Chapter 1 – Facebook Friends
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry, Dudley, Hannah, Piers, Sasha, Megan, and I were hanging out at the park. We all had our phones out, on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Wattpad, YouTube, Twitter, or texting.

Then I had an idea. I waited excitedly until it was dark, and we all had to go home. Then I led Harry and Dudley down an alleyway and we arrived at someone's house - which had several trees in their front garden.

I hurried into the garden, picking up as many sticks as I could, and took them back out into the alleyway. I threw them all on the ground and got out my wand. I looked around for any Muggle's while Harry and Dudley looked on curiously.

I Transfigured the sticks into mobile phones. It took a lot of work, but it worked, and the phones seemed to be working fine. Most of all, they could download apps even though they weren't connected to anyone's bank account or anything!

I downloaded the apps for all the social media on them all, then put them all in my bag. There were loads of them. I'm going to hand them out to my crowd at school.

"Ni-i-ice!" Dudley said. "Can you turn a stick into a cake?"

An owl suddenly swept into the alleyway carrying a letter. It dropped it on my head. I opened it. It was a warning from the Ministry. Oh well.

Us three dandered back to our house. I hid the phones in my room and gave one to Harry, seeing as he didn't have one.

A minute later, I received a friend request from Harry Potter on Facebook, and I accepted. Dudley also accepted him.

Us three went into group chat texting and texted the rest of the night.

~~~ 

The next day, I left for Dragon's house. Or fucking mansion, whatever you want to call it.

Then I was going to my boyfriend's house, Hermione's house, then Shannon's.

"Second year was fucking hectic, wasn't it?" I said to Draco, lying on the spare room bed with him, remembering this same scenario exactly a year ago.

"Yeah ... it was ..." He said sadly.

"Hey!" I turned his face towards mine. "Don't look so sad! What's up?" 

I knew full well what was up.

"Um, you know ... nothing. I'm fine." Draco muttered, looking anywhere but at me.

"Now tell me the truth." I said gently.

"I - I CAN'T!" He yelled. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE - YOU HAVE THE PERFECT LIFE, OF COURSE HE WOULD WANT YOU AND HE IS SERIOUSLY GOOD-LOOKING SO OF COURSE YOU WOULD CHOOSE HIM -"

"Don't you yell at me." I said coolly. "And of course I don't have the perfect life. My parents are dead. I was controlled - used like a toy," my fists clenched the bedsheets, "by the Dark Lord, same Dark Lord tried to kill me and my brother, and is still trying to do so."

Draco stopped at once and again, didn't look at me. "I'm sorry."

"Look, I know why you're frustrated - well that's an understatement -" he snorted, "and I know exactly what the reason for that is. It's me going out with Terry, isn't it?"

Draco gave a stiff nod, looking at the wall.

"I'm sorry, but he's the one I love. I'm the one he loves, and there's no way you can change that, except for a love potion, and don't you dare get any ideas." I said, studying his face carefully. "You had better just move on, because I don't think we're breaking up any time soon, or even ever. You should be fine with being just my best friend. I'm honestly flattered that you ... you like me that way," Draco's face went slightly pink, "but it's not changing any time soon, so find another girl to make you happy. We'll be best friends. And, hey -" I lifted his chin to force him to look into my eyes, "I'm sorry. But this is the way things are."

He looked into my eyes, studying them, then nodded, getting up and striding out of the room. 

'He needs some time to himself; to think this over.' I told myself. I got out my phone and updated my status on Facebook and liked Harry and Dudley's.

~~~

That night, when I was bored and sitting on the windowsill creating noiseless fireworks, Draco slid onto his sill through his window and watched silently with me. Minutes passed in awkward silence, when he finally spoke up.

"Daisy, I'm sorry for reacting that way earlier. I - I guess I was jealous. I'll be fine with being your best friend - actually, I'll be more than fine with it!" He said. "I just ... like ... you very much, but you'll never feel the same, so I'll settle with best friend."

I think I do feel the same way, Dragon ...

NO. I don't. I love Terry. My BOYFRIEND. 

"That's good." I said. We sat in companionable silence, watching the fireworks.

It reminded me of the fireworks display after the ball in first year. When Draco put his arm around me, and I lay my head against his shoulder.

It wasn't meant to be.

Yes, it was.

No, it wasn't. You're happy with Terry.

I remembered the phones, and I darted back inside for the one that I brought with me. I climbed back outside and handed Draco it. He looked, confused, at it.

"Press the button at the side." I instructed. He did so, and the screen lit up. He gaped at it.

The rest of the night was spent giving him instructions on how to use the phone and what the Internet and apps were. By morning, we had become friends on Facebook and were following each other on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Wattpad. He also got a YouTube, and we subscribed to each other. We texted all night.

~~~

My boyfriend grabbed my hand as the Portkey glowed and I waved to Draco. Him and the Manor dissolved in whirling colours as we landed in Terry's house.

Aaron and Morgan Boot greeted us, beaming.

"So Daisy is your girlfriend now, Terry?" Aaron grinned as Morgan hugged me so tightly I couldn't breath.

"Correct." Terry grinned, grabbing my hand and wrenching me away from his mother. "We've got a lot of ... stuff to catch up on, see you later!" And he pulled me out of the door, Aaron smirking at us, knowing full well what we were going to 'catch up' on. 

We trekked down to the ghost town near his house, and explored an abandoned mansion on the outskirts. He showed me the grand staircase. For being abandoned, it sure was beautiful.

"It's beautiful!" I voiced my thoughts.

"Not as beautiful as you." Terry smirked, saying the incredibly cliché line.

I smacked his arm before pulling him down for a kiss. We got really into it. He pushed me gently down on the staircase, not breaking contact, and positioned himself on top of me. My hands tugged at his hair, (making him growl in an animalistic way, which made me grin into the kiss) and his roamed all over my body, touching parts that nobody else had touched before. He started to unbutton my shirt, but I pushed him off, saying, "Cheeky, cheeky, Mr Hopper!"

He smirked down at me, his eyes wild with lust, his arms positioned on either side of my head.

"Don't you like being cheeky though, Miss Softpaw?" He whispered huskily to my ear, moving down and planting kisses on my jaw - going lower, kissing my neck, then my collarbone - then he found THAT spot, which made me moan surprisingly loud. He bit down on it, making me gasp. He drew away and studied the fucking HICKEY that he'd made on me.

"You're mine." He said lowly, his eyes trained on mine, smirking, then he dived for my lips and we started snogging again.

He bit on my lower lip gently, and I opened my mouth slightly. He slipped his tongue in, and we actually got pretty into it.

The wind suddenly blew the doors to the mansion open, howling around and whipping the curtains around, expelling cobwebs and dust.

It was already dark, and it looked so creepy.

"Ni-i-ice!" I said, high-fiving Terry. "Ghost hunt time!"

And so we explored the ghost town, but didn't find any ghosts. We did find some severely creepy houses though.

When we got back to Terry's house, I gave him a phone and gave him the same tutorial that I gave Draco. Within an hour, Terry and I were friends on Facebook, were following each other on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Wattpad, and subscribed to each other on YouTube. He also got my number and we texted too.

Then after a few days at Terry's, I went to visit Hermione. Last year in the holidays, I had found her on Facebook and she accepted my friend request. We also had each other on all the other sites and we had each other's numbers.

Then I went to Shannon's. On the night that her parents weren't home, Amy and Suzanne came over and we partied. I gave them all phones, and, you guessed it, they got accounts on all the websites and they added me.

Then I returned to Privet Drive in time for Harry and I's birthday.

We had a spectacular party. We invited Megan, Hannah, Sasha, and Piers. We also got presents from all our friends from Hogwarts. We each got a biting book from Hagrid, and we got news that Percy was Head Boy and the Weasley's won some money, so they went to Egypt.

It was great banter.

2