Chapter 22
1.5k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Peter PoV

I woke up yawning and as I try to stretch, I'm unable to, as my arms are constricted by someone else's ones.

While I try to free myself, the cuddling pink monster starts mumbling, " five more minutes..."

"We will be late for the first day of school if we don't start moving," I say while sighing, still squirming between Sig's arms.

He snorts at my words while tightening his arms, pressing his chest against my back. The heat of his body against mine makes me falter for a second, nearly making me accept his suggestion, before reason returns, making me wriggle in his arms.

"Oh, come on, nothing important ever happens on the first day. And I won't be able to see you this evening as I will be visiting my grandfather... "Sig replies with the slow voice of someone that is still asleep.

"I know. You already told me," I say, still trying to free myself, unwilling to be late on the first day of the new year.

He seems unwilling to let me go as he keeps talking while nesting his head between my head and shoulder, murmuring to my ear, "But this will mean that I won't be able to hug you this evening, so I'll keep you here until my batteries are fully charged."

A pang of embarrassment makes me turn red for a moment as his breath tickles my ear before I am able to clear my head again. Unwilling to lose control as the first thing in the morning, take another couple of seconds to calm down, before sighing. Fully conscious that no word would free me from his huggy arms, I chose to do the only thing that could have some results, moving out of the bed with him attached to me like a koala.

Moving to the kitchen, I start preparing two bowls of milk while he keeps hugging me from behind, tickling my ear with his hot breath.   

"Eat," I say while sighing, unwilling to be late for our first day of school.

"Don't wanna," he replies while nibbling at my ear.

I start blushing as the sensation of his tongue around my earlobe makes a sparkle of pleasure that travels along my spine. Suppressing a moan, I reply with a troubled voice, "Come on..."

"To eat I would have to stop hugging you," Sig replies, stopping his nibbling only to start kissing my nape.

I sigh again, taking my time to think of a solution while regaining my bearing before speaking again, "if you stop hugging me, I'll spoon-feed you."

Hearing my words, Sig stops hugging me immediately, moving in front of me while replying, "no comeback now."

Nodding to his words, I move to the pantry while speaking, "Let me take the cereals and the spoons..."

Before I could reach for the cereal box, he replies to my words, "But I want the cookies."

Confused by his request, I ask with a frown, "How can I spoon-feed you if you are not using a spoon?"

"With your fingers Pete," he answers with a smirk.

Red colors my cheeks while dangerous thoughts appear in my mind, causing me to stutter, "That's..."

"You accepted without comebacks," he says, keeping his teasing while his face turns into a grin.

"Fine," I sigh, before taking a box of cookies and bringing it to the table.

I take a cookie and dip half of it in the milk, before finding my hand blocked and pushed down while Sig speaks, "You should dip it more..."

"Now my fingers are wet..." I complain while letting my hand be pushed down.

"Doesn't matter," he replies while bringing my hand and the cookie to his mouth. Taking a step further, he starts licking the remains of milk and biscuit from my fingers, causing me to turn as red as an apple and forcing a yelp out of me. "Sig!"

Taking a biscuit out of the box, he dips it in milk and presents it to me, causing me to roll my eyes before accepting it.

I refused to lick his fingers, so after finishing it, I took another one.

We keep feeding each other till Sig takes a biscuit, and asks, " do you want to do a Lady and the Tramp?" Before putting half of it in his mouth.

It takes a moment for me to understand, as my pupils enlarge and embarrassment colors my cheeks red.

Damn Sig, you know that now I want to...

"... Fine..." I murmur after a couple of seconds, moving my face in front of his.

It takes me another second to accumulate the guts to move to the next step, finally taking the second half of the cookie and kissing him.

"You are such a shy lady..." He says jokingly after shallowing his half of the biscuit.

"Then you are a tramp," I reply while rolling my eyes, used to his nonsense.

"I can be whatever you want..." He says with a sultry voice while winking, causing a shiver to my spine.

"Even someone serious?" I ask, hoping to find a moment of peace in my life, even if deeply I know the answer.

"That's impossible," he replies while smiling, causing a sigh to escape from my lips.

"I imagined, but I can always hope..." I reply, with tiredness apparent on my face. 

---------

After that, the morning went on quite well, if we don't consider that Sig made me agree to help build Ned's death Star in a way to prevent me from going heroing solo.

I understand his worries about possible dangers but come on, the most dangerous people we have met in the queen's streets were tugs with guns, and I can handle them without any problems.

So, after saying goodbye to Sig and Ned after school, I go directly to retrieve the costume, hoping to take care of as many criminals as I can before meeting Ned.

Overall, the afternoon was kinda boring. I was only able to catch a bike thief and help a couple of people here and there.

As I see the receding sun and the nearing of twilight I decide to start moving towards home, as it won't be too long before Ned gets there.

As I move, I see a strange group entering a bank, and unfortunately, they don't seem like the usual clients.

They start tearing down the ATM with a strange device, forcing me to intervene, but as soon as I do, I realize that what they are using is something strange.

I start fighting them, and at first, everything goes smoothly. They are easily thrown down, with their shotguns taken away by webs and a bit of force, but everything changes when they use a strange device to restrict my movements.

They start using a strange multi-headed gun-thing that seems to invert gravity or something similar, nearly throwing me out of my game, but luckily, I can anchor myself to the ground and use the web-shooter to solve the situation.

Or so I thought. Suddenly, one of the remaining guys does something to the tool they were using to cut the ATM, overcharging it, until it starts spraying energy beams that starts cutting the place apart.

Scared by what was happening, and unable to control the tool now turned weapon, the robber let it go. Now fully without control, a death ray cuts half of the front of the bank and the store down the street, Mr. Dalmar grocery, which seems to explode as soon as the ray hits it. 

Uncaring about the robbers' problem, I start running to the burning shop, focused on saving the man that makes the best sandwich of all Queens.

As I take him and his cat out of the building, I realize that the robbers have run away, destroying any chance of discovering what was all that technology.

Confused and a bit sore after the fight, I returned home, entering through the window of my room while immersed in my thoughts.

Maybe Sig was right... We shouldn't go heroing alone... If we were together, we would have been able to prevent all the damage...

As I am fully immersed in my thoughts, I don't notice that I'm not alone in the room until I turn and find Ned seated on my bed and shocked by the situation.

A moment of panic strikes me, but Sig's training takes over, making me responsive enough that I'm able to catch the Lego death Star that Ned drops.

Preventing the crush of the model, and putting a hand on Ned's mouth, I avoided the leaking of any sound that could alert May, which was cooking in the next room.

I delicately put the Death Star on my bed while shushing Ned to prevent him from screaming, before removing my hand from his mouth.

"You are Spiderman?!" Says Ned with a quiet scream, having noticed that I didn't want him to be loud.

"No, you are wrong," I reply, denying something that can't be more obvious.

"Dude, you were walking on the ceiling while wearing the suit..." Ned replies, pointing out the obvious by rolling his eyes.

Realizing that there is nothing I can say to salvage the situation, I decided to come clean, stop denying the undeniable, and admit the truth. "Ok, I am Spiderman, but be quiet. People don't know about it." 

"You could have told me. I am your best friend." He replies, uncomfortable with what he perceived as a lack of trust.

"I tried to tell no one," I say while scratching my cheek, shamed by his hurt expression.

"Really? Not even May," Ned asks, surprised by my answer.

"Especially May. Right now, other than you, only Sig and mister Stark know about it," I reply, having chosen to be honest with him as my secret is already out.

After hearing my words, a glimmer appears in Ned's eyes before he starts mumbling, "Wait a minute, if you are Spiderman, which means that Sig is that pink cat... And if you two are together in this with Mr. Stark, does it mean that the internship was a cover?" 

"Eeeeem..." I reply, completely taken by surprise by how much he was able to analyze the situation with the small amount of data that he has.

"You have so many things to tell me..." Ned continues, now fully engrossed in searching for the truth.

It takes me another couple of seconds before I decide to indulge him and start answering his questions. Taking a long breath, I sigh before saying, "Fine... But it's best if I call Sig too so that we simply explain things once, what do you say?"

"Sure, go for it, but shouldn't he be with his family?" Ned asks, remembering Sig's words from this morning.

"Don't worry about it. Now let me call him." I say, fully conscious that it will simply take a second for him to teleport here from his uncle's house.

Dialing his number, I start tumbling with my fingers, waiting for him to answer the phone.

Finally, the call connects, and Sig's voice is projected, "What's up, buddy?"

Taking a breath before answering his question, I can't do anything more than say, "Well, Sig something unexpected happened..."

54