Prologue
7.5k 25 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly I wake up, confused by the lack of sensation around myself.

Scared, I open my eyes, trying to understand what situation I am in. Unfortunately, everything I see is a dark void, with nothing around me; as I start to panic, I try to concentrate, bent on remembering what the hell happened before I arrived in this void.

----Flashback starts----

I remember leaving my office, having terminated my boring 9 - 17 job, and then moving toward the train station...

I remember that it was raining, and I was carrying an umbrella, with the handle between my neck and shoulder because I was using both my hands to play on my phone...

I was trying to catch a Pokémon on that damn game, throwing pokéballs without any success, using Pinap berry after Pinap berry to catch that shiny Mew that needed the activated AR to be caught...

Then the screech of tires on the wet asphalt, a loud impact, and I am sent flying while pain assaults me, a pain that increases, even more, a second later, when I land, a broken body, dying because I was playing Pokémon Go without watching the street.

And while I was there, my telephone, with the screen cracked but still playing, rested in front of me, with a little white and red ball keeps moving, left and right, while a red light keeps flashing, until it stops, and a congratulations message pops up, only a second before my eyes close for the last time on this world.

 

----Flashback Ends----

 

So I died... the thought of the end of my life fills me with extreme sadness; my mind's starts to move to the fact that I will never see my parents and friends again, and soon the equivalent of tears starts to flows to what I assume must be my soul.

"Well, at least you caught that bugged Pokémon before your dead," A voice shocks me out of my reverie, causing my head to rise.

In front of me, I find a kid wearing a beret with a brim and a yellow clover on top of it; two strange pupils, a diamond and a spade are fixed inside his heterochromatic eyes, watching me with interest.

" Yep, I am a god, the god of games to be exact, and as you died by truck-kun while playing a game I was tasked to reincarnate you," he tells me before I could even ask.

" So I can choose where I will go and have some wishes?" I ask, hoping for the standard tropes.

"Yes and no, I will give you some points and you will choose what to buy with them, from the world to the power-ups."

As he spoke two near-endless lists of options appears in front of me, listing all kinds of words and power-ups.

"You could choose to roll for one of the options for free if you want; I suggest to roll the world, in this way you will have more points for the powers; and speaking of them you may customize a power and I will tell you if you have the budget." He keeps explaining, seeing that I am astonished by the endless possibilities.

"Then I will roll for the world," I say after a couple of minutes of thinking.

At the same moment that I spoke an enormous wheel with countless sectors and a giant arrow appears in front of me.

"Sure, spin the wheel, and let's find your destination," the god says, seizing my soul's "hand" and putting it on the contraption.

As I spun the wheel, the names blurred becoming illegible. Until it slowed to a crawl, ticking every time it passed a peg. Naruto, DCEU, One Piece, Star Wars, Hunter X Hunter, until it finally stops, with the arrow pointing down on the section named MCU.

Fuuuck that's dangerous, I could be snapped from existence... There are literally a million plus ways I could die... I need to find a way to become OP

"Well, that's interesting, a difficult world that has a lot of powerful people, that will make the game more fun... So what power do you want to survive in there?" The words of the god of games wake me up from my reverie.

"Can I have the combined powers and abilities of all the Pokémon?" I ask, hoping to obtain a power that will make me strong enough to survive anything that the film has ever shown.

"Nope, that will be too OP, and you will never be able to pay for it," says the god
"Ah came on..." I reply with a groan.

"But I can give you something similar, I can turn you into a Mew in human form, in this way you will be able to use the moves from all the other Pokémon, but on a smaller scale; this will have some downsides like you will have some instinct from the Pokémon, using your abilities will consume your energy, and as your genome will be already complex you will not be able to incorporate other powers. Oh and no Arceus." He proposes, giving me hope.

That's still kind of OP, so I can live with it...

"The problem is that you don't have enough points to pay, unfortunately" before shutting it down with his next words.

"Then why you proposed it?!?" I shout, only to be interrupted "Because you can have enough points if you choose the hard mode" he grins at me,

"Wait, what?" Confusion is apparent on my face while I ask.

"If you choose to reincarnate without any memories from before this conversation, aside from the ones tied to your power, you will have enough points" god throws a bombshell at me, inserting a new rule that changes everything.

"Can't you make an exception? If I reincarnate without memories I won't be myself anymore" I try to compromise, scared of the chance of losing myself and stopping existing.

"Nope, this is your character creation and you have that limited amount of points, I can't change the rules" he grins, likely knowing something that I don't.

"Than I will refu-" I start saying, but before I can end my sentence, he stops me,
"But you should not worry, even if you lose your memory you shall always be the same..."

I take my time, mulling over his word, before realizing the as a God he probably doesn't need to lie to me to obtain whatever he may want.

The power he is offering is OP, but at the same time, I can see that will require a lot of control to use... The turning into a Pokémon will be strange, even if I will still look like a man, how the hell will my biology work? But I doubt he will offer something better to me, he referred to all of this as a game, and I don't doubt the god of games will have anything going against his will in a game...

"Then I accept," I say, at the end of my pondering.

"Good, now I will remove your memories, except things that concern Pokémon and the MCU, consider the last part as a gift from myself. Farewell, I will follow your life, so be entertaining" I can faintly hear his last words as everything goes black.

For the one that didn't recognize the god here is the answer

123