to two faces hovering extremely close to mine.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" I screamed, scooting back, getting tangled in the bedsheets. "Oh, it's only you two."

I glared at the twins, who were rolling on the floor with laughter.

"Losers." I grabbed my pillow and threw it at them.

"Calm down, Softpaw!" Fred cackled.

"Softpaw?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah. Your Animagus has soft paws, and ..."

"Oh." I said. "Like nicknames for Animagi - the Marauders!"

"Yup." George said, popping the 'p'.

"Well, what about Bushy, since your tail, is, like, really bushy?" I said to George. "Since one of you guys named me?" 

"It was me." Fred grinned.

"Fred, you're Red. Because, you know, taking away the 'F' and all, and you're a red squirrel." George sniggered.

"And Terry can be Hopper or something. Agreed?" I squealed at my amazing ability to come up with nicknames.

"Actually, yeah, that sounds like a good idea." George pondered.

"Let's call Terry 'Hopper' until he realises, the next time we see him." Fred grinned.

"Sounds like a plan." I sniggered.

We meandered downstairs, still in our pyjamas.

"Guys, go get changed!" Mr Weasley shooed us back up the stairs.

We got changed in record time, then bounded down to the fireplace. The twins had told me that we were travelling by Floo Powder, some sort of fireplace-wizard travel.

Harry went first, but he said 'diagonally' instead of 'Diagon Alley' so now he's off somewhere we don't know. I went next, in a panic. What if my brother gets lost?!

I arrived in some shop, but sprinted out the door into the street. 

"Harry!" I called, searching the crowd. He wasn't there.

I sprinted down street after street, calling out his name, to no answer.

I finally arrived in some place called Knockturn Alley. I sprinted down the narrow streets, finally bumping into someone.

"Daisy? What are you doing he-" Draco started, but I darted around him, calling out, "Harry! Harry!"

"Daisy? Here!" Harry called back from somewhere down the street, next to Hagrid.

"Oh thank Godric." I flew into him, almost knocking him over, hugging him so tightly he gasped. "You scared me! What's up with your glasses?" 

I took his cracked glasses. A pane was missing. I shut my eyes and summoned up all my magic. The pane that was cracked slowly sealed itself. Then loads of tiny shattered glass fragments spiralled down the street towards us from a shop and fitted into the glasses again. They looked brand new. I handed my brother's glasses back to him, swaying a little. Harry put his arm around my shoulders, holding me up.

Lucius Malfoy was watching me from down the street, with something in his eyes. I was kind of creeped out by whatever it was ...

Draco was also watching, his mouth hanging open.

Harry and Hagrid had similar faces.

We walked down towards Diagon Alley, where we met Hermione. Then we saw Fred, George, Ron, Percy, and Mr Weasley sprinting down the street towards us.

"Where did you come out, Harry, and where did you find him, Daisy?" Ron asked.

"Knockturn Alley!" I said enthusiastically.

"BRILLIANT!" Fred and George said together.

"We've never been allowed in." Ron said enviously.

"I should ruddy well think not." Hagrid said gruffly.

We spotted Lee Jordan and Terry wandering down the street. Fred, George, and I immediately left the group to join them.

"And not one step down Knockturn Alley!" Mrs Weasley shouted after us.

We had a merry banter. When we were in Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop, stocking up on 'Dr Filibuster's Fabulous, Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks', we met Harry, Ron, and Hermione. We also called Terry 'Hopper' until he finally realised.

"Oh!" He gasped. "My Animagus is a rabbit - Hopper - you've nicknamed me!"

In Flourish and Blotts, we met Gilderoy Lockhart, the snobby bastard who was greedy for publicity. He was kinda stupid, but not everyone can be clever ... but honestly! Harry and I were forced to take a picture for the Daily Prophet with him.

Mr Weasley and Mr Malfoy had a fight, as well. It was quite amusing. Fred or George yelled, "Get him, Dad!" as I yelled, "Go on there, son!" 

All in all, a very eventful day. 

2