Afterword (+2022 Rewrite)
98 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear readers,

It's been some time since 2019 when I first started writing Girls Next Tour and finished the story. Afterward, it had so many iterations and changes that I felt were necessary, hoping this short "rewrite" before the end of this dreadful year 2022 to be the last one.

The day when I finished reading the manga I felt that this can't be it. There has to be something more to their story. Even if many readers accepted the ending as definite, I couldn't find it in my heart for the story to finish in that way. Hence I had this idea of a place or a 'unit' (Now called the Biodome in the new rewrite) that was hidden from plain sight on top of the city. It was fun to come up with all kinds of different theories for the outside world, the biodome, and the creatures they met, and to put them in writing felt like the right thing to do. Girls Next Tour is the first ever novel that I wrote, so revisiting and fixing elements and typos in the story was a must. 

Since 2019, the story has been viewed more than 20000 times on different sites and I hope every view is a reader that was interested in reading my iteration on how the girls' journey might have continued. I got so many comments and feedback and it made me beyond happy that people were reading it, so I felt it was necessary to revisit some elements and try to make the story as a believable continuation as it could. 

I can't thank every one of you for reading the story enough. It means so much to me and Chito and Yuuri mean the world to me. Even if they are fictional, I believe they are alive in each of our hearts and minds. I hope this story is a gift for them and for all the fans of their beautiful friendship and love. 

From the bottom of my heart thank you so much for reading the story.

Your feedback, comments, or reactions are always welcome and really make me happy.

------------------

To all those readers who read the story before, the story had a bunch of changes in the lore, especially the history of the 'unit' (now given an appropriate name of Biodome inspired by the documentary 'Spaceship Earth') and Itsuki's (Chito and Yuuri's grandfather)'s story.

If you don't want to reread the story from the beginning here is a quick summary of all the chapter changes.

Ch 1. Not much has changed, fixed a few typos and sentences for easy reading.

Ch 2. Not much has changed, fixed a few typos and sentences for easy reading. 

  • I fixed the part when they talk about consummating their marriage because Chito might have not known what that meant, she only could have heard the word that she read.

Ch 3. Not much changed. Fixed typos and sentences.

Ch 4. Removed references to music and real-life bands. I thought it was too much. 

Ch 5. The biggest change is in Itsuki's place of origin. In the previous iterations of the story, he was a citizen of the 'unit' (Biodome) who was exiled for bringing in refugees. I thought it made the story a bit weird and it made him a bit of a hypocrite for not telling the girls exactly how to reach the 'unit' (Biodome). In the new version he was originally from the village where they reside in the manga, however, he lost his pass privileges to go to the Biodome. In the story to get a pass, you had to get enough points to be able to travel with the citizens of the Biodome, however, he doesn't have an idea what might be up there. It's later explained in Chapter 8. In the new iteration, he has an onset of early Alzheimer hence he is forgetful and clumsy. (He also has never heard of music even though he collected old records and CD's). Yasuo's story remains unchanged.

Ch 6. Not much has changed in the original story, the only change is for Itsuki's wife. In the original iteration, she commits suicide, in the new iteration she goes out to try to reach Itsuki and allegedly falls into a ditch with her vehicle. Her body is never found or recovered so it's unclear if she is still alive or dead. In the new iteration, there isn't a letter addressed to Chito and Yuuri as Itsuki couldn't send letters anymore after the bridges collapsed. 

Ch 7. Not much has changed in the original story, fixed typos here and there. It's the first time Reo refers to his wife as ex-wife so it's left for the readers to find out why they aren't together in the bonus chapter.

Ch 8. The biggest change is that the 'traveler' now is just called 'AI'. I dropped the "Ancient Aliens" things cause I thought it sounded dumb. I dropped every mention of the word Shimeji. The 'Eringi' or Nuko's species is now species that were found underground and hunted for their blood like the 'Horseshoe Crab'. Every mention of aliens or different civilizations is dropped. 

Ch 9 . Not much has changed. Fixed typos and lots of sentences. Dropped the mention of the real-life band Huun-Huur-Tu. Instead, it's left to the imagination of the reader what they might be listening to. 

Ch 10. Not much has changed, fixed typos and a few sentences. Dropped the mention of the real-life band Asobi Seksu. 

Ch 11. Not much has changed, fixed typos and a few sentences.

Ch 12. Changed the name of Chito and Yuuri's kid to Aoki. Kouki sounded a bit too childish so I can't imagine him being called Kouki when he grows up lol. 

Epilogue. Not much has changed, fixed typos and a few sentences.

Bonus Chapter. Not much has changed, fixed typos and a few sentences.

1