Chapter 07.2 – I’m Screwed-02
577 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“W-what’s happening?” The Queen asked the man in front of her who'd told her such nonsense just a few seconds ago.

Her lips were shaking inconsiderately…

“The royal palace lower part was under bombardment. And according to our guesses, there were probably spies on our side since they fully knew our weakness. My Queen, what should we do next? Should we let them conquer the lower part where the prisons are? Or should we send a back-up for the guards guarding the place and help them out at the cost of lowering our guards at higher places...?” The guard asked nervously.

The lower parts are under attack?! Isn’t that the place where Kurai’s currently being held? The Queen immediately realized the urgency and thought deeper into it.

Actually, she already has a picture in her mind whom the possible person responsible for the current event. But since it was simply a theory, there’s also a high possibility that the person in her mind wasn’t the mastermind of this cause.

“Do whatever you can and support the guards at the lower ground even if you have to dispatch the S-grades mages. No matter what, never let a single person be kidnapped or even killed.” The Queen said with godly cold eyes.

“B-but, that’s an impossible task, My Queen. Bloodbath ain’t rare in a fight, so how can we avoid someone getting killed.” The guard said truthfully.

The Queen paused for a moment before shifting her gaze behind her throne. And into the darkness, she whispered, “Can you do it, Urciel?”

The guard thought to himself that the Queen must’ve lost her mind. Not only was she talking into an empty space, her eyes were even gleaming the same way cold tyrant kings usually emit in their eyes.

And just to answer his confusion, a voice akin to a terrifying sleeping beast replied to her question, “What task are you talking about?”

The guard almost shivered in fear. He didn’t even notice such a person hiding there. Even though he wasn’t the best, he’s still one of those top knights whom assigned to protect the country.

Unless the said person was stronger than him, there was no way he wouldn’t be able to feel its presence.

The Queen didn’t seem to care about the shocked guard and continued on, “Obviously, you know what I meant right? There’s no way you wouldn’t be able to know such an obvious thing.”

Urciel crackled under his breath. Was he the reincarnation of a devil or something, because he was laughing the same way devil does that it almost freaked out the guard watching from the side.

“You’re like an open book, Alessandra. You’ve never changed didn’t you? Even in the past, you were always like that whenever it’s about him all the time. Kekekek, don’t worry, I shall carry on this mission just like in the past.”

“If you have nothing to say, hurry up and go before I kicked your ass over there.”

While cackling like a devil, Urciel vanished into thin air as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The guard who watched this scene unfold nervously swallowed down his saliva. Even at the very end, he couldn’t feel his presence even when Urciel left, that it made him shiver in fear.

***

Urciel made his way to the lower ground without anyone noticing him, before long he arrived into where Kurai's being held.

Alessandra, the Queen gave him one task. That is to secure Kurai and never let him get even a scratch befall under his skin.

In actual truth, Urciel was also pretty familiar with Kurai. Before he ended up in this world with his memory intact, he used to serve under a tyrant king. He was none othan than Kurai. Even though they're on a different world unlike his past life where Kurai's a tyrant king, it seemed like his wives whom memories still intact are keeping him under them.

Of course, since it was all from the past, he doesn't have the same respect towards Kurai, but since there's still lingering attachments over the past, he couldn't help but worry about him.

He was supposed to rescue him….

That's how it supposed to be. 

When he first reincarnated into this world, he was very confused as to why he was reborn as a child. But after he met his old acquintance, he began to think that maybe this ain't no different from the old world he used to lived.

He used to think that way until he saw such an unbelievable thing unfold in front of his very eyes.

"Dang it! Save me no matter what, even if you have to use your bodies as shields!! Groannn, why do I have to be caught up with this thing! If so, I don't wish to get out of this place anymore even if I have to endure looking at white paited ceiling and walls! Mom, I wonder if you're doing well…."

The man he knew who've always carried around a majestic aura around him, was currently cursing under his breath, with tears about to fall under his eyes.

I-Is that….. Is that really the same Kurai that he knew?! Urciel almost tripped himself over as he watched such a thing unfold.

Where did the majestic tyrant king whom he always admired gone to??

Unlike the Kurai from his past life, this one here was a coward one. Currently, since there's a bombardment of magics outside and they're currently under attack, he's even using the guards as a meat shields in order to block the rubbles from falling under the ceilings.

Didn't the Kurai from the past would do everything alone in his own to deal with this kind of situation if he was put under something like this? If so, why the Kurai from here was currently using the guards as a meat shield to save his own skin??

Urciel at a lost for words, could only make a poker face as he stared disgustedly towards him.

Should he save him or not? For some reason, he was kinda hesitating there.

But at the end of the day, he still made his decision….

A decision he will never regret.

Urciel dashed forward and soon revealed a dagger in his hand. His speed was so fast that the guards nearby didn't even noticed him.

His lone purpose was to purge down that man whom currently in disguise under the face and skin of Kurai that he knew!!

< Queen's Wrath (07.2) >

5