Chapter 6 – Major Prank War
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the contestants in the Major Prank War were: The Insurgents, Harry, Ron, Amy, Suzanne, Shannon, Lee, Draco, Katie, Leanne, Lewis, Kurt, Colin, Louis, Ginny, the Gryffindor second year's, and the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

It began one morning when I wrote all the Oliver Wood jokes on Post-It notes, sneaked up to his dorm, and stuck them all over his stuff. Luckily he and Percy didn't wake up. 

When I sneaked back to my dorm, someone had pinned all my underwear to my bedsheets.

"Godric fucking damn it." I huffed, pulling them all off. I heard Lee's cackling from our private bathroom.

I grabbed an Oreo packet from my food stash under my bed and took off the tops of the biscuits. I scraped all the cream off, and put toothpaste on instead. I put the tips back on, and hid the Oreo packet under Lee's pillow.

I then dandered down to the Great Hall, hands in my pockets, whistling. I saw Fred and George, whispering, at the corner of the table. 

Instead of going to sit by them, I sneaked past Suzanne at the Hufflepuff table and slipped a book into her pocket. It was 'Arthur Kills a Hobo for his Clothes'. (On the side xD)

I sneaked back over to the Gryffindor table and watched her as she searched her pockets for a quill. She suddenly looked puzzled, and drew out the book from a pocket. She looked at the cover, and at this point I had to dash out of the Hall because I was laughing so much.

In Charms, I sat beside Terry and Amy again. I discreetly charmed their robes red and gold instead of blue and bronze.

When they noticed, they started freaking out.

"SOFTPAW!" Terry yelled, trying to turn them back.

"Daisy - you little shit -" Amy shrieked, dancing around.

I just cackled.

In Astronomy, I sat beside Harry and Ron. I charmed the blackboard so that the chalk would always write 'Dean Thomas is a little bitch'. I also jinxed Harry's glasses to make his eyes seem really huge.

In History of Magic, everyone was looking for revenge. 

Suzanne charmed my hair so that it was even more curly and it looked as though my head had exploded.

Harry hexed my snake's skin so that it turned neon pink.

"He's a little bastard." My tiny, baby snake hissed to me.

"Agreed." I hissed back.

"I heard that!" Harry hissed to us. The kids in the seats around us looked at us, confused.

"We don't speak Parseltongue!" Seamus exclaimed.

Then, being an ironic little bastard, he cursed Harry and I so that the only thing we could speak was Parseltongue for half an hour.

When Draco fell asleep on the desk next to me, I took advantage of that, and drew a Dark Mark on his arm.

It was so realistic that when he woke up, he starting screaming at it.

I hacked into Seamus's account on Facebook and changed his status to 'I'm gay'.

Then Amy texted me during class. My text tone rang out, and everyone turned to look at me, including Professor Binns.

After class, I tried to find a bathroom. I say, TRIED, because every single bathroom I came across had the little symbol of a boy on it. Even bathrooms I could swear were the girl's...

I heard Terry snigger from around the corner, and sighed. I went into the next bathroom I came across that I remembered was a girl's one.

Terry was charming the symbols, the little shit.

That night in the dorm, I stole Fred, George and Lee's phones. I changed their ringtones to a scream, a creepy laugh, and a creepy man saying "You can run, but you can't hide."

I rang them in the middle of the night, when they were sleeping.

They bolted upright in their beds, looking freaked out. I laughed at them.

Lee had scrambled back and his pillow crinkled. He took out the packet of Oreos.

"Nice." He said, taking out an Oreo and biting into it. His face turned, and he spat onto the floor, saying, "EW EW EW -"

The next day, I saw posters of Lewis and Kurt plastered all over our room. 

And in our bathroom, there was a massive photo of Lockhart, with a note at the bottom, saying 'From Colin and Louis :)'

But throughout the day, girls who looked and sounded exactly like me kept coming up to me and introducing themselves as members of the Daisy Potter Fan Club, and that today they had to look exactly like me. 

In Transfiguration, I put spiders in Ron (just like in my first week in first year), Parvati, and Lavender's desks. They screamed.

Neville also pranked Seamus by turning his hair to the colours of the Irish flag.

In Charms, Harry pranked Amy by jinxing her skirt so that it was ankle length, (luckily I wear school trousers so I don't have to worry about that prank!) and Terry pranked Harry by writing the words, 'My sister is Terry Boot's girlfriend' all over his stuff.

In Herbology, Suzanne charmed Ron's hair so that it was in a buzz cut for an hour.

In History of Magic, Shannon turned all our hair colours complete opposites for an hour - mine and Harry's were bleach blonde like Draco's was, his was jet black like ours was, Ron's was brown, Lavender's was ginger, etc.

After class, Ginny and Katie vanished all our homework, which was just evil.

I charmed Leanne and Angelina's bags so that they had huge pictures of Snape on them.

But I also thought that I'd quite like to prank myself, too. So I took out my Time Turner and went back in time. I went up to a confused me and explained that I was a member of the Daisy Potter Fan Club, etc.

~~~

When Floppy got back to class in Potions on Thursday, I was pissed. I wanted him to stay off for much longer.

"Sir." He called. "Sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm -"

"Miss Potter, cut up Malfoy's roots for him." Snape said, without even looking up.

"There's nothing wrong with your fucking arm." I hissed at Floppy.

Floppy smirked across the table. "Weakling, you heard Professor Snape, cut up these roots."

I seized my knife, pretended to draw it across my neck, pointed at him, pulled his roots towards me, and began to chop them roughly, so that they were all different sizes.

"Professor." Floppy drawled. "Potter's mutilating my roots, sir."

"Change roots with Malfoy, Miss Potter."

I had spent the last quarter of an hour carefully shredding my own roots into exactly equal pieces.

"No." I said defiantly in the heat of the moment.

Everyone went silent as they looked at me and Snape with either horror or delight. They should be used to this by now. I defy Snape to his face all the time.

"Detention." Snape said. "And, Longbottom, your potion is orange. It is supposed to be green. At the end of this lesson, we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens. Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly."

"Sir, that's illegal." I said defiantly again. "You're not allowed to poison animals."

Everyone watched in horror.

"Double detention."

"Help me!" Neville moaned to Hermione.

"Hey, Daisy." Seamus said, leaning over to borrow my brass scales as Snape moved on. "Have you heard? Daily Prophet this morning - they reckon Sirius Black's been sighted."

"Where?" Harry, Ron, and I said quickly. On the other side of the table, Floppy looked up, listening closely.

"Not too far from here." Seamus said, who looked excited. "It was a Muggle who saw him. 'Course, she didn't really understand. The Muggle's think he's just an ordinary criminal, don't they? So she phoned the telephone hotline. By the time the Ministry of Magic got there, he was gone."

"Not too far from here..." Draco repeated, looking significantly at me.

Ron turned and saw Floppy watching closely. "What, Floppy? Need something else done?"

But Floppy's eyes were shining malevolently, and they were fixed on me. He leant across the table.

"Thinking of trying to catch Black single-handed, Weakling?" 

"Yeah, obviously." I said sarcastically.

Floppy's thin mouth was curving in a mean smile.

"Of course, if it was me," he said quietly, "I'd have done something before now. I wouldn't be staying in school like a good boy, I'd be out there looking for him." 

"What are you talking about, Floppy?" Harry said roughly.

"Shut up, Felix." Draco said hurriedly, giving Floppy a meaningful glance.

"Don't you KNOW, Weakling?" Floppy breathed, his dark eyes narrowed, ignoring his cousin.

"Know what?" I snarled.

Floppy let out a low, sneering laugh.

"Maybe you'd rather not risk your neck." He said. "Want to leave it to the Dementors, do you? But if it was me, I'd want revenge. I'd hunt him down myself." 

"What are you talking about?!" I said angrily, but at that moment Snape told us to clear away.

Near the end of the lesson, Snape strode over to Neville, who was cowering by his cauldron.

"Everyone gather round." He said. "Watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. If he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely to be poisoned."

He fed the potion to the toad, and it shrunk into a tadpole.

The Gryffindor's burst into applause. Snape, looking sour, pulled a small bottle from the pocket of his robe, poured a few drops on top of Trevor, and he reappeared suddenly, fully grown.

~~~

"Right then." Professor Lupin said to our class in Defence Against the Dark Arts. "If you'd follow me." 

He led us along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing we saw was Peeves, who was floating upside-down in mid-air and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

Peeves didn't look up until Professor Lupin was two feet away, then he wriggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song.

"Loony, loopy Lupin," Peeves sang. "Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin -"

Rude and unmanageable as he almost always was, Peeves usually showed some respect towards the teachers. Everyone looked quickly at Professor Lupin to see how he would take this; to our surprise, he was still smiling.

"I'd take that gum out of the keyhole, if I were you, Peeves." He said pleasantly. "Mr Filch won't be able to get in to his brooms."

Filch was a bad-tempered, failed wizard who waged a constant war against the students, and, indeed, Peeves. However, like the Peeves we all know, he paid no attention to Professor Lupin's words, except to blow a loud wet raspberry.

Professor Lupin gave a small sigh and took out his wand.

"This is a useful little spell." He told us over his shoulder. "Please watch closely."

He raised the wand to shoulder height, said "Waddiwasi!" and pointed it at Peeves.

With the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves's left nostril; he whirled right way up and zoomed away, cursing.

"Cool, sir!" Dean and I said in amazement.

"Thank you, Dean, Daisy." Professor Lupin said, putting his wand away. "Shall we proceed?" 

We set off again, our class looking at shabby Professor Lupin with increased respect. He stopped outside the staff room.

He showed us inside, then showed us a wardrobe, which was rattling. He said it was a Boggart, and Hermione said it was something which takes the shape of our worst fear.

"It's always best to have company when you're dealing with a Boggart. He becomes confused. Which should he become, a headless corpse or a flesh-eating slug? I once saw a Boggart make that very mistake - tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening."

"Nah, that would make me piss myself laughing." Terry hissed to me. I burst out laughing.

"I'd pick it up and throw it at Ron!" I whispered back, and Terry roared with laughter. Everyone turned and looked at us.

Then Professor Lupin asked Neville to say what his greatest fear was, and he said Snape. Then he told him to imagine his grandmother's clothes on Boggart-Snape.

Then Professor Lupin told us to think of what scares us most.

I thought immediately of Tom Riddle. Him and his manipulative mind. Being controlled, used by him was my greatest fear.

Neville attacked the Boggart first. It turned into Snape, but then Neville said, "Riddikulus!' and he suddenly had Neville's grandmother's clothes on.

Then several other people went forward and had a go, then I ran forward eagerly, and the Boggart turned into a tall, dark haired boy of sixteen. His dark eyes gleamed red, and he smiled sadistically down at me.

He twirled his wand idly in his hand. I stumbled back from him, tripping over my own feet, and I fell to the floor. Riddle advanced, smirking evilly down at me.

"Ri-Riddikulus!" I stammered. 

The Boggart changed. Tom Riddle was now standing beside - beside ME. Boggart-Daisy's eyes were blood-red, and she and Riddle had identical sadistic smirks on their faces. Around them, Ron, Hermione, the twins, Dudley - everyone I knew and loved was lying dead on the ground. Riddle was twirling his wand again, and Daisy's hands were glowing with her powers. Boggarts Harry, Terry, and Draco were on their knees in front of them. Daisy struggled, her eyes turning green for a second, before Riddle flicked his wand lazily at her, and they turned back to red. She smirked his smirk, and clenched her fist. The three Boggart boys screamed out in pain, falling to the floor, writhing and screaming. Tears streamed down my face. She released her fist, and they fell, panting, to the floor. She then raised her hand, and it glowed green. The three Boggart boys went limp. Obviously dead. 

"No!" I screamed. 

Tom Riddle turned to Boggart-her, and stroked her face with one long finger. "We'll rule the world...together..." He whispered in her ear, and they both turned, smirking evilly, to us all.

Draco started forward, eyes wide and face pale, but a smirking Floppy snatched him back.

"Riddikulus!" I whispered.

The scene changed again. Riddle was standing over the real me again, his wand raised, saying, "Avada Kedavra-!"

"Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin stepped in, having seemed frozen with shock before. The Boggart turned into a silvery-white orb. 

When class ended, I tried to hurry off. But my classmates surrounded me. 

"Daisy, oh my Godric -"

"You're so WEAK, Weakling." Floppy smirked at me.

"Fuck off, Floppy!" Everyone chorused, glaring at him. He sloped off, being outnumbered.

"You must have been terrified -"

"I'm so sorry -"

"That must be a horrible worst fear -"

"Guys, just, please -" I felt the tears running down my face again, remembering my brother, my boyfriend, and my best friend lying dead on the floor - killed - killed by ME. And everyone else that I cared about...

I pushed through them all and ran towards the girl's bathrooms. I shut myself in a cubicle and cried my eyes out.

The door opened and someone came in and sat down beside me. They put their arm around me. 

"Shh, it's okay Daisy, it's alright, it wasn't real, and it's never going to happen..."

It was Suzanne.

"But Suzanne, it might! He managed to control me last year, and he might kill me, and - and -" I broke off, holding back a sob. "He might force me to - to torture you guys and kill you! I might KILL you, Suzanne!"

Suzanne brushed her soft blonde ringlets over her shoulder, and her huge, baby blue eyes gazed off in thought. I remembered all the times we've had together. In first year, on the train. Before the Sorting. When we were pranking. When I needed advice. When we were Christmas shopping and we hung out in the Shrieking Shack, giggling and eating sweets.

"Besides, he's not coming back." She said.

"But he came back last year..." I whispered.

"Didn't you say that he was a memory encased in a diary?"

"But there may be more...and all the conspiracy theories...most people think he's coming back at some point..."

"Well, if he does, then we'll be ready." Suzanne said confidently. "We're all strong together."

~~~

Later, in the Great Hall, Floppy kept trying to mimic my face when I saw my Boggart to an amused Slytherin audience. Harry kept shooting me worried glances from directly across the table and hooking his feet around mine. The twins slung their arms around me on either side of me since they'd heard what happened - in great detail from a babbling Neville - and Ron and Hermione were trying to cheer me up, even though they had kind of stricken faces on themselves from seeing my Boggart. Terry and Draco kept shooting me concerned looks from across the Hall, and everyone in my DADA class except for Floppy, Pratinson, and their friends, kept trying to comfort me.

After leaving, Terry grabbed me and lead me off for a comforting session in the Forest - well, think whatever you want to think...

2