Chapter 11 – New Roomies
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ginny, who sat next to Colin in Charms, was distraught, but Fred and George were definitely going the wrong way to cheer her up! They were taking it in turns to cover themselves with fur or boils and jump out at her from behind statues. 

Meanwhile, hidden from the teachers, a roaring trade that the Insurgents may or may not have been making quite a profit from in talismans, amulets, and other protective devices was sweeping the school. Neville bought a large, evil smelling green onion, a pointed purple chrysalis, and a rotting newt tail before the other Gryffindor boys and I pointed out that he was in no danger: he was a pure blood and therefore unlikely to be attacked.

"They went for Filch first." Neville said, his round face fearful. "And everyone knows I'm almost a Squib."

"Aw, c'mere." I said, pulling him into a shoulder-hug. "You're not almost a Squib! Right, boys?" 

Seamus, Dean, Harry, and Ron all nodded quickly, fearful of what I would do to them if they didn't.

They better be scared!

~~~

We had to cause a diversion in Potions so that Hermione could steal some ingredients that we needed for the Polyjuice Potion from Snape's private stores. 

Deliberately causing mayhem in Snape's class was about as safe as poking a sleeping dragon in the eye. Perfect!

Hermione nodded at me from two desks over, and I ducked swiftly down behind my cauldron, pulled one of Fred's Filibuster fireworks (I had ran out a couple of weeks ago when I pulled that last prank on the twins - it was a spectacular finale!) out of my pocket and gave it a quick prod with my wand. The firework began to fizz and sputter. I straightened up, took aim, and lobbed it into the air; it landed right on target in Goyle's cauldron. The potion exploded, showering the whole class. People shrieked as splashes of the Swelling Solution hit them. Floppy got a faceful and his nose began to swell like a balloon; Pratinson squealed as her head expanded. Snape was trying to restore calm and find out what happened. Through the confusion, I saw Hermione slip quietly out the door.

"Silence! SILENCE!" Snape roared. "Anyone who has been splashed, come here for a Deflating Draught. When I find out who did this ..." 

I tried not to laugh, then buried my face in my robes and tried to contain myself. When everyone had taken a swig of antidote and the various swellings had subsided, Snape swept over to Goyle's cauldron and scooped out the twisted black remains of the firework. There was a sudden hush.

"If I ever find out who threw this," Snape whispered, "I shall MAKE SURE that person is expelled."

I tried to keep a straight face. Snape was looking right at me. Then he strode over to me and grabbed the front of my robes.

"WAS THIS YOU?" He hissed.

"No." I said matter-of-fact-ly, shrugging my shoulders. "What makes you think that, SIR?" 

He glared at me for a moment or two, then released me.

When the bell rang and we all got out, I finally burst out laughing.

We got up to the girl's bathroom, where Hermione was adding the stolen ingredients.

"You're a really good actor!" Ron laughed, looking at me in awe.

"She's my twin, what do you expect?" Harry said, and I glared at him.

"Shut up Harry, no one likes you." I said.

~~~

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I had put frogs in Parvati and Lavender's beds. And somehow, Professor McGonagall found out about it. So there I was then, in her office, with her lecturing me about how I shouldn't 'perform horrible deeds on sensitive girls like them', and I had told her that I simply can't just not prank my room mates, and she looked like she was considering something.

"I don't think Miss Patil and Miss Brown are the best roommates for you, Miss Potter." Minnie said.

"So you're moving me?" I grinned.

"Yes. I should move you to a dorm where, say, your roommates would be a lot more tolerant of your immaturity. They prank a lot themselves, you see." She replied.

Ginny's dorm? Katie's? Please don't let it be Katie's she'd kill me in the mornings. 

PLEASE BE GINNY, PLEASE BE GINNY, PLEASE BE GIN-

"I shall take you to your new dormitory." Minnie said, standing up. I thought I saw a ghost of an devious expression there for a second. What is she planning...

She led me to Gryffindor tower, then waited in the common room for me to pack up all my stuff.

I shoved all my stuff into my trunk hurriedly. Hermione, Parvati, and Lavender eyed me curiously.

"Dafuq you doing, Daisy?" Parvati finally asked.

"Packing." I said simply. "I'm moving house." 

"Moving House? What?!" Lavender said.

"I've got to move on and be who I am!" I sang. 

"Why do you have to go?" Lavender sang too.

"I just don't belong here, I hope you understand!" I sang.

"Trying to understand!" Parvati joined in.

"We might find a place in this world someday ... But at least for now ..." I sang.

"I want you to stay!" Hermione sang too.

"I gotta go my own way!" I finished. "Guys, we have to make a music video of that after I go to my new dorm."

"Agreed. But you're not a true Gryffindor?" Hermione asked.

"Which House are you moving to?" Parvati chimed in.

"Bet it's Ravenclaw to be with Terry Boot." Lavender winked.

"Maybe it's Hufflepuff, she is incredibly loyal -" Hermone said.

"Perhaps it's Slytherin, to be with Bleach-Blondie!" Parvati exclaimed.

"Guys, guys!" I put up my hands. "I'm not moving House, it was an expression. I have a new dorm now!"

"Oh." Lavender dropped her arms.

"But why?" Parvati asked.

"Because McGona-gill found out about the frogs." I said.

"Oh. Sowwy." Lavender pouted. 

"I'll miss you, Daze." Hermione said sadly.

"Same." Parvati and Lavender said simultaneously. 

"Bye!" I said, waving, as I stumbled out the door with my heavy trunk.

I dragged it down to the common room and met Professor McGonagall. She nodded, then began to lead me in the direction of the boy's dormitories.

"Uh, Professor ... those are the boy's dorms ..." I said.

"Correct, Miss Potter. I know." Minnie nodded.

YES! Guy roomies! But wait ... we'll have to get changed in the same room ... no, I'll just change in the toilets ... but we'll have to share a bathroom! Oh well. I'll just ... not look. I'll cover my eyes whenever I enter.

And for showers ... yeah, I'll just sneak into the girl's showers to get those.

She led me up the spiral staircase. Past the third year boy's dorms and the four bathrooms/shower rooms (one specially for the third form boys, one for junior school boys - first form to fourth form -, one for senior school boys - fifth to seventh -, and one for all-school) on the first floor ... past the second year boy's and fifth year boy's on the second floor along with their special bathrooms ("Oh Merlin no, not in my year's boy's dorm - Ron will totally creep on me!") up to the landing on the third floor where the fourth year and first year boy's dorms and bathrooms are ... and she stopped. I started to grin. Oh yes ... if she's taking me where I think she's taking me ...

Up above are the sixth and seventh year boy's dorms. Thank goodness she's not taking me to stay with Percy ...

Professor McGonagall knocked on the fourth year boy's dorm door. YES!

A grinning Lee Jordan opened it, then looked from me to Professor McGonagall.

"Yeah, Professor?" He asked.

"May I introduce you," Minnie said, as Fred and George came up behind Lee and their eyes widened, "to your new roommate."

"YES!" I screamed, bounding into their - or our now, as I should call it - dorm. "WHOOHOO!"

I bounded back out again and hugged Minnie. "Thank you thank you thank you Minnie!"

I bounded back into the dorm, with Professor McGonagall shouting after me, "It's Professor McGonagall to you!"

"I wondered what the extra bed was for." Lee grinned as I saw Professor McGonagall close the door, wait - WAS SHE GRINNING?!

Dafuq ... 

I jumped onto the apparently extra bed in between Fred and George's and across from Lee's, and the three of them jumped on with me. 

Forget about it seemed like a good idea at the time. It was definitely a good idea, and it still is!

~~~

There was a Duelling Club going on. Ron wanted to go, so I agreed to, because everyone else was going too. 

Lockhart appeared and started trying to show off, then he got Snape up to do a demonstration. Snape disarmed him using 'Expelliarmus'.

Then we were all split into pairs.

Terry, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Amy, Shannon, Suzanne, and I hung around together, hoping to be paired up with each other. But Snape reached us before Lockhart, and he paired me with Floppy.

I was pretty good at it. But everyone was getting out of control, and Snape yelled, "Finite Incantatem!"

A haze of greenish smoke was hovering over us all. Both Neville and Justin were lying on the floor, panting; Ron was holding up an ashen-faced Seamus, apologising for whatever his broken wand had done; but Hermione and Millicent Bulstrode were still moving; Millicent had Hermione in a headlock and Hermione was whimpering in pain. Both their wands lay forgotten on the floor. Harry and I pulled Millicent off.

"Dear, dear." Lockhart said, skittering through the crowd, looking at the aftermath of the duels. "Up you get, Macmillan ... careful there, Miss Fawcett ... pinch it hard, it'll stop bleeding in a second, Boot ..."

I looked over at Terry, and he was sporting a small gash on his forehead. He glanced over at me, grinning.

Then Floppy and I had to go up to do a demonstration. Snape whispered in his ear, and he did some sort of spell that created a snake.

Lockhart stupidly angered it, and it went for Justin. Panicking, Harry - who was standing beside Justin - and I shouted at it, "LEAVE HIM!" 

It slumped to the floor and watched us. We looked up at Justin - but he looked angry and scared.

"What do you think you're playing at?" He shouted, and before we could say anything, he had turned and stormed out of the hall.

There was an ominous muttering all around the walls. I felt a tugging on my robes.

"Come on." I heard Ron say to Harry.

"Let's go!" Terry whispered, tugging me along.

As we went through the doors, the people on either side drew away as though afraid of catching something. Ron, Hermione, Terry, Amy, Shannon, and Suzanne dragged us up to the empty Gryffindor common room. 

"We're not really supposed to be here, but who cares." Amy stated.

"You're Parselmouths! Why didn't you tell us?" Ron gasped.

"We're what?" Harry and I asked blankly and simultaneously.

"Parselmouths! You can talk to snakes!" Terry exclaimed enthusiastically.

"We know." I said. "That's only the second time I've ever done it, like, what about you Harry -" Harry nodded, "we freed a boa constrictor once - long story - but it was telling us that it had never seen Brazil and I sort of exploded the glass without meaning to really. That was before we knew we were magical ..."

"A boa constrictor told you it had never seen Brazil?" Ron repeated faintly.

"So?" Harry said. "I bet loads of people here can do it."

"Oh no they can't." Amy butted in. "It's not a very common gift."

"Yeah! I'd die for that talent!" Shannon enthused.

"It's awesome!" Suzanne agreed.

"Daisy, Harry, this is bad." Hermione said.

"What's bad?" I asked.

"What's wrong with everyone? Listen, if we hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin -" Harry started.

"Oh, that's what you said to it?" Ron said.

"What d'you mean? You were there ... you heard us." Harry said.

"I heard you speaking Parseltongue." Ron said. "Snake language. You could have been saying anything. No wonder Justin panicked, you sounded like you were egging the snake on or something. It was creepy, you know?"

"We spoke a different language? But - I didn't realise - how can you speak a language without knowing you can speak it?" I gasped.

"Dunno, but it's bad." Terry said, sounding worried. "Salazar Slytherin was famous for being able to talk to snakes. Everyone's going to think you guys are his descendants. They'll think you're the Heirs of Slytherin."

"But - but - we're not!" I spluttered.

"Try convincing them!" Terry grinned. "Good luck with that."

Harry and I made eye contact.

'What if we are?' Harry sent to me.

'I dunno.' I sent back. 'I dunno what'll happen.'

Yeah, whatever. I don't care what they think! #Yolo!

Terry got out his phone and pulled up my YouTube video of Lavender, Parvati, Hermione, and I dancing and singing 'Gotta Go My Own Way' from High School Musical Two and we all watched.

1