Chapter 24
1.5k 4 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Remind me, why are we going?" Peter asks, unconvinced by our evening plan.
"Because it's a party, why shouldn't we?" I reply, fully knowing why he is against the idea.
"That's not an answer," he replies, growling a bit at my answer.
"Technically, it is, and we agreed. It wouldn't be cool if we bail out without a reason," I say with a bit more seriousness.
"But we have to find who is behind the strange weapons." He replies with a low voice, still focused on yesterday's fight.
"And we will, but not tonight. We already talked about it. If they aren't idiots, they will stay low for a bit after meeting you and getting their ass beaten." I say after rolling my eyes, not interested in having this conversation again.
"I know, but that weapons are dangerous. And they didn't seem that smart last night," Peter replies after sighing, unconvinced by my reasoning.
"Doesn't matter, Liz invited us, and as members of the same club, we should help each other," I reply while sticking out my tongue.
"Fine..." He sighs, already used to my antics.
"And we never went to a party since we got together. Are you embarrassed by me?" I point out while faking a hurt expression.
"So that's the reason? It's not like everyone doesn't already know..." Peter replies while rolling his eyes, fully aware of my love for the dramatic.
"Don't be a bummer..." I say, annoyed by his lack of commitment to the idea of having fun.
We are suddenly interrupted as the door of Peter's room is suddenly opened, and May asks, "Are you lovebirds done? You said that the party will start at 9 and we need to move if we want to arrive in time."
"We are done May!" We reply together, turning to the most excited in the house at the idea of the party.
"Then move your asses. I have a shift later and don't want to be late."

 


 

"Have a good evening, boys. Charles will come at 11 to get you. Have fun." May says as we get out of the car, having arrived near Liz's house.
"Bye, May," Ned and I say while we drag Peter with us, moving towards Liz's house.
Seeing the open door and the number of people, we moved inside, looking for the host of the party to let her know of our arrival.
"So, you have come to this lame party too..." MJ's sudden voice makes us jump, surprising us as we didn't know of her presence.
"Hi MJ, if you thought it was lame, why did you come?" I and while the other two greet her.
"It's not like I had something better to do..." She replies while shrugging.
"Really?" I ask, a bit surprised by her tone.
"Life kinda sucks, and I like to observe people at their lowest." She says while taking a test and moving out of the way, leaving us behind and confused.
"If you say so..." I mumble, unsure of what MJ is thinking.
Before I could do anything else, someone else approaches us, "Hi guys, I'm happy that you showed up at the end," Liz says.
"Hi Liz, how is the party going?" Ned asks while we greet her.
"It's ok. There are some snacks and drinks in the kitchen if you want..." She starts, before the sound of breaking glass makes her stop, "sorry guys, but I have to go, my parents will kill me if they find something broken..."
We couldn't even reply before she started moving towards the noise, already swearing at the ones that started creating problems as soon as the party started.
We moved around for a bit, taking a drink and a handful of chips while greeting the rest of our schoolmates till Peter and I decided to take a breath of fresh air outside.
While we were outside, a strange light in the distance gets our attention, causing a grin to sprout on Peter's face while a sigh escapes my mouth.
"We should go investigate that," he says, using this as an excuse to go do his favorite activity.
"But we are at a party..." I whine, more interested in having my desired fun than punching a couple of idiots.
"We agreed that if something happened, we would go as it could be tied to last night," Peter replies, having agreed to this evening exactly on that condition.
"Well, yes, but the party..." I whine again, this timeless convinced as I already know how this would end.
"We agreed," he replies again, aware that I will keep my word even if it pisses me.
"Fineeeee..." I finally say after sighing, "...but when we finish, we came back to the party."

Changing in our costumes, we start moving toward the place, before deciding that it would take too much. Deciding to go there faster, I took Peter for the collar and started floating.

Flying towards the place, we soon reach a shady overpass, and under that, we find a couple of people talking in front of a van.
One of them seemed intent on selling his "wares", and without a doubt, they aren't the normal kind.
"This is an Ultron arm straight from Sokovia, try it," says the one that seemed to the seller.
"Man, I wanted something low-key, what are you trying to upsell me, man?" the other one asks, seeming confused about the situation he is in.
"Ok ok, I have whatever you need man, I have awesome stuff here, black holes grenades, chitaurian weapons..." keep saying the first one, moving back to the van and starting to search for something inside.
"Times are changing man, only we can give you this kind of high-tech weapons..." A third man says, seeming together with the seller.
"I don't know man, I need a gun, not something to shoot them back in time..." replies the buyer, looking like a fish out of the water.
"Ok, it seems that I have given them more credit than they deserve," I say to Peter as we watch the scene, confused by what was happening.
"They could simply be the sellers and not the robbers." My boyfriend replies, unsure of them being the same people that he met yesterday.
"Doesn't matter, let's simply catch them and call the police," I say, more interested in ending this charade and returning to the party than knowing the truth of this matter.
"That makes sense, let's wait for a moment they aren't armed..." Peter starts before he is interrupted by his full-volume ringtone.
As soon as the noise starts, the grunts start panicking and pointing their weapons at the buyer, forcing Peter to jump down to prevent a murder.
Sighing at whatever was happening and at Peter's antics, I see him disarming a grunt and get punched by another one, before jumping down fuming.
Unwilling to let our quarry get away, I simply dropped in front of the van, throwing a punch at the hood with enough strength to break it and the engine below.
Hearing a higher-pitched scream than what I expected from the one in front of me, I decided to simply end this farce as swiftly as possible.
Using my power, I start to swell as I channel my inner singer, turning rounder and smaller as a sweet but puzzling melody starts to leave my mouth.
It takes only a couple of seconds before I hear the sound of someone falling and their snoring noise.
Turning back to my normal self, I take the two grunts out of the van, while a yawning Peter watches me, a bit dazed by my special singing.
"Cover them with webs instead of doing nothing..." I rebuke him with an angry voice.
"Sorry, Sig..." He replies while trying to restrain a yawn.
"Why are you saying sorry?" I snapped back at him, still enraged at what happened.
"Because I should have silenced my ringtone..." He replies, not identifying the right answer on his first try.
"Other than that..." I say while moving in front of him.
"Because I shouldn't have jumped in the fray without a plan?" Peter tries again, scratching his chin as he searches for a better answer this time.
"Obviously, and?" I asked again, keeping my eyes looking into his.
"Emmm I..." He stumbles, not knowing what I want to hear.
"Stop putting yourself at unnecessary risks. Don't jump in front of an alien gun without a plan." I say as my eyes bore into his, worry and rage easy to spot.
"But if I didn't, they would have killed the other guy," Peter replies, now aware of the reason behind my outburst.
"And that's why I am not slapping you right now," I say while I take him from his collar.
"Sorry... I would do better next time..." He replies again, fully aware that my reaction was purely moved by my worry for him.
"Let's call the police and move out of this place..." I say after letting him go, bending to the two sleeping idiots to search for a phone.
After having found it, I turn to Peter and say, "And let's get back to the party, I deserve at least a dance now."

53