Interlude – May Parker 2
2.7k 4 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nearly six months have passed since the day I started having doubts about Sig and Peter's relationship.

Six months since Charles and I made that bet, one that I am not sure to win anymore.

While the possibility of them being in a relationship increases as the weeks pass, my original idea of Peter being the one on top is slowly crumbling.

Things started slowly, Peter and Sig slowly increased the time they spent together, from training together, then they started always going out together, and most of the time without Ned.

Even if this kind of thing were to be explained, there is one thing that won't make sense in any other situation.

They sleep in the same bed, a lot. Once or twice I will accept it, but nowadays, they sleep together multiple times a week, using the days that they have a house without supervision.

And while at first they at least pretended to use two beds, they always slept in one bed in the last month, further convincing me that they are a couple.

Someone could be unsure why I am losing hope in Peter being the one on top, this is because every time I see them, Sig is the one that has the rein, always controlling the situation and moving as he was marking his territory.

The fact that Sig is always trying to develop their relationship while Peter keeps accepting his demands, doesn't help to change the idea that is gaining importance in my mind.

Maybe I should speak with Peter and try to persuade him to stop being so passive... Should it be considered cheating if I hint at him to push Sig down?
Wait, am I thinking of telling him to push down Sig to win a bet?
I should stop this train of thoughts and let things unfold as they will, nothing good comes to interfering with someone else love life. And maybe I am wrong and Peter will be the one on top...

An unexpected ringing wakes me from my train of thoughts. When I reach my phone, I can only sigh seeing the caller.

"Good afternoon Charles, why are you calling?" I ask, not sure if it was Karna paying me back for my wrong thoughts.

"Oh, nothing, I was going to tell you that we have returned home from our presentation and found that tonight Peter and Sig used one single bed again." He replies, confirming what we already expected.

"So what? It may have been Peter's idea, this doesn't mean that you will win our bet." I say, knowing from his tone that he was going to claim the fact as a piece of evidence that Sig is going to win him the bet.

"Oh my, I haven't said anything about the bet. Are you that scared of losing?" He asks, taunting me after my exaggerated reaction.

"As I will, Peter will take the rein of their relationship one of these days, and you will have to admit I was right," I answer, not wanting to admit anything before the die is cast.

"Sure, everything that helps you sleep at night." He replies, knowing that this way is going to infuriate me.

"You are an asshole," I say after grinding my teeth.

"You say that only because I'll win. I can't wait to see Sig coming to your door to take Peter to the school ball, appointing a boutonnière on Peter's chest." He says, sounding more like a rotten fujoshi than a father.

Hearing the sound of my doorbell, I decide to end the conversation saying, "I will ignore you from now on, there is someone at my door."

Knowing that I was telling the truth, he says goodbye, "Ok, have a good day."

"You too," I reply before closing the call.

Moving to the door, I see who has rung the doorbell.

Finding myself an extraordinary famous face, I open the door, confused by the event.

"You are Maybelle Parker?" Asks the man I recognize as Peter's hero.

"Yes," I answer, confused by his presence on my doorstep.

Seeing my confusion, he extends his hand and says, "I am Tony Stark, and I am here to speak to your nephew."

 

Today I'll add an announcement and a poll to the chapter.

The announcement is tied to the fact that I will be kinda busy in the next couple of months, so I'll reduce the publishing speed to 1 chapter a week.

The poll is instead tied to an idea that I had. At first, I thought of making the romance part of the story a three-way polyamorous relationship between Sig, Peter, and a girl, but now I have another idea. 

I was thinking of changing it to a four-way between two couples, one made of Sig and Pete, and one made of two girls.

I'd like to hear your opinion in the comments.

So what do you prefer?
  • The original three-way Votes: 79 38.3%
  • The new four-way between two couples Votes: 127 61.7%
Total voters: 206
72