Chapter 5
4.2k 12 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When my parents later came home, they found me sobbing in my room. Their first act was to try to understand what's happened, but I was still shocked at how bad I screwed up, and so I remained unresponsive.

I didn't even remember the moment that they decide to call Peter's Aunt or their conversation. Everything I remember for the rest of the day was the pain I felt, conscious of how much I hurt someone I love.

The next morning, I woke up feeling like shit, without even the desire to rise from the bed, choosing to simply lay there, watching the ceiling.

I shrug off a couple of messages from Ned and MJ, asking why both Peter and myself missed the last two days of school, but I deemed them unimportant and decided to simply stay there, watching the ceiling, leaving the bed only to eat and take care of my self.

And so I did on that day, and the next, ignoring every call and every message. Ignoring my parents, that keeps trying to understand the cause of my depression, ignoring Ned that came trying to help, ignoring everyone.

I kept getting depressed, until, at the end of Christmas eve, I heard a voice coming from the outside of my door.

"Open the door" Peter's voice was like a clap of thunder, striking on my guilty conscience.

"Go away," I say from my bed, my cheeks still wet from my last tears.

"No, I need to speak to you," he keeps saying, still furious from last time.

"But I don't want to speak with you," I repeat, unprepared to meet him right now.

"I don't care. I'm here, and now we will speak," he repeats, fully committed to his desire of speaking face to face.

"Then speak, I will cover my ears and ignore you," I shout with a bout of childishness.

"Then I will scream, and everyone will hear the continuation of our last conversation,"

Peter says with a tone that I know implies a smile. Both of us know I'm gonna yield, even if don't want to, and so I hiss back "You won't".

"Are you sure about it? Your parents are only a couple of meters from us. Maybe they can even hear us right now." He throws back a verbal jab.

Peter knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't have said anything about my powers to my parents, and that I will open the door instead of risking being exposed. "I hate you when you use your head..." I mumble while a smirk appears on my face.

"Are you opening the door then?" He taunts me, knowing that now I can't do anything other than meet his request.

Sighing, I rise from the bed, then I start moving toward the door.
Finally putting my hand on the handle, I turn it, ready to speak.

 

-----<Peter Pov>-----

December 22, 2015
When Aunt May returned home, I was still splayed on the ground, not having moved since this morning when Sig has broken all the trust I had in him.

I have known him for several years, and I can say that I came to know him very well. I knew he was someone that never thought of the consequence of his actions, but I never thought he could be so stupid.

She was confused when she found me nearly unresponsive, until she received a call from Sig's parents, telling her how they found him.

It didn't take her more than a minute to close the call and enter my room. Sitting on the bed, she started to speak "Do you want to talk about it?"

"There is nothing to talk about," I answer, without moving my eyes from the spot they are fixed on.

"I doubt it, I mean you and Sig spend a night together, and the next day both of you are a mess, crying on your own. Something must have happened," she replies, certain that something has happened.

"He did something stupid, and I am furious with him," I say, still thinking about how he has chosen to change me.

"Ok, but this does not explain your situation," Aunt May says, knowing well enough that my answer to rage isn't like that.

"And I may have said something that I don't think, something that must have hurt him," I continue, knowing that while he did something stupid, he isn't the only one.

"Well, this explains a lot more..." I can see an int of a smile on her face when she says this, prompting me to answer again, "I know that I should go see him, but I can't, I need to be alone for a bit of time."

After my last phrase, she took her time, pondering on her words, before telling me, "I understand, you are very mature, I know you will do the right thing." And leaving me alone.

 

------------

 

On the next day, I decide to not go to school. Choosing to walk around queens, I move erratically, giving myself the time to think about what happened, to put things in the right perspective.

It takes me most of the day to come to terms with what Sig did, even if I can't understand the reason behind his choice.

Only in the late afternoon, I decided to open my phone, ready to find tens of messages and lost calls from Ned and MJ.

Through them, I learn that Sig didn't go to school either and that he wasn't even willing to see Ned, that tried to go to his home to cheer him up.

At the end of the day, I decide that tomorrow, on Christmas Eve I will visit him, to try to hear his reasons, and maybe forgive him.

I wake on the next day feeling really tense, having tough on the impending conversation for most of the night.

At the same time, I am not sure if visiting him is the right choice. I am unsure about what should I do, and only Aunt May pressing forced me to move to Sig house.

When we arrive there, Mr. And Ms. Moon welcome us, but the usual jovial air of the house is missing. I can feel a heavy air in the house, like an aura of negativity, moving out of Sig's room.

Leaving Aunt May with them, I move to Sig's bedroom, and I say, " Open the door."

"Go away," a meek answer, totally unlike Sig is all I receive.

"No, I need to speak to you" I press against the door, ready to open it, even against his wishes.

"But I don't want to speak with you," he replies, with a depressed tone that I recognize as the voice of someone that has cried.

"I don't care. I'm here, and now we will speak," I say, fully committed to getting the answers to my questions.

"Then speak, I will cover my ears and ignore you" this is the kind of childish reply I can expect from Sig.

Classic Sig, trying to ignore the problem instead of solving it.

And as it is one of his standard modes, I am already used to find a way around it. "Then I will scream, and everyone will hear the continuation of our last conversation," I say, fully knowing he will refuse.

"You won't." Sig hisses. He will yield soon, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

"Are you sure about it? Your parents are only a couple of meters from us. Maybe they can even hear us right now." I trow my last verbal jab, already knowing that he will open the door after a couple of remarks.

"I hate you when you use your head..." I hear Sig mumbling,

"Are you opening the door then?" I ask, before hearing the noise of him leaving his bed and moving towards the door.

I distinctly hear his hand as he takes the handle and turns it, opening the door for a time long enough to pull me in, before closing it again.

In Sig's room, I find myself in the middle of a dark mess of books, clothes, and comics.
It takes a moment for my eyes to adapt to the darkness, and when I do I find Sig again in his bed, covered by blankets from head to toes.

"Sig, why are you hiding under your sheets?" I ask, confused by his reaction.

"Because you said that you don't want to see me ever again, in this way you won't see me..." He mumbles, nearly stopping my heart with his moe power.

"Sig, I am sorry about what I said to you, but you have done something really, really stupid," I say, feeling a bit guilty for my outburst.

"You are right, and I am sorry, I did something stupid without thinking of the possible consequences..." He starts lamenting, while his voice is broken by a subtle sobbing.

"So now you understand it?" I ask, trying to maintain a serious face, while all I really want at this moment is to hug him and stop the crying.

"Yes... I thought that you would be happy to gain superpowers, but I didn't think about your choice. I should have asked..." he replies with a low voice.

"Well, yes. I mean, I would have said yes, but I would have preferred to have the choice..." I say, surprised that even a blockhead like him has reached the right conclusion.

"Sorry, will you forgive me?" Sig asks with a broken voice.

"I already did, now get out of the bed" I reply, aware that all the rage that I had has evaporated as I had heard his sobbing voice.

"I don't want to" he answers, catching me off guard.

"Sig... Be a grown-up and get out of the bed, your parents are worried about you". I say, unsure of the reason for his childishness.

"I will get out later, now leave," He tells me with a panicked tone.

"Sig, don't force me to kick you out of your bed..." Curious about what may be his problem, I decided to take the control of the situation.

It takes only a moment for me to grab the blankets and throw them away, revealing Sig that promptly shouts, "Eh?!?!"

Confused about what I am seeing, I can only ask with dread, "Sig, why you are wearing a pink Onesie!? And why you have a body pillow made in my image?!"

107