Prologue
87 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes as a head-splitting headache assaulted my senses. Currently, I rested in a bed, naked. An Asian-looking middle-aged man wearing a red tunic like those people wore in ancient China stood nearby. He furrowed his brows as he watched me. 

"Yang Yuan!" the man shouted as he realized that I woke up. "Can you recognize me?" 

Without understanding the situation, I shook my head in denial. It seemed that he understood me just fine. I wondered why I could understand him, though. The words he spoke weren't in any language I recognized. What the hell?

"You can't even recognize your Master?!" the man exclaimed in frustration. "I knew that it was a mistake to give Heavenly Circle Cleansing technique to someone as hardworking as you!" 

Did he call himself my master?! Did it mean that I'm his slave or something? Things developed in a crazy direction, that's for sure. 

The last thing I could remember was me being at a party, getting drunk, and hoping to get laid. Had someone kidnapped me and sold me to a cosplaying psycho? 

"Don't worry, little Yuan," the man tried to reassure me for some reason. "You are my Disciple, and I'll make sure that the injury to your mind gets healed soon." 

Now that I thought about it, this guy had called me Yang Yuan before. 

Haha, what a silly name, I thought.

Unfortunately, it seemed that I was going to spend a lot of time being called like this...

***

Three weeks had passed since I got transmigrated to the body of Yang Yuan. It had taken me some time to adapt, but people can get used to all sorts of things rather soon - even to flying swords and superpowered humans... Okay, I lied. 

This place is nuts, I thought as I looked around the Azure Lotus Sect. 

The place seemed like a blend of ancient China and a futuristic city from a sci-fi story. On the one hand, were the primitive-looking wooden houses and tall pagodas. On the other hand was...everything else, really. 

A couple of disciples fought against that seemed to be robots (but actually were called Training Puppets) in the center of an arena made of shining metal, ve them in an energy barrier isolating them from the surroundings. A bunch of onlookers watched the fight with excitement, some held devices that looked like smartphones (but actually were called Record Tablets). 

Both the disciples and the Puppets moved at incredible speed, but I somehow could follow their actions as if they were in a slow mode. Instead of ordinary punches, they exchanged spectacular energy attacks. 

I'd tried to use this new body of mine, and it seemed that I could do stuff like this, too. Though, according to Fen Jing, I was really, really bad at it. By the way, he was my Master - here, people called their personal teacher like this. 

No matter how I looked at it, this was a cultivation world. And it was plainly obvious that if I needed to find a way to change my situation, otherwise, I would be screwed.

First, I didn't get any memories from Yang Yuan. Hell, I didn't even know any of the techniques he had learned. According to Jing, I was at the fifth level of the Spirit Star Realm, but even someone at the second level could kick my useless ass with their eyes closed... As for those at the first level, they would need to put some effort into it to defeat me if I resist. 

If the things here worked the same way as in the novels I'd read, then I was the opposite of those Overpowered Protagonists who could fight those stronger than them. I became a complete trash! 

It was only a matter of time until the other disciples learned of my situation and decided to use me to show off. How satisfying would it be for them to publicly beat the shit out of someone a few levels above theirs? In this stupid sect, any disciple could challenge another one above them in cultivation. 

Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea. 

In xianxia, the protagonist always ascends to a Higher World as soon as he became the strongest in a Lower One, but I always wondered - why no one did the opposite?! I pondered with a smirk. Everyone in those stories is so obsessed with immortality and the chance to become just a little bit stronger... Fuck that. I'd rather enjoy my life in safety!

And so, I formed a plan that was perfectly in accordance with my status as a cultivation trash. 

Wait for me, the Lower Heaven!

3