Chapter 28
1k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, we do nothing?" I ask, curious about how our roles ended up swapping, with me asking Peter the questions that he asked me before.

"We agreed to let Mr. Stark and the FBI handle the situation. And we don't have any proof or legal way to do things." Peter replies, not fully noticing the peculiarity of the situation.

"I know, and I hate when you use my words against me," I reply while snorting, voicing my thoughts.

"It's not my fault that sometimes you are right," Peter says with a smirk and a condescending tone.

"Pfff, I am always right," I reply while throwing myself on his bed.

"Sure..." Peter mumbles while rolling his eyes, moving back to his paper-covered desk.

"What do you mean?" I ask while faking a hurt expression.

"Nothing, you were right about the accords and now we can't help people." He replies, turning serious after our small skit, a deeply concerned expression adorning his face.

"Obviously, what do you expect from scared politicians," I say, all the playfulness having vanished from both my voice and visage.

"Well, they could have easily done a better job, but..." Peter starts, trying to defend them, hoping that the problems they created were due to an honest mistake and not planned.

"No buts, they consider what we do vigilantism, and that's punished with detention for an indefinite time without a trial." I spat, seriously enraged at how illiberal the accords were, and how little they thought about our rights.

"Yeah, without a trial doesn't feel like it is within human rights," Peter says after a small sigh, already knowing my position on this topic.

"Because it's not," I reply with a snap, turning silent.

"We both know that people don't see us as humans anymore," I murmur with a low voice, breaking the silence that my previous words created.

"They are simply scared... But I am sure it will change; people are not that bad. If we keep helping them, they will accept us. I mean, we are heroes." Peter replies after sighing, slowly regaining his optimistic behavior as he speaks.

"Let's stop the serious talk, shall we? The ball will start in a couple of hours, and we need to prepare." I say, not wanting to dwell on this kind of topic and more interested in tonight's ball.

"I'm not the one that takes hours to prepare." He replies with a sarcastic tone, fully resolved to rub my usual lateness on my face.

"That's because you are a simple man, Pete Pie," I reply, unfazed by his word, and committed to turning back the joke on him.

"Are you saying that I'm stupid?" Peter replies, a bit annoyed by my joke, having fallen on my response.

"Oh, no. Only that you and fashion are two parallel lines, never destined to cross." I reply while upping the stakes, knowing that he truly is ignorant on this topic.

"And remember, put the new mismatched suit that I have put in your closet. I'll bring the Boutonnière later," I say, striking the still red iron of his expression, unwilling to give him time to find another comeback.

I can barely hear Peter say, "The what?" before I reappear in my room.
Suddenly my smile drops, and a grave expression takes its place.

"I really hope you are right Pete; I really do..." I murmur while a flash of purple appears in my eyes, unseen by anyone.

 


"Well, my beau, are you ready to climb my carriage to the ball?" I ask with a stupid grin while giving a bow to Peter the moment he opens the door.

"Seriously, Sig?" He asks while rolling his eyes at my stupid antics, fully knowing I was making them mostly to annoy him.

"What? My humble self is simply here to take his beloved to the ball to parade our beauty in front of the lesser." I reply, fully committed to my act.

"Are you drunk, or has your flair for the dramatic reached the level of a Disney film?" Peter asks, unsure of how long I was going to keep the nonsense going.

"Fine, I'll stop... You don't need to compare me with an evil multinational to make me stop." I reply, faking a couple of exaggerated sobs.

Seeing his unconvinced expression, I decided to change my tactic and attack his weak point. "And that's not considering that my beau is more beautiful than any character that accursed company will ever create," I say with a grin, while moving in front of Peter, which starts reddening as he hears my words, embarrassed by my forthcoming.

"There is no prince as handsome, nor princess as cute as my beau." I continue, whispering to his heart as I appoint the boutonnière that I have chosen, a pink rose, to the left lapel of his charcoal jacket.

"If I represent both Prince and Princess, what are you, the scoundrel?" A blushing Peter asks, unsure of how to take my words.

"I'll be whatever you want, Pete Pie," I say with a sultry voice while taking a peck at his lips, a peck that a second later turns into a full kiss.

"Could you two stop with your PDA?" May's voice suddenly sounds from within Peter's apartment, prompting him to freeze and interrupt our smooching.

Turning around, Peter comes face to face with his aunt, watching us with judgemental eyes.

Deciding to never back down, I take the opportunity to embrace Peter from behind, putting my head on his shoulder and giving me the perfect view of May's twitching eyebrows.

"See, the problem of the PDA is the public part, Pete Pie. We should get a room for ourselves next time." I say to Peter in a voice high enough to be easily heard by May, before turning to her. "Don't worry aunty, I'll bring Peter back before our carriage turns into a pumpkin..."

I see a glimpse of mirth in May's eyes at Peter's embarrassed face, but she reigns herself a moment later, committed to ignoring my antics, " are you ready for the photo before the ball?"

"Sure, we shouldn't waste the opportunity," I replied, dragging Peter towards May, that had already taken out a camera.

"Wait... Peter, you need to appoint my boutonnière too," I say, turning to my boyfriend and giving him my own floral decoration.

It took him a minute, even with me giving instructions, to finally set the azure rose that I had given him in the right way, making us ready for the photo shoot.

"Oh, remember to send them to my father, he told me like ten times while we were coming," I say as we start posing, not noticing her grimace at my words.

May takes a couple of minutes to finish the photo shoot, deliberately trying to put us in poses that make me look like the girl of the couple, as if this photo would change anything.

Finally, having completed our preparation, we finally moved out, leaving the flat and getting our ride from May.

It didn't take long for us to reach the school, and soon enough, we were inside, ready to dance at our homecoming ball.

And here is our MC, for those who are interested.

Spoiler

Sig in his prom suit

[collapse]

40