Chapter 16 – The Heir of Slytherin
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terry's POV

We all sat around Hermione's bed awkwardly. Daisy had just gone off to the bathroom with a strange look on her face. 

"Wonder if she did see the attacker, though?" Ron said, looking sadly at Hermione's rigid face. "Because if he sneaked up on them all, no one'll ever know ..."

Harry bent closer to Hermione's fist. He pointed out a piece of paper randomly scrunched up in there.

"Try and get it out." I whispered, shifting my chair so that I blocked Harry from Madam Pomfrey's view.

He got it out, and we all crowded around to read it. 

It was torn from a textbook and it was about Basilisks. Hermione had written the word 'pipes' beneath it.

"This is it!" Harry breathed. "This is the answer. The monster in the Chamber's a Basilisk - a giant serpent! THAT'S why I've been hearing that voice all over the place, and nobody else has heard it. It's because I understand Parseltongue ... I wonder if Daisy heard it ..."

"Speaking of Softpaw, she's been gone for a while." I said.

"Wonder if she ran into a wall." Fred sniggered.

"Again." George added.

"Pipes ... pipes ..." Malfoy was murmuring. "Guys, it's been using the plumbing. Harry's been hearing that voice inside the walls ..."

I had a sudden realisation because I'm a Ravenclaw and therefore I'm genius, "The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets! What if it's a bathroom? What if it's in -"

"Moaning Myrtle's bathroom!" Harry said.

"That means you and Softpaw can't be the only Parselmouths in the school. The Heir of Slytherin's one, too. That's how they've been controlling the Basilisk." Fred said.

"What're we going to do?" George said, whose eyes were flashing. "Shall we go straight to McGonagall?"

"Let's go to the staff room." Ron said, jumping up. "She'll be there in ten minutes, it's nearly break."

We all charged down to the staff room and crowded inside, pacing around. But the bell to signal break never came.

"All students to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers come to the second floor corridor. Immediately, please." Professor McGonagall's voice echoed through the halls.

"Not another attack? Not now?" Harry gasped.

We all glanced at each other, then sprinted down to the corridor next to the girl's bathrooms.

Teachers were standing around the wall, which had new writing on it. It chilled me to the bone, which is quite hard to do. I'm hardcore.

'Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.'

"It has happened." Professor McGonagall said. "A student has been taken by the monster. Right into the Chamber itself."

Where's Daisy? She's been in the bathrooms for quite some time ...

Wait. She was in the bathrooms ... what if she went to these ones? What she saw the Heir taking the student, and the Heir saw her, and decided to hurt her or dispose of her so that she'd never tell who the Heir was?! Oh SHIT!

Professor Sprout had clapped her hands over her mouth. Snape gripped the back of Filch's chair very hard. Professor Flitwick burst into tears. 

"Who is it?" Madam Hooch said, pale-faced. "Which student?"

"Daisy Potter."

Harry sunk to the ground. Ron froze, his face a picture of shock. The twins stood, pale, wide-eyed, and shaking. Malfoy collapsed against a wall, his face even paler than usual. What are they reacting about? They didn't say Daisy Potter ... they DIDN'T ...

As the reality sunk in, I sank to the ground beside Harry, burying my face in my hands. No ... no ... why her? Why not - why not ME?!

I love her ... and I can't bear to see her hurt. What if she's dead?!

Memories flashed through my mind. Me and her searching for passageways in our first week. Her laughing as we pranked. Me and her, lying in the snow together. If she's dead ... the memories of her will fade away. The good times will never happen again. Nothing will ever be the same. The pain hacked away at my heart. The disbelief clouded my brain. THIS ISN'T HAPPENING ...

"We shall have to send all the students home tomorrow." Professor McGonagall said. "This is the end of Hogwarts. Dumbledore always said ..."

Lockhart suddenly sprinted into the corridor from the other end, beaming. What's he smiling for? My best friend is probably dead ...

"So sorry - dozed off - what have I missed?" 

He didn't seem to notice that the other teachers were looking at him with something remarkably like hatred. I don't blame them. Snape stepped forward.

"Just the man." He said. "The very man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Taken into the Chamber of Secrets itself. Your moment has come at last."

Lockhart blanched.

"That's right, Gilderoy." Professor Sprout chipped in. "Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

"I - well, I -" spluttered Lockhart.

"Yes, didn't you tell me you were sure you knew what was inside it?" Professor Flitwick piped up.

"D-did I? I don't recall ..."

"I certainly remember you saying you were sorry you hadn't had a crack at the monster before Hagrid was arrested." Snape said. "Didn't you say the whole affair had been bungled, and that you should have been given a free rein from the first?"

At last Lockhart broke down and said that he was going to get ready. We all hurried off silently to Gryffindor Tower.

It was the worst night of my life. We all sat around a table, even though Malfoy and I weren't exactly meant to be here. A few other people came and joined us: Neville, Seamus, Dean, Katie, Louis, Lewis, Kurt, Lavender, Parvati, the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and Lee. We all just sat there, staring into space, looking depressed. Harry started silently crying a few minutes after we came up. Malfoy had his head in his hands the entire time. The twins were the same. Neville looked traumatised. The others were all wide-eyed and white-faced. Ginny had ran up to her room and shut herself up when we told her. I could feel myself slipping into a depressed oblivion. The entire common room was silent with grief and horror. Everyone, literally everyone, knew Daisy Potter, the hot, brave, and hilarious prankster. Everyone was horrified at the fact that she was gone, kidnapped, probably dead.

She must have knew or witnessed something. She was - IS - a half-blood. There's no other reason.

Everyone left at around the sunset to go up to bed, because they couldn't sit there any longer. Only Harry, Ron, the twins, Malfoy, and I remained. We decided to go to Lockhart and tell him all we knew.

But when we found him, he was packing. He told us that he was leaving. Coward. He told us that he never did do the things in his books. He took credit for things other people had done and took away their memories. He tried to take away ours - but Harry disarmed him, and we took him to the bathrooms. Because we have to save Softpaw.

"Oh, it's you." Myrtle said when she saw us. "What do you want this time?" She glared at me, and I nearly sniggered.

"To ask you how you died." Harry said.

"Ooooh, it was dreadful." She said with relish. "It happened right in here. I died in this very cubicle. I remember it so well. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. The door was locked, and I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in. They said something funny. A different language, I think it must have been. Anyway, what really got me was that it was a BOY speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go and use his own toilet, and then -" Myrtle swelled importantly, her face shining, "I DIED." 

"How?" Harry asked.

"No idea." Myrtle said in hushed tones. "I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes. My whole body sort of seized up, and then I was floating away ..." She looked dreamily at Harry. "And then I came back again. I was determined to haunt Olive Hornby, you see. Oh, she was sorry she'd ever laughed at my glasses." 

I wonder if Daisy had come back to haunt the shit out of Zabini, Pratinson, and Floppy.

NO. She is not dead.

"Where exactly did you see the eyes?" I asked urgently.

"Somewhere there." She pointed vaguely at the sinks.

We all hurried over to them. Harry started twisting a tap with a snake scratched on to the side of it.

"That tap's never worked." Myrtle beamed.

"Harry." I said. "Say something to it - in Parseltongue."

"Open up." Harry said, and looked at us.

The twins shook their heads. "English." They said simultaneously.

Harry took a deep breath and tried again. This time, he made some sort of hissing sound. The sink drew back, creaking, then sunk into the ground. There was a wide pipe leading into the ground. I peered down into it. It was pitch black. I couldn't see the bottom.

This is it. We're coming for you, Daisy. We'll save you.

And I'll protect you.

Draco's POV

I stared down at the pipe in the ground. I'm kinda scared, but if this is what I have to do to save Daisy, then I'll do it. I'll do anything for her.

I would die for her.

"I'm going down there." Boot, Potter, and I said at the same time. 

I can't not go. It's a chance to save Daisy.

'Not if she's already dead ...' 

No. Shut up. She's not dead, she's NOT, she can't be! 

If she did die, I would kill myself. I couldn't live without her. She's my entire life, my one and only.

"Us too." The twins chorused.

"And me." Ron said.

There was a pause.

"Well, you hardly seem to need me." Lockhart said, with a shadow of his old smile. "I'll just -" He put his hand on the doorknob, but we all pointed our wands at him.

"You can go first." Harry snarled.

Lockhart approached the opening. "Boys, boys, what good will it do?" 

We pushed him down. Harry followed. Then Boot, then the twins. Then Weasley. Then it was me.

I approached the opening, shaking slightly. 

You're doing this for HER.

I jumped.

I slid down a very long pipe and arrived on a pile of rodent bones. I tried not to think about what Daisy might look like if we found her. WHEN we found her. I got up, brushing myself down, and the others and I crunched our way across to another pipe. We walked through it and arrived in another room. There was what looked like a large snake skin. 

"Blimey." Weasley said weakly.

Lockhart suddenly dived at him, grabbing his wand. "The adventure ends here, boys! I shall take a bit of this skin back up to the school, tell them I was too late to save the girl, and that you lot TRAGICALLY lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. Say goodbye to your memories!"

He raised Weasley's Spellotaped wand high over his head and yelled, "Obliviate!"

The tunnel above us exploded and huge chunks of rock fell from the ceiling. Next moment, it was Boot, Potter, and I standing gazing at a solid wall of broken rock.

"Ron, Fred, George!" Potter called out. "Are you okay?" 

"We're here!" Weasley's voice came from behind the rocks. 

"We're okay!" One of the twins called.

"This git's not, though. He got blasted by the wand!" The other called.

There was a dull thud and a loud "Ow!" It sounded as if one of the Weasley's had just kicked Lockhart in the shins.

We were wasting time. Daisy had already been in the Chamber of Secrets for hours. 

I glanced at the other two. They nodded.

"Wait there." I called. "Wait with Lockhart. We'll go on. If we're not back in an hour ..."

There was a pause.

"We'll shift this rock, you lot, so you can get back through. Good luck." Ron Weasley said.

"Save our clan member, Hopper." Fred Weasley said.

"I still ship them!" I heard George hiss.

"No, it's all about Draisy ..." Fred hissed back.

The sound of their arguing faded as we made our way down the tunnel.

Eventually we reached a door in the wall. There were metal snakes on it.

Harry hissed at it. It opened. We all climbed through it.

We arrived in a very long, dimly lit chamber. But where was Daisy?

THERE. A small, black-robed figure with jet-black, long, curly hair lay at the end of the Chamber.

I sprinted towards her, Boot and Potter following close behind. I fell to the ground beside her. I lifted her up on to my knees. Her face was marble-white, and she felt as cold as that too. But her eyes were closed, so she couldn't be Petrified ... but that means ...

"No, no, no." I whispered fervently, my voice getting louder. Boot and Potter were pleading too. "Please, Daisy, please wake up! Please! I can't live without you, I-"

"She won't wake." A soft voice said.

All three of us jumped and spun around on our knees. 

A tall, black-haired boy was leaning against the nearest pillar, watching. He was strangely blurred around the edges, as though I was looking at him through a misted window.

"Tom - Tom Riddle?" Potter gasped.

Riddle nodded, not taking his eyes off Daisy's face.

"What d'you mean, she won't wake?" Boot said desperately. "She's not - she's not -?"

"She's still alive." Riddle said. "But only just."

"Are you a ghost?" Potter said uncertainly.

"A memory." Riddle said quietly. "Preserved in a diary for fifty years." 

He pointed towards a small black diary lying open beside Daisy.

"You've got to help us, Tom." I said, hoisting Daisy up off the floor. "We've got to get her out of here. There's a Basilisk ... I don't know where it is, but it could be along any moment. Please, help us ..."

Riddle didn't move. I bent to pick up my wand again. But it was gone. 

"Did you see -?" I looked up. Riddle was still watching Daisy - twirling all three of our wands in his long fingers.

"Thanks." Potter said, stretching out his hand for them. 

A smile curled the corners of Riddle's mouth. He continued to stare at Daisy, twirling the wands idly.

"Listen." Boot said urgently. "We've got to go! If the Basilisk comes ..."

"It won't come until it is called." Riddle said calmly. 

"What d'you mean?" I said. "Look, give us our wands. We might need them."

Riddle's smile broadened. "You won't be needing them."

We all stared at him. "What d'you mean, we won't be -?"

"I've waited a long time for this, Harry Potter." Riddle said. "For the chance to see the Potter twins. To speak to them. Only little Miss Potter lost consciousness before I could talk to her." 

"Look." Boot said, losing patience. "I don't think you get it. We're in the Chamber of Secrets. We can talk later."

"We're going to talk now." Riddle said, still smiling broadly, and pocketed our wands.

We all stared at him. I had a feeling something very funny was going on here.

"How did Daisy get like this?" Potter asked slowly.

"Well, that's an interesting question." Riddle said pleasantly. "And quite a long story. I suppose the real reason Daisy Potter's like this is because she opened her heart and spilled all her secrets to an invisible stranger."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"The diary." Riddle said. "MY diary. Little Daisy's been writing in it for months and months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes, about her life, her loves, what sort of revenge she was going to get on Blaise Zabini, and her pranks. But most and best of all, her powers ..."

All the time he spoke, Riddle's eyes never left Daisy's face. There was an almost hungry look in them.

"It was very exciting. She can do loads of things: do magic without a wand, perform Legilimency, torture people, fly, twist the very existence of time ..." Riddle smirked. "I was sympathetic, I was kind, and she simply LOVED me. 'No one's ever understood me like you, Tom ... I'm so glad I've got this diary to confide in ... It's like having a friend I can carry around in my pocket ...'" Riddle laughed, a high, cold laugh that didn't suit him. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"If I say it myself, I've always been able to charm the people I needed. So Daisy poured out her soul to me, and her soul happened to be exactly what I wanted. But I also want her powers ... I grew stronger and stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful, as powerful as the great Daisy Potter. Powerful enough to start feeding Miss Potter a few of MY secrets, to start pouring a little of MY soul back into HER ..."

"What d'you mean?" Potter asked, sounding scared. I looked to my left and saw Boot, who looked just as scared as Potter sounded. My mouth had gone very dry.

"Haven't you guessed yet, Harry Potter?" Riddle said softly. "Your twin opened the Chamber of Secrets. She strangled the school roosters and daubed threatening messages on the walls. She set the serpent of Slytherin on four Mudbloods, and the Squib's cat." 

"No." We all whispered simultaneously.

"Yes." Riddle said calmly. "Of course, she didn't KNOW what she was doing at first. It was very amusing. I wish you could have seen her new diary entries ... far more interesting, they became ...'Dear Tom,'" he recited, as us three watched in horror, "'I think I'm losing my memory. There are rooster feathers all over my robes and I don't know how they got there. Dear Tom, I can't remember what I did on the night of Halloween, but a cat was attacked and I had blood all over my hands. Dear Tom, Harry keeps telling me I'm pale and I'm not myself. I think he suspects me ... there was another attack today and I don't know where I was. Tom, what am I going to do? I think I'm going mad ... I think I'm the one attacking everyone, Tom!'"

Boot had an extremely angry look on his face. Potter was gritting his teeth, pure fury on his. My fists were clenched, my nails digging deep into my palms.

"It took a long time for little Daisy to stop trusting her diary." Riddle said. "But she finally became suspicious and tried to dispose of it. And that's where you came in, Harry. You found it, and I was delighted. But you didn't have the great powers your sister does ..."

We all stared angrily at him. 

"Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now, my new target has been - YOU. YOU - and HER."

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Of course I want her powers before I use up her life force. Or I'll kill her now, because I'm quite content with how I am now."

"W-WHAT?!" 

"So I made Daisy write her own farewell on the wall and come down here to wait. She struggled and cried and became VERY boring. But there isn't much life left in her: she put too much into the diary, into me. Enough to let me leave its pages at last. I have been waiting for you to appear since we arrived here. I knew you'd come. I have many questions for you, Harry Potter."

"Like what?" Potter spat, fists clenched.

"Well," said Riddle, smiling pleasantly, "how is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent like his sister managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did YOU escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" 

"Why do you care how I escaped?" Potter said slowly. "Voldemort was after your time." 

"Voldemort," said Riddle softly, "is my past, present, and future, Harry Potter ..."

He pulled a wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words:

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE

Then he waved the wand once, and the letters of his name rearranged themselves:

I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

"You see?" He whispered. "It was a name I was already using at Hogwarts, to my most intimate friends only, of course. You think I was going to use my filthy Muggle father's name for ever? I, in whose veins runs the blood of Salazar Slytherin himself, through my mother's side? I, keep the name of a foul, common Muggle, who abandoned me even before I was born, just because he found out his wife was a witch? No, Harry. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I had become the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

We all stared at him. I felt sort of scared, but I will take him on, if I have to, to save Daisy ...

"You're not." A quiet voice spoke from my arms. 

Daisy's POV

"Albus Dumbledore is."

I stared blearily up at Tom Riddle from someone's arms - probably my Dragon's, as they smell of him.

The room was spinning around and around because of my waking-up problem. I hope this doesn't affect my chances of surviving in here.

I also feel really weak. Probably because of the life force he's draining out of me.

"Ah, Miss Potter." Riddle smirked down at me. "Nice of you to join us. Looks like you were kidnapped and are having the life drained out of you."

"Shut up, asshole." I snarled. 

Just then, phoenix music filled the air, and Fawkes the phoenix swept in with the Sorting Hat.

Everyone looked at them, all like 'Dafuq?'. 

"I just need your powers, then I can kill you and your friends." Riddle continued as if nothing had happened.

"I don't think so." Harry said, as he and Terry stood in front of Draco and I. Dragon pulled me closer to him protectively.

"Oh, out of the way, you two." Riddle laughed. That laugh ... that was the laugh in the back of my mind every time I had a blank period ... the laugh that haunts my nightmares.

He swished a wand, and Harry and Terry fell to the side. Draco backed away, Riddle taking steps towards us with a sadistic grin on his face. 

Draco's back hit a wall. We had nowhere to go. We were cornered, trapped.

Riddle approached. He grabbed me, sliding his arms under my neck and under my knees, and lifting me. I tried to fight it, but I was too exhausted, too dizzy.

He walked away from the three of them, who were getting up and charging towards us. Riddle flicked his wand carelessly at them, and they were knocked to the ground.

He approached the foot of the statue and spoke in Parseltongue. "Speak to me, Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts Four."

The Basilisk came slithering out of the statue. I heard it, not saw it, because I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Kill them!" 

Riddle carried me over to a pillar, lay me down on a stone bench, and stood over me. He laughed as he watched the Basilisk and Harry, Terry, and Draco as they blundered about, their eyes shut. Fawkes was flying around it's head trying to do something. Wait ... he was gouging out it's eyes! It was thrashing around, trying to throw Fawkes off, but the phoenix succeeded. The three of them opened their eyes, and sprinted away from the giant snake. They glanced at me and I waved them to continue to escape.

Riddle crouched next to me and got out Harry's wand. He began murmuring incantations, and I felt my powers straining to get out of me. But I held them back.

The three boys kept glancing, panicked, at me as they dodged in and out of the pipes. 

Minutes later, and Riddle had somewhat succeeded. Something pure white rose up out of my chest, palms, and fingertips. He smirked wildly, an odd red gleam in his hungry eyes.

Someone threw a rock at him. Terry.

"Oi!" He yelled. "Get away from my best friend!"

Riddle stood up, furious. I grabbed the Sorting Hat while he was distracted, and put it on. 

"Help me, help me!" I whispered urgently.

Something hard clunked down on my head. I took the Hat off and took a silver sword with glittering rubies out of it.

"Run, Hopper!" I yelled as I sprinted for a pipe. I tried not to run off-course and succeeded. Terry transformed into his Animagus form and hopped off. I dodged in and out of the pipes, passing Harry and Draco, until finally all four of us met in the middle of the Chamber, our backs to each other, each of us looking for the Basilisk. Riddle was leaning against a pillar, arms folded, watching us with a smirk on his face. The Basilisk came slithering out of a pipe nearby.

"Kill the boys, but not the girl." Riddle hissed in Parseltongue. 

"I don't think so." I hissed in Parseltongue to him, tossing the sword to Harry and transforming into my Animagus form. I darted up the side of the statue, and transformed back. Harry tossed the sword back up to me.

The Basilisk reared up so that its head was at my level. I swung the sword back and struck it on its side. It screeched, and jerked back. I swung the sword around again as it came back, and drove the sword up to the hilt in the roof of the serpent's mouth.

But a fang had stuck into my arm. I wrenched it out, feeling even dizzier than before. Blood poured from the wound.

I fell off the statue, the sword falling with me. The sword fell on me, cutting my arm. White-hot pain was spreading slowly and steadily from the wound. My vision went foggy. The Chamber was dissolving in a whirl of dull colour.

"Daisy - Daisy, no!" Harry cried, falling to his knees beside me.

"Don't die on me! Please, Daisy! No!" Dragon sobbed, doing the same.

"Don't you dare die on me, Daisy Potter!" Terry dropped to his knees.

Fawkes flew onto my shoulder and lay his head against the wound. 

I could heard echoing footsteps and then a dark shadow moved in front of me. 

"Petrificus Totalus! Petrificus Totalus! Petrificus Totalus!" Riddle said. My three companions went stiff. 

"You're dead, Daisy Potter. Dead. Even Dumbledore's bird knows it. Do you see what he's doing, Potter? He's crying."

I blinked. Fawkes was indeed. His head swam in and out of focus.

"I'm going to sit here and watch you die, Daisy Potter. Take your time. I'm in no hurry. Your friends are watching you die, absolutely helpless and powerless to do anything under that curse. I can extract your powers in my own time."

I felt drowsy. Everything around me seemed to be spinning.

 "So ends the famous Daisy Potter." Riddle said as he performed the incantations on me again. This time he succeeded, my powers swirling up in pure white mist and entering his body. His eyes gleamed red.

"Get away, bird." Riddle's voice said suddenly. "Get away from her. I said, GET AWAY!" 

I raised my head. I felt like nothing without my powers, an empty shell. Riddle pointed someone's wand at Fawkes; there was a bang like a gun and Fawkes took flight in a whirl of gold and scarlet.

"Phoenix tears ..." Riddle said quietly, staring at my arm - which was healed?! "Of course ... healing powers ... I forgot ..."

He looked into my face. "But it makes no difference. I've got your powers and I'll finish off your brother and your little friends once I'm done with you. I prefer it this way." He raised the wand. But Fawkes flew over and dropped the diary in my lap - and I suddenly knew what to do. I stabbed the fang in its pages. Ink spurted out, and Riddle's image started crumbling. Light poured from him as he screamed and writhed. He vanished in the light, and it faded. A misty, pure white substance whirled forth and pushed through my palms. My powers were back. And Tom Riddle was gone.

I turned and released my powers at Harry, Terry, and Draco. They sprang out of their paralysed state, gasping. 

"Daisy, oh Daisy -"

"I thought you were going to die!"

"I - Daisy - I can't believe -"

They all flew into me and hugged me. Harry bent to pick up all our wands from the floor.

"That was incredible. Thanks guys, for coming down here to get me." I said.

"Any time!" Terry joked. We all laughed.

Then I swayed on my feet. There was still a cut on my arm from where the sword had hit it, I was still in my dizzy waking-up state, and I still felt weak from the power-ripping and the life-draining. Terry swept me up.

Draco picked up the Sorting Hat and Harry picked up the sword. Together, we made our way through the Chamber of Secrets and through several tunnels. There was a wall of rocks and someone was trying to shift them.

"The heck happened here?" I whispered.

"Long story." Harry hissed back.

"But let's prank Red, Bushy, and Ron, huh?" Terry grinned. "They came too. Pretend that you're dead!"

So Draco announced their arrival as I let myself go limp in Terry's arms. The three of them put on depressed faces and slipped through an opening the guys had managed to make in the rock.

"No - no, she's not - she can't be -" Fred whispered hoarsely when they saw me.

"Softpaw? No, no, please ..." George whispered.

Ron stood there, his face the picture of shock.

"PRANKED!" I yelled, opening my eyes fully. 

The three of them sighed in relief. "Please, please don't ever do that again -"

Lockhart was here too. Dafuq?

"Long story." Ron said when he saw me looking at him. 

Fawkes gestured for us to grab onto his tail and we did. He flew us up the pipe. We arrived in Myrtle's bathroom. We hurried through the corridors to Professor McGonagall's room and knocked, my arm throbbing even worse.

But I was okay. They were okay. We were okay.

2